Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nah, one is just a denier that doesn't like it when someone contradicts him with evidence. I get it, it's hard being wrong!

I'll have to make some direct measurements again tomorrow when I get off work comparing the deceleration of FSD with TACC and AP. I'm not sure that it will matter but I'll post them anyway.
Let's try to understand one another, Sleepydoc. It's all cool. For the record, I have no problem with being wrong. You cannot in life be right without also accepting being wrong. Meaning objectively dealing with both. I never said you or the observations discussed here were wrong and I was certainly never contradicted with evidence, if the posts are read correctly. In fact, evidence was precisely what I requested. I did say there was subjectivity in the reported perception. That was based on historical observations of beliefs on TMC and the nature of perceived evidence. You of course should historically recall.....

I in fact live for and always request being contradicted with evidence. What in life could be better? A consorted effort to define reality. In fact, and as I stated above, I think we both got to the same anecdotal point the next day. It is still subjective perception but I most certainly would not attempt to deny the underlying reality. I believe it to be true.

You and I have not historically always communicated effectively. For that, I apologize and will try to correct those communications in future. I can, in fact, be an arrogant jerk. No denying that. But that's not the whole picture. I will try in future to paint with a broader stroke........

Haha, please tell that to the peace officer who was waiting at my local speed zone the other day. If I had let FSDb slow down at the pace it wanted to (even when I rolled it down well before the speed zone), I’d be paying a ticket.

But then again, this is a Canada, and we don’t have real crime here, so police need something to do I guess 🤷‍♂️😂
Right, your tickets may vary.......

I think the problem is FSD doesn’t look far enough ahead. When a human drives and the lane starts to widen you look 50 feet down the road and see that it’s actually becoming a turn lane so you pick the lane you want and head towards it. FSD seems to focus on the next 10-20 feet and then suddenly realizes there’s 2 lanes that it needs to decide between.
That to me is potentially the unsurmountable issue. The key to driving effectively and safely in traffic is anticipating the future. Experience and knowledge of local roads and conditions, local driving etiquette and talents, and foreseeable complications are tricky things to teach a computer. Driving is a dance you do with strangers. Learning the moves is more than just looking down the road a bit.........but the future is the future, anything is possible........

Dang I guess I didn’t shill enough to get this latest fire update
I haven't either and would be delighted to skip 69.2.3 to be an early 69.3 recipient. While some are feeling "placebo" improvements even Musk dismissed 69.2.3 as minor. And if Musk doesn't promote it even a little then it MUST be insignificant.

I believe the placebo effect is so easy with Beta. You can have one drive on 10.69.2.3 (or whatever ver) and it will be like it is from the future and version 15.x.x. Then you can repeat the same drive and it will be like you now have version 1. If you have a few drives like the former you are quick to believe it is a significant improvement and post that. Then next week you will have a few drives more like the latter and realize it wasn't a such a big or even any improvement after all.

Beta is just too dynamic to easily quantify nuance differences, though as humans we are all guilty of trying.

Why is the next big release 10.69.3 and not 10.70 (or more properly 10.14)?
Of course it can't be called 10.14 since we are past that and it would be a regression. I wouldn't be surprised if we get 10.420.x at some "haha" point before the single stack 11.x.

Screen Shot 2022-10-08 at 7.48.05 AM.png

Last edited:
Had fsd do something neat when letting it drive me back from picking up pizza. A kid was pacing in a parking lot near the road, walking toward the road and then back toward his mom sort of soldier like in a restaurant parking lot. He pivoted and was marching back to the road boldly but was still probably 10-15 feet from it and FSD saw him up ahead and predicted he might keep going into the street and slowed down significantly to prevent a kid from getting run over potentially.

After the car slowed down the kid got chewed out by his mother for freaking me out (really fsd). It was exactly what I would have done because the kid looked like he was going to potentially just March right out into the road and it’s better to slow down to have more reaction time if a kid does something stupid.

Fsd has also done quite well at giving space to pedestrians walking parallel to the road that are close to the curb or walking on the shoulder.

Had fsd do something neat when letting it drive me back from picking up pizza. A kid was pacing in a parking lot near the road, walking toward the road and then back toward his mom sort of soldier like in a restaurant parking lot. He pivoted and was marching back to the road boldly but was still probably 10-15 feet from it and FSD saw him up ahead and predicted he might keep going into the street and slowed down significantly to prevent a kid from getting run over potentially.

