Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps wheel nags are disabled for favored people.

He got a strike so for sure they are not. One wonders if he also used a buddy device when not filming. Since the circumstances matched the pattern. And seems hard to think you would get a strike on highway with the button method assuming they haven’t defeated it (which it looks like they have not based on evidence).

Hoping that it is not a buddy device though (which presumably he would immediately figure out, unlike some users here, who oddly do not) and somehow he just gets strikes, and they’ll keep accumulating. Though maybe he’ll have them removed with V11, we’ll see (I think that is doubtful). A strikeout would arguably be a blessing to us all.

Last edited:
Hi 10.69,

If the S3XY buttons did not look different from other Tesla controls,
I would like one to open the glove box...
It seems for me, the glove box button is always under three layers
of other screens or overlays.

So far I have done okay maintaining micro torque on the yoke by hand.

I'm still struggling with the turn signals... Creaky, arthritic thumbs...
The paddle switches on my wife's 2015 Model S would be nice...

Dreaming,

Shawn

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Hi 10.69,

Dreaming,

Shawn
I simply use the voice command “open glovebox”

Works every time.

Reactions: Ramphex and aronth5
I think it applies/signals “autopilot hands on.” You would see volume adjust occurring if it did that. (Haven’t watched the videos but I assume volume adjust doesn’t happen otherwise someone would have mentioned it.)

So these SEXY buttons should be easy to defeat too, as long as they get analog torque readouts. Even easier than a buddy device! If they defeat that, then volume controls would be needed and they could apply stricter requirements to those.

Pretty sure they think it is important to keep your hands on the wheel, based on all the warning messages.
It does speed down/up very quickly. I have a set of these buttons and use them for various things, like a temp child lock override so I can allow my child to open their own door without going through menus, or turn rear climate on/off, again for my child in the back seat. Another one adjusts Regen to 25% of normal so when my wife goes from her ICE to the model 3 she doesn't have to adjust as much. They are neat devices for specific weird needs.

Anyway, the autopilot hands on button/action will set the cruise control speed down 1, then immediately set it back up. So AP (at least in US) considers that a hands on wheel action, but the car doesn't actually hit the breaks or anything when the speed is adjusted down because it adjusts back up so quickly after. If you watch the screen you can see the speed go down then up (on my screen I mean, I haven't watched Omar's video)

Hi 10.69,

Dreaming,

Shawn
Some have avoided there lack of sleekness they have mounted them on the back of the screen out of sight but easily usable

Anyway, the autopilot hands on button/action will set the cruise control speed down 1, then immediately set it back up
Thanks for info. All I had was their website which claimed an autopilot hands-on feature.

think it applies/signals “autopilot hands on.”
Clearly I was not reading what I quoted. Which said speed up/down(not volume up/down). Sigh. Though I would have still commented on the autopilot hands on claim on AO website.

Hopefully they’ll defeat speed control adjustments that happen too quickly with no change in speed, but they probably won’t. Unless someone automates that so a button doesn’t need pressing…then maybe they will. Just constant escalation.

Last edited:
Hopefully they’ll defeat speed control adjustments that happen too quickly with no change in speed, but they probably won’t. Unless someone automates that so a button doesn’t need pressing…then maybe they will. Just constant escalation.
Gonna make even more people mad when Tesla stops allowing volume/speed adjustment as substitute for wheel torque. Simple enough way to defeat the s3xy button.

• Love
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Gonna make even more people mad when Tesla stops allowing volume/speed adjustment as substitute for wheel torque. Simple enough way to defeat the s3xy button.
I agree, most of my nag responses are to adjust the volume. I mentioned it before, but with this release using the yoke/wheel to turn off is much more difficult.

He got a strike so for sure they are not. One wonders if he also used a buddy device when not filming. Since the circumstances matched the pattern. And seems hard to think you would get a strike on highway with the button method assuming they haven’t defeated it (which it looks like they have not based on evidence).

Hoping that it is not a buddy device though (which presumably he would immediately figure out, unlike some users here, who oddly do not) and somehow he just gets strikes, and they’ll keep accumulating. Though maybe he’ll have them removed with V11, we’ll see (I think that is doubtful). A strikeout would arguably be a blessing to us all.

Maybe he got one of those no-warning strikes that you don‘t think are real.

Pretty sure they think it is important to keep your hands on the wheel, based on all the warning messages.
Except they’re fine with tapping the stalk for which your hands don’t need to be on the wheel, and you can have your hands on the wheel and still get nags.

They could easily hybridize the system to require wheel torque every 30 seconds as long as you‘re looking at the road. Like I said - they went to all the trouble to develop the system and then only use it to punish people.

Maybe he got one of those no-warning strikes that you don‘t think are real.

1) I think no-warning strikes are real. They occur with nag defeat devices, that seems clear. Experiments have been done, see links above!
2) Setting aside cheat devices: It's not that I don't think no-warning strikes are real, I just am looking for video evidence of one, showing all relevant events leading up to the strike. I think you can probably agree that it is reasonable that extraordinary claims should require extraordinary evidence. I would not be surprised at all if they turned out to be real! But I definitely want to see how they happen (because that's far more interesting to me than whether or not they are real, and is likely to be much more helpful to people struggling with apparently unwarranted strikes than a pointless, unending argument about whether they happen or not).

Right now we're stuck with: Sucks for you; no idea what happened; try paying closer attention next time, and maybe contact service. (Not helpful.)

Except they’re fine with tapping the stalk for which your hands don’t need to be on the wheel, and you can have your hands on the wheel and still get nags.
These do require affirmative response though, unlike a blank stare forward. Also, you could be asleep behind the sunglasses.

They could easily hybridize the system to require wheel torque every 30 seconds as long as you‘re looking at the road.
A lot less frequent than this is required right now (I think? I guess I don't know the exact interval). Anyway, I mentioned elsewhere today that it seems reasonable that if there's good attention they could reduce wheel torque requirements. I actually think they might already be doing this, though I haven't really experimented with it. Just an impression. Could also just have been a function of software version 10.69.3.1 - not sure.

Last edited:
I have watched some of his videos but find them boring compared to others.

Is this the beginning of a back and forth guessing game or are you going to produce

the goods?

If you do we will reward you with 1000 Tmc points which have no value 😉
OK, you don't have to watch his whole video. Take my word, guess what it is, watch the video a little and verify yourself on the actual vehicle.

OK, you don't have to watch his whole video. Take my word, guess what it is, watch the video a little and verify yourself on the actual vehicle.
I tried... I have a yolk.. only thing that may be outta place for me is his wheel looks a little different... ?? Maybe the thickness of the wheel or the size of his airbag?

Edit: I think it's the fact he never touches the wheel when he engages.
Then the system doesn't have feedback to know how much torque is needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pdubs