Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this still disabled, either partially or in full? Also do we know if this started with 69.2.3 or was it a mid-release change?

For me it started around October 21, so mid-release. But I think we already knew Tesla had the capability to modify data collection campaigns without a full release.

So we know that pressing the button isn't sufficient for uploading a clip; but we don't know whether it's still necessary. So personally I'm going to try an experiment where I don't hit the snapshot button and see whether any clips get uploaded.

Alan,

A thought on your report:

My two cents on this: I think Telsa's slavish lane centering is not a great design anyway. The car should instead be choosing a line to drive which minimizes swerving and maximimizes turning radius, by allowing it's position within the lane width to vary. In both your case and the on ramp case, the smooth line would be straight ahead, staying with the left side lane marking. In the curvy road case, the driving line would enter and exit the curves to the outside edge of the lane, and getting close to the inside edge at the middle of the curve, to enlarge the turn radius and hence decrease the turning G forces. Like race car drivers do, I think. Slavishly trying to stay centered is a novice driver's technique which stems from focusing one's gaze too close in front of the car instead of as far down the road as possible, and letting peripheral vision do it's job of keeping one off the lane edges.

SW
This!

Well of course but thats not the primary diff between the displays. You will always have the line in FSD b
If you are driving with Beta on and the weather turns bad it can "degrade" to standard AP and the display will change to AP (no single blue line). You do get a Beep and a warning Message but if you miss them them (like heavy traffic and loud rain) you can tell by looking at the display (had it happen to me before). Single Blue line with Red curbs, still in Beta. Blue curbs the you are degraded to AP.

So having Beta on doesn't always have a Blue line since it can degrade. This will even continue into L3 FSD.

Reactions: Dogtone
Car hundreds of feet ahead nearly stopped before turning right. FSDb braked way too early and way too hard. Was delivering a plant which landed upside down with moist dirt all over. If I’d been driving I wouldn’t have changed my speed at all, the forward car was clearly going to be gone long before my arrival.

Highway NoA most often fails when when changing into the left lane but never has any difficulty finessing a change to the right.

Next version can’t come soon enough.

If you are driving with Beta on and the weather turns bad it can "degrade" to standard AP and the display will change to AP (no single blue line). You do get a Beep and a warning Message but if you miss them them (like heavy traffic and loud rain) you can tell by looking at the display (had it happen to me before). Single Blue line with Red curbs, still in Beta. Blue curbs the you are degraded to AP.

So having Beta on doesn't always have a Blue line since it can degrade. This will even continue into L3 FSD.
What point are you trying to make? It seems you are just spouting off random tidbits of information that anyone who has been using FSD beta for a while.

And btw fsd won’t downgrade on its own to standad AP. It will tell you its degraded, but will remain engaged. Only once you disengage will it revert to standard AP.

Reactions: ChaoticNeutral
The gringe is back and I cannot use the FSDb at night.

In my post #4396 I stated that I did not have issues using FSDb and probably Tesla early access team fixed it based on my emails to them about my strikes. In the meantime, my local SC changed my cabin camera two days ago on 10/28. However, this evening when I drove I started getting red hand pay attention to road warning without any prior blue alert. Applying torque and a combination of scroll wheel seemed to take care of it for few secs but the warning comes back again. I am holding the yoke and the cabin camera is supposed to be a newer one. Why is there still a problem? No clue. In my short drive I let it happen four times. I know after the fifth I will get a strike.

I have attached two short clips here. Since it's from my phone camera's angle the red hand warning is not visible.

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow
I wonder what happened to 10.69.2.4. TeslaFi still shows it as 1 pending on a Model Y, but never installed...
This particular "employee" vehicle tends to not update ASAP with it still on 10.69.2.2 (instead of 10.69.2.3). But at least for now, it's still a good indication of what's available, and because it's still showing 10.69.2.4 / 2022.20.19 as ready to install, that means there isn't a newer 10.69.3 available even to this group yet.

So this likely means for the rest of us, the next version is still maybe even a week away as FSD Beta X.0 to employees then X.1 for adjustments then X.2 for wider release has required at least a few days between each revision. And given that X = 10.69.3 is supposed to be "actually a major release" requiring even more internal testing before the wider "employee" population, Tesla probably will have more evaluation and adjustments before 10.69.3.2.

Separately, it is indeed quite odd that there was a X.4 that Tesla thought important enough to test out but not push to the rest of the FSD Beta fleet.

Not an FSD problem, but it is with FSD Beta 10.69.2.3
Yeah, unless FSD Beta highway stack is different from production Tesla Vision, this particular exit is most likely "usual behavior" anybody using Navigate on Autopilot would experience. My guess is that it's nothing map related as it clearly knew there was an upcoming exit, but the differences in road color might have caused Vision to momentarily think there's no off-ramp.

There's been some interstate interchange construction around here and more likely than not, I need to manually steer right to take the interchange as the paint and road color are somewhat confusing (no construction cones at this particular section). It's been happening for the last several versions of FSD Beta, and this construction has been going on for months. Maybe single stack will arrive sooner than construction finishes to solve these issues.

I continue to have about 2/3rd of my trips with zero disengagements.

But I also have ULT issues once in a while - neighborhood single lane (each way) ULTs @ 25 mph ! In one of the junctions, FSDb wanted to go and stand in a non-existent island (there is a small island not big enough for a car).

Ofcourse roundabouts continue to be the main reason for disengagements.

1667242119365.png

Reactions: FSDtester#1
No rhyme or reason to this, but FSDb pulled into my parking lot at work, and into one of my customers businesses this morning. It has never done this before. It would always just slow down and stop in front the address in the past. It was a spooktacular surprise.
This can greatly depend on where the Navigation end is. Not sure if you changed it or not but often if Navigating to an address like 321 Rose Ave it will stop in the road but Navigating to a business, like Home Depot and it will pull into the parking lot.

Reactions: Individoo
So, the customers business it pulled into this morning I go to every Monday morning. The nav end is always a point in the road in front of the place. This morning the nav end was in their parking lot, where you have to go down a pretty long drive way. Never showed this before. Same goes for my office building, always stops in front of the building on the road. Today, it showed nav end in the actual parking lot.