Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm.

I definitely do not have it on 69.3.1! I felt the brake pedal depress significantly on a downhill where FSD loves to charge into stopped traffic, but nothing on the bar. So 100% absolute certainty it was not there.

Then again, FSD crashed hard and disabled AEB and everything else tonight. Only way it came back was to exit the vehicle. Also did this (without AEB disablement) this morning.

So maybe the bar will come back!
Just guessing from memory but isn’t there a new setting in the car to enable/disable brake use for added regen? Seem to recall enabling this on the last update. Or I’m thinking of something else.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
If I don’t use north up, I lose all grasp of direction (my sense of direction is pretty good) and my life starts to spiral out of control.

I’ll be judgmental and declare that north up is unequivocally better. 😛 I don’t know how people stay sane otherwise.
As an airline pilot, I totally relate to this. I must know what direction I'm going at all times. North up just makes sense to me; I can't imagine not using it.

Just guessing from memory but isn’t there a new setting in the car to enable/disable brake use for added regen? Seem to recall enabling this on the last update. Or I’m thinking of something else.
There is, but only applies when regen is limited to emulate regen braking. Should be largely unrelated. But of course could be buggy. (And presumably this is why they added this breakout so you could see when brakes are being used - though it never displays human brake application). I’ll try toggling that setting (I don’t use it) to see whether it resets the display when using FSD.
Here it is, no braking shown on the bar when braking in FSD mode:

And here is the total crash and burn a couple minutes later:

As an airline pilot, I totally relate to this. I must know what direction I'm going at all times. North up just makes sense to me; I can't imagine not using it.
I can understand the other point of view - probably easier to see which way to turn next, etc, with the current travel direction up. But I just like to know which direction I am actually going to.

Last edited:
Hmm.

I definitely do not have it on 69.3.1! I felt the brake pedal depress significantly on a downhill where FSD loves to charge into stopped traffic, but nothing on the bar. So 100% absolute certainty it was not there.

Then again, FSD crashed hard and disabled AEB and everything else tonight. Only way it came back was to exit the vehicle. Also did this (without AEB disablement) this morning.

Yes I noticed the black part of the bar for friction braking is gone in 10.69.3.1

Yesterday with a light rain was making a SIMPLE/slow left turn following anther car and no other traffic. It went wide and then jerked left and lost traction. It then applied acceleration further loosing traction and I had to grab the wheel. Wasn't actually in danger of spinning out, since I was going so slow. BUT what the hell kind of ammeter/ignorant driving move is that? Only an idiot human would apply acceleration while losing traction in a turn. Of course only an idiot would have made the turn wide and jerked the wheel to lose traction in the first place. Manually drove the rest on the day.

I'm sooooo disappointed with 69.3.1. It may have one or 2 improvements but seems to be a GIGANTIC backwards step over 69.2.4. I keep a Student Driver type sticker on my car until I decided to remove it a few versions ago. May need to pull it out and put it on again. Although I'm so disappointed with 69.3.1 I may just drive from now on until we get a REAL update.

I vote 69.3.1 as the worst update to update of the year (10.4 happened last year and was the worst since it was the most dangerous).

Last edited:
2.4 and 3.1 seem nearly identical for me here in Baltimore…runs the same reds, the maps are all wrong in the same places leading to bad lane selection, it sometimes changes lanes too late to make turns and other times it changes way too early… it’s mostly amazing but I’ve been reporting these same bugs for months (well until they took away my bug reporter button).

Reactions: FSDtester#1
This surprises me. As a captain, it is far more important to see what's ahead of me and to have a consistent alignment between visual and chart contexts of what's off my port and starboard bow. I would have thought (hoped!) my airline pilot was looking at the same thing. For the most part, direction is taken care of by the chartplotter, but I have constant access to a compass to know my heading. Saying you require North-up to know the direction you're going is like saying you can only plot a course on a chart if the chart is turned to be aligned with the boat. :p

• Funny
Reactions: Pdubs
Captain I think you need to spin the map around. Is it North up or heading up? Not sure but what do you think they are using?

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 8.11.35 AM.png

Hmm.

I think your fixation on the bar is unhealthy.

I’m the reverse - I know which way I’m going and keep north ‘up’ in my head without a problem but on the map I’d rather have it ‘nose up.’ For me it requires fewer mental/visual manipulation to know which way I’m turning, especially when I’m heading south.

Captain I think you need to spin the map around. Is it North up or heading up? Not sure but what do you think they are using?

View attachment 880133

Clearly this is a limitation of vision-only and would have been avoided if the ships had radar!

I’m the reverse - I know which way I’m going and keep north ‘up’ in my head without a problem but on the map I’d rather have it ‘nose up.’ For me it requires fewer mental/visual manipulation to know which way I’m turning, especially when I’m heading south.
Plus, isn’t there a compass in the top right corner to solve this complicated issue?

Not sure but what do you think they are using?
Rum? Cocaine? Unhealthy egos? The captain of the Harpers Ferry surely is "using" something. Not only is he on the wrong side of the channel but he winds up completely out of the channel after the avoidance maneuver. This is what happens when there are no lane lines painted on the water. At least FSD would have stopped until the oncoming vehicle has passed (in the no lane line scenario). But I am fairly certain that their individual headings (direction) had absolutely nothing to do with it.

View attachment 880133

From the radio comm is sounds like LSD49 requested to pass port to port and DDG92 okayed it but LSD 49 didn't give enough room or communicate until the last moment.

I'm sooooo disappointed with 69.3.1. It may have one or 2 improvements but seems to be a GIGANTIC backwards step over 69.2.4. I keep a Student Driver type sticker on my car until I decided to remove it a few versions ago. May need to pull it out and put it on again. Although I'm so disappointed with 69.3.1 I may just drive from now on until we get a REAL update.
Weirdest thing is that variability across drivers. Not seen much difference between 69.2 and 69.3. A few regular turns are actually better in 69.3 ... less wide.

Anyway, we are snowed in. So, no FSdb this week ...

Reactions: Pdubs and Phlier