Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki FSD Beta 10.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same no FSD as others. I downloaded 2021.36.8.5 without an issue. Software screen shows FSD Beta 10.4. But in autopilot setting I’m still in the queue for fsd beta. I tried one double press steering wheel reboot in the garage but no help. I'll try the rolling reboot and the camera cal at the next opportunity.
Just trying to be helpful here, so don't get mad if you already tried this, but did you actually turn on the correct setting? The "Full Self-Driving (Beta)" slider has to be turned on, after the download is successful. There are also sliders for if you want the wider-screen view (also hide the music bar).

fsd.jpg

Just trying to be helpful here, so don't get mad if you already tried this, but did you actually turn on the correct setting? The "Full Self-Driving (Beta)" slider has to be turned on, after the download is successful. There are also sliders for if you want the wider-screen view (also hide the music bar).
For people having the problem, they don't even get the switch to turn it on. It just shows the same button you initially pressed to request the beta, even though they received all the 10.4 release notes and received the right version.

Finally got mine working. Aside from several reboot attempts when parked… I did this after a short 5 mile drive …but this time reboot using the steering wheels while car was in motion. Sure enough it started showing FSD BETA option after it came back up.

Good look to you guys out there… and pls be safe if you try this while driving. Just seems to take the screen away…but rest of the cars operation was functional!
I submitted a request for the service team to push the update again. After they pushed and reinstalled it, the problem is now fixed. 👍

For people having the problem, they don't even get the switch to turn it on. It just shows the same button you initially pressed to request the beta, even though they received all the 10.4 release notes and received the right version.
Correct. I dowloaded FSD 10.4 2021.36.8.5 last night and do not yet have same controls you show above.

Attachments

• IMG_0479.jpeg
    IMG_0479.jpeg
    719.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0481.jpeg
    IMG_0481.jpeg
    613.9 KB · Views: 64
@fordhamg One thing I forgot to mention that applies to your situation, as you're driving a Refresh Model S.

Elon has stated that they have had to use alternative parts in order to continue shipping cars. Quite a few of these parts require new code to be written for them, as the code for the old part won't work with the new part.

As new parts are added (and the associated code written), the break in firmware will (obviously ;) ) include the code necessary for these new parts.

So this adds another hurdle that needs to be cleared in order for your car to get off of the break in code branch and onto the public release branch... the code to support the new part(s) has to be added to the public release firmware branch.

This is an ongoing process, as Tesla is continually using alternative parts as the parts normally used become unavailable.

This has gotten to be such a problem that Tesla has actually shipped some Model 3's and Y's without usable USB ports!

Sorry for all the OT posts, gents.

By the way... congrats on the refresh Model S!

Reactions: fordhamg
I put in a service request with some screen shots. Got scheduled for Friday service appointment. Hopefully they will just force another OTA by morning and not drag this till Friday :(. Sucks… I was really excited to see the FSD
I created a service appt. the next day I called them and they forced the software again to car. It worked after that. Good luck

Yup.

Check out @jebinc 's post history. He just went through the process and posted about it here on the forums. I think most of it is within the last few pages of this thread, actually... maybe not...too lazy to check. ;)

@Phlier Well, even though I received an email from Tesla early yesterday, stating my beta firmware has been removed, it’s still there. They lied, or are incompetent, or worse, both!

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
@Phlier Well, even though I received an email from Tesla early yesterday, stating my beta firmware has been removed, it’s still there. They lied, or are incompetent, or worse, both!

Sounds like a typical example of left/right hands not talking.

Like when they remove FSD from a trade in on the back end system and auction it off, but the car doesn't get the update it was removed till after the auction.

So probably someone in the FSD program removed you on the back end system, but your car hasn't gotten the news yet because the concept of back-end changes auto-pushing to their targets is foreign to them.

Remember these are the guys working on robotaxis but spent 10 years unable to offer waypoints on their nav system.

Brilliant engineers- absolute 100% garbage at internal IT.

YouTuber "Dirty Tesla" may have solved the erratic behaviors mentioned hear by calibrating the cameras. Will try tomorrow. If this works there may be a software calibration error in 10.4 and camera recalibration may be necessary for 10.5.
I calibrated the model S Plaid cameras. It took approx 12 miles to show 98% complete, but then another 20 miles to go from 98% to 100%. I drove on mostly well painted line roads. Regretfully I found No better performance using city 10.4 Beta.

Just wanted to know something:

If there are two left turn lanes, and the car ends up in the outside lane, will it do the correct action and turn left and stay in the outside lane?

When this happened to me earlier today, I was in the outside lane and it went straight instead of going left (which was a legal move, but navigation said go left).

Just wanted to know something:

If there are two left turn lanes, and the car ends up in the outside lane, will it do the correct action and turn left and stay in the outside lane?

When this happened to me earlier today, I was in the outside lane and it went straight instead of going left (which was a legal move, but navigation said go left).
It’ll stay in the outside lane. Sometimes it turns a bit wide, then overcorrects, veering rapidly towards the inside left turn lane upon completion of the turn, requiring an intervention.

Though… my example was not from a shared straight/left lane like yours - it was a dedicated left turn lane. That seems like it would be “more difficult” for FSD, which has a hard time completing the simplest maneuvers. Or manures, as some have called them.

Remember these are the guys working on robotaxis but spent 10 years unable to offer waypoints on their nav system.

Brilliant engineers- absolute 100% garbage at internal IT.
All companies have problematic IT departments. For one thing most engineers prefer to work on products than in IT - so usually the better engineers work on products. Also, IT departments are chronically underfunded since they are a "cost center".

ps : The nav waypoints may be related to how much Tesla may have to pay TomTom or whoever they are using. My speculation is that adding waypoints costs them more in licensing.

I calibrated the model S Plaid cameras. It took approx 12 miles to show 98% complete, but then another 20 miles to go from 98% to 100%. I drove on mostly well painted line roads. Regretfully I found No better performance using city 10.4 Beta.
Where does it show the 98% complete? After watching the video decided to give it a try. The video said 9-10 miles. I drove 17 miles with the blue circle going around the auto steer (I believe). Then decided to hit the freeway and after 21 miles the blue circle finished and I could then use AP (but I think I may have need to put in PARK but not sure. Anyway, I never saw the 98% you are talking about also which was shown in the video in a M3. I have 2017 MS.

ALSO: Not sure it helped my car but have not tested very much after.

Dropped my car off for service today. Hopefully nothing they do while test driving gives me strikes against FSD
I would ask the guys accepting your car about it. But I heard that cars in Service Mode are excluded. But pretty sure I heard someone had a problem while it was at the Server Center. Hard to say for sure.
=====
Service Mode is what Tesla Service centers and authorized body shops put your car into when it's being worked on. It adds a ~3 mph speed limit, disables remote access and disables the dash cams. It also allows for certain operations such as redeploying the firmware after replacing hardware.

• Informative
Reactions: Ramphex