After the car slowed down the kid got chewed out by his mother for freaking me out (really fsd). It was exactly what I would have done because the kid looked like he was going to potentially just March right out into the road and it’s better to slow down to have more reaction time if a kid does something stupid.

Fsd has also done quite well at giving space to pedestrians walking parallel to the road that are close to the curb or walking on the shoulder.
I’ve had FSD do something similar. In my case it was clear that the man saw me and wasn’t going to come out into the street but the only reason I knew that was because our eyes met and I could deduce his intentions. FSD had no way of knowing that so it made a good decision, even if it was incorrect.

I’ve had FSD do something similar. In my case it was clear that the man saw me and wasn’t going to come out into the street but the only reason I knew that was because our eyes met and I could deduce his intentions. FSD had no way of knowing that so it made a good decision, even if it was incorrect.

I kinda prefer FSD's behavior to my own, in this regard. Even if you make eye contact, the pedestrian could trip and fall into the road. It's far from perfect now, but FSD is capable of rapidly doing the math and calculating exactly how much it needs to slow down now so it's capable of braking in time later.

I'd gladly trade a smooth drive away if it meant a dramatically reduced probability of hitting a pedestrian. Even if it slightly increased my personal probability of being rear-ended. I'm much less likely to experience an injury in a low-speed vehicle-to-vehicle collision than the pedestrian is against my car.

I kinda prefer FSD's behavior to my own, in this regard. Even if you make eye contact, the pedestrian could trip and fall into the road. It's far from perfect now, but FSD is capable of rapidly doing the math and calculating exactly how much it needs to slow down now so it's capable of braking in time later.

I'd gladly trade a smooth drive away if it meant a dramatically reduced probability of hitting a pedestrian. Even if it slightly increased my personal probability of being rear-ended. I'm much less likely to experience an injury in a low-speed vehicle-to-vehicle collision than the pedestrian is against my car.
Yeah I was impressed because the kid was making me nervous and I was poised to take over when FSD slowed down from 40 mph to about 15-20 in a few seconds as the car got closer to the kid. Forgot to mention this was on 10.69.2.3 (2022.20.18).

So far haven’t noticed a ton of improvements with taking right turns too wide and getting close to hitting other vehicles waiting to turn out of the road you’re entering but it does seem to be less crazy aggressive accelerating in my neighborhood.

As others have speculated I think the dot releases are just tweaking minor variables and nothing major was changed. Any given day FSD does the same section of road differently. My long term concern is that in order to truly work they need cameras where the left and right turn signals are - would give them incredible visibility (better than a human) when trying to do any sort of turns from stoplights and stop signs.

If we will require hardware upgrades will tesla retrofit at this point since we bought FSD or is that no longer the case?

Did my first ride on .3 and the power line shadow that is being interpreted as a lane line has not been fixed. 5th time and I've reported each incident to Tesla with a video. I make sure nobody is behind me since I have to hit the brakes hard to avoid going off the road. It's the only way to demonstrate FSD is creating a "critical safety issue" that Elon supposedly says Tesla is prioritizing. I always make sure that language is in the email subject line but doubt it means much.

No other improved behavior but the drive was short.

Reactions: ironwill96
Possible method to get beta 10.69.2.3 update sooner.
I've never seen this work in the past but after seeing the James Locke tweet below I immediately went to the vehicle software page and it actually worked. The update to 10.69.2.3 (2022.20.18) started within about 30 seconds...amazing!

View attachment 861467
It worked for me as well on our MX and our MS. Thank you James!!!😁

Was the pizza in the frunk? FSD-beta may have just been trying to protect the pizza.......Had you activated pizza mode?

I haven't either and would be delighted to skip 69.2.3 to be an early 69.3 recipient. While some are feeling "placebo" improvements even Musk dismissed 69.2.3 as minor. And if Musk doesn't promote it even a little then it MUST be insignificant.

I believe the placebo effect is so easy with Beta. You can have one drive on 10.69.2.3 (or whatever ver) and it will be like it is from the future and version 15.x.x. Then you can repeat the same drive and it will be like you now have version 1. If you have a few drives like the former you are quick to believe it is a significant improvement and post that. Then next week you will have a few drives more like the latter and realize it wasn't a such a big or even any improvement after all.

Beta is just too dynamic to easily quantify nuance differences, though as humans we are all guilty of trying.
Exactly, that "placebo effect" is the inherent subjectivity of perception, subject to myriad, multifactorial, perceptual anomalies........

Questioning perceptions presented on TMC can smash some toes, as noted above.......

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: boonedocks