Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The cameras also see just beyond human visual spectrum, and can compensate for glare. There have been many times, driving into the sun, that my human eyes lost the lanes - they were just gone, lost in a sea of glare and mirage reflections, but the car saw them perfectly. I'm not saying it saw through the snow, but if the snow was thin enough, they may have picked up the markings through the glare that we can't see.
Maybe, when Tesla dropped radar, they added X-Ray Vision to the cameras. It worked well for Superman! ;-)

SW

The cameras also see just beyond human visual spectrum, and can compensate for glare. There have been many times, driving into the sun, that my human eyes lost the lanes - they were just gone, lost in a sea of glare and mirage reflections, but the car saw them perfectly. I'm not saying it saw through the snow, but if the snow was thin enough, they may have picked up the markings through the glare that we can't see.
Unfortunately they do not currently seem to be good enough, based on the video. 😢

Maybe it is just a coding problem, though, quickly resolved and forgotten.

Don’t feel bad - winter has arrived in MN which means FSD isn’t going to be an option for me half the time.
How about when there is moderate to heavy rain? For me more than half the time FSD gives up. Snow I get, but Tesla really needs to improve FSD's lack of reliability in the rain. Today I just decided to drive manually. It was nice for a change.

How about when there is moderate to heavy rain? For me more than half the time FSD gives up. Snow I get, but Tesla really needs to improve FSD's lack of reliability in the rain. Today I just decided to drive manually. It was nice for a change.

Have you tried turning on your defogger? More often than not, my car drives fine in the rain, but it cannot tolerate a fogged window that often accompanies the rain.

Have you tried turning on your defogger? More often than not, my car drives fine in the rain, but it cannot tolerate a fogged window that often accompanies the rain.
No, I haven't turned on the defogger but will certainly try that next time. Thanks for the suggestion. My experience is the front window doesn't typically get foggy.

No wonder I feel like a Douche when FSD is driving 🙄
It’s true man. And if you don’t, those cars behind you do when you kick on your turn signal and try to change lanes EVERY TIME you pass an exit lane on the interstate when you’re in the right lane.

I changed my cars name to Mildred because of that stupid scheit

If you just use the auto setting in the HVAC controls, the car turns on the A/C to dehumidify the cabin, even if you're calling for heat. The only time my windows fog up is because I'm being stingy with my range and leaving my heater off. The fog clears within seconds when I turn HVAC on (in auto). Never needed the window defogging (except to thaw ice/frost).

In the above scenario, the fog is on the inside of the windshield, which doesn't affect the front camera. I can't imagine FSD/AP behavior being affected by inside fog.

However in the summer, fog can form on the outside surface of the windshield if you love your A/C on high. The cold glass condenses water from the outside ambient air. Wipers fix the issue, as will driving at speed, when convective heat transfer warms the glass above the dew point, and the fog goes away by itself. That MIGHT affect AP/FSD while the fog is still present, but in my experience, fog on the exterior is pretty rare. People in Hawaii might disagree.

I've noticed this too. However, back on 69.2.4 when it was showing the brake line, I noticed that regen is very aggressive, and there were many times I thought brakes were being used but it was all regen. When the car would blend in the brakes, there was definitely more inertial change. But 69.3.1 is not showing the brake line that I can see.
Confirmed removed, definitively.

A stunning loss to the FSD testing community. Hopefully it will return.

I wish fsd b would use the center double yellow lane (suicide lane) more consistently when turning left That at it can get out of the way of the main road so cars behind can continue on and the Tesla waits in the suicide lane until oncoming traffic clears before among the left the.

Was looking at my router traffic for the Model 3 in the past week, and it seems like a giant chunk of data was sent to Tesla this past Monday morning. Given the timestamp, it corresponded to a drive about 1 mile around the neighborhood. Didn't use FSDb at all. Didn't drive much the weekend before, so I can't imagine this being something queued up. Wonder what was the trigger and what was sent...

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Are you talking about the brake indicator on the regen/energy bar? If so, i have it on 69.3.1..
As do I. I was watching it earlier today.
Hmm.

I definitely do not have it on 69.3.1! I felt the brake pedal depress significantly on a downhill where FSD loves to charge into stopped traffic, but nothing on the bar. So 100% absolute certainty it was not there.

Then again, FSD crashed hard and disabled AEB and everything else tonight. Only way it came back was to exit the vehicle. Also did this (without AEB disablement) this morning.

So maybe the bar will come back!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1