Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's the full YouTube video where she's complaining about why FSD Beta takes so long at a stop sign and wants to creep so much into the intersection:

The current moving object network for predicting vehicles needs to see quite a bit of the vehicle to classify it correctly whereas a human would see even just the top of a vehicle and know the rest of the vehicle is occluded by the fence (notice no visualized crossing vehicle below):
View attachment 851417

Even with the new video occupancy network, there would need to be some classification to understand the larger picture behavior of these are vehicles taking turns at a stop sign instead of just "here's some moving blobs."

Arguably, FSD Beta is being extra cautious in its creeping behavior because potentially there could be a very short vehicle like a kid on a bike that natural human behavior of assuming a tall-enough vehicle would be seen might accidentally miss.
I recently changed my collision detection to medium from early and getting less phantom braking and these warnings ⚠️... it's worth a shot!

Reactions: Shocker
And it appears those doing the “safety dance,” will have to continue to “dance” for many more months (or opt out) as 10.69.2 was released on the old 2022.20 firmware branch. AMF.
Holy Ship, it's the legendary @jebinc !! I didn't know he was out of prison 😳
Or someone snuck a phone in. Wonder where they hid it to sneak it in??

And in all fairness... didn't you opt out of beta because you wanted the regular branch updates 🤔 ??
Yes, last fall when I thought we were really getting ANC in the main branch, I opted out. At the time, I said I would retry Beta in about six months. But, it appears the way Telsa rolls it out these days makes it a nightmare - for even those already enrolled!

Many of the 100,000 testers are still stuck on a many months old 2022.12.x beta branch. Back in the “heyday,” when I was in, all testers saw new updates very 2-3 weeks. Sitting on a broken 2022.12 release through September, and hoping Tesla gives them 10.69.2 many months later, is kind of, well, lame….

@Ryan27 I recently switched from an iPhone 13 Pro Max to a 13 mini so an accomplice could make a rectal delivery less painful! 🤣
Great to see you here! Btw, had the Plaid in for the airbag recall and I mentioned I heard some rattling at the base of the yoke. The tech took me for a test drive so he could hear it. He entered some code that according to him adds 350 HP.
We then got on the interstate and whoa... it was faster than ever. He was driving and said as I shrieked... "that's what you get for scaring your friends and family for the last year!".. it was the first time for me in the passenger seat. He also noted the vibration from 39 mph to 49 mph. I didn't mention it, he did. He said there is no known fix for it. He did ask for my permission to floor it.. Did you know they are holding back HP? A future potential upgrade? He said it only works in service mode and you have to know the code and have some device he had attached to his hip from Tesla..

Great to see you here! Btw, had the Plaid in for the airbag recall and I mentioned I heard some rattling at the base of the yoke. The tech took me for a test drive so he could hear it. He entered some code that according to him adds 350 HP.
We then got on the interstate and whoa... it was faster than ever. He was driving and said as I shrieked... "that's what you get for scaring your friends and family for the last year!".. it was the first time for me in the passenger seat. He also noted the vibration from 39 mph to 49 mph. I didn't mention it, he did. He said there is no known fix for it. He did ask for my permission to floor it.. Did you know they are holding back HP? A future potential upgrade? He said it only works in service mode and you have to know the code and have some device he had attached to his hip from Tesla..
While I want to believe the HP boost, I think you’re pulling my middle leg! 🤣

Next, you will tell me he left the boost code active!

Anyway, hope all is well with you!

@WilliamG

The reaction to pedestrians makes me wonder if O'Dowd's smear campaign is forcing a response

Total speculation of course and likely not at all connected, maybe they're just making the system more conservative as wider release approaches
Yep - I've wondered too.

Ultra-conservative VR related slowdowns is the other side of the coin.

While I want to believe the HP boost, I think you’re pulling my middle leg! 🤣

Next, you will tell me he left the boost code active!

Anyway, hope all is well with you!

@WilliamG
Same here, hope all is well with you.
I am not pulling anything! Scouts honor 🎖.
He asked permission to turn it on. I thought he was joking.
He entered the code so quickly I couldn't see it.
As proof, I had my ball cap and sunglasses on and when he floored it to enter the interstate, they both flew off my head and into the very back of the car on top of the rear cover. I have floored it tons of times and know how tight to keep my hat on and where to rest my sunglasses so that doesn't happen when I am driving. When I replicated it after service was finished it was back to normal.

• Informative
Reactions: nvx1977
Same here, hope all is well with you.
I am not pulling anything! Scouts honor 🎖.
He asked permission to turn it on. I thought he was joking.
He entered the code so quickly I couldn't see it.
As proof, I had my ball cap and sunglasses on and when he floored it to enter the interstate, they both flew off my head and into the very back of the car on top of the rear cover. I have floored it tons of times and know how tight to keep my hat on and where to rest my sunglasses so that doesn't happen when I am driving. When I replicated it after service was finished it was back to normal.

Cool! What did he say as for the reason it existed?

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Cool! What did he say as for the reason it existed?
He really didn't, maybe something service uses for some testing. He asked if it was OK to turn on. I said I never heard of it but go for it!
He did say even with the code that it wouldn't work out of service mode and a tech wearing some device that allows it to work. He showed me the device on his belt.
It looked like an old pager from the 80s.

Reactions: jebinc

Yep my sister's cousin's uncle's cousin's sister said they're holding back at least 69hp.

Wish there was enough space and compute power on the cars that would allow a full disable of the FSD Beta firmware that would reboot the car into stable production firmware mode, like a dual-boot. There would be a lot less complaining being stuck 100% on a broken 10.12.2 build from 3 months ago.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
In the AI workshop video from a few weeks ago, I thought he said something about putting more compute resources on the parts of the scene that needed it the most
That's essentially what our eyes do. The fovea has the highest density of receptors while the periphery is much lower resolution. The key is for the computer to figure out what area is most important.