Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes Omar is a shill but he is providing valuable information to the beta team since you know they are uploading data from high influencer YouTubers like Omar, Dirty Tesla and Chuck.
This is a good example of several problems he talks thru using FSD.

Zero interventions so these go into Dojo as examples of success to be emulated in future. Just need to keep reinforcing this behavior.

A little reality has crept into Whole Mars Catalog (Omar). I did the same thing a couple of days ago and mothballed FSD for a day. :)

Zero interventions so these go into Dojo as examples of success to be emulated in future. Just need to keep reinforcing this behavior.

But this is more illustrative. He is angry that it is more cautious ...

Reactions: FSDtester#1
But this is more illustrative. He is angry that it is more cautious ...

Makes no sense that the camera “sensitivity” inside would make the driving worse. They have nothing to do with one another.

And what does dialing up the cautiousness of the cabin camera even mean?

I think he meant that as a separate item but still sensitivity seems like it has little to do with anything.

Makes no sense that the camera “sensitivity” inside would make the driving worse. They have nothing to do with one another.

And what does dialing up the cautiousness of the cabin camera even mean?

I think he meant that as a separate item but still sensitivity seems like it has little to do with anything.
Yes - its not clear what he means.

My guess is - he is unhappy that
- FSD is more cautious (seems to be true between 69.2 and 69.3)
- Cabin camera is asking him to pay attention to the road

So, its confused at the fork ?
Yes FSD should simply stay straight and stay left of the gas station. Instead it wanders all over the intersection. Only once out of 6 attempts has it stayed straight and even then it was extremely jerky. If there was a car behind me I would have disengaged. First attempt FSD actually stopped in the red box.

Google Maps

Attachments

• Tiangle Intersections Screen Shot.png
    Tiangle Intersections Screen Shot.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 80
  • Informative
Yes FSD should simply stay straight and stay left of the gas station. Instead it wanders all over the intersection. Only once out of 6 attempts has it stayed straight and even then it was extremely jerky. If there was a car behind me I would have disengaged. First attempt FSD actually stopped in the red box.

Google Maps
Is the geometry in the map correct .... looks like a mapping issue to me.

Is the geometry in the map correct .... looks like a mapping issue to me.
Agree. The behavior happened both before and after the last map update. Currently on NA-2022.28-14046
I have a lot of mapping problems. Here is a good one that I get at a couple of intersections. FSD turns right and then wants to do a U-turn in the middle of the road. The correct route is to just turn left. I just disengage before I get to the intersections.

Today I came up to a road closure and FSD tried routing me thru a cemetary. There wasn't even a cemetary entrance where I was being rerouted from. Bizzare to say the least.
Welcome to colonial Massachusetts :)

.Map Routing Error.png

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: EVNow
What about on a long straight stretch?
My "phantom driving" always disagrees with where the car thinks it should be in the lane enough that it still doesn't produce steering wheel nags.

When I say that I "phantom drive" the thing, I *really* mean it. There is no difference in how I drive the car when any driver assist device is in use vs me manually driving.

Honestly, I'd like the option of having a second set of driving controls in the passenger seat so I can apply this "phantom driving" technique when my wife is driving. Would be worth a bunch of points on my blood pressure and hair follicle degradation rate.

I'm feeling lazy right now, so I can't be arsed to actually find and quote the post, but someone mentioned that the infrared lights the cabin camera uses for night time viewing of where your looking can penetrate sun glasses.

That very well may be, but has anyone checked to see if the IR lights are actually used during the day time, or do they only come on when the car goes into night mode operation?

It's a simple test... just take a picture of the cabin camera during daylight, but it's dark where I'm at right now... ;)

That very well may be, but has anyone checked to see if the IR lights are actually used during the day time, or do they only come on when the car goes into night mode operation?

Videos I have seen show in daytime they are on.

I can't be arsed to
Clever and clearly intentional use of this verb.

Yet another example of the messed up UI!
In an effort to not stir the pot, I've avoided stating my opinion on the now not-so-new UI redesign, but just between me, you, and the thousands of people on this board, I freaking hate it.

I'm not gonna be dragged into a lengthy debate on it, though, so I'll just drop that little bomb in the pot and watch while I wriggle my hands over the cauldron and giggle.

He's using his knee to provide resistance.
Dan is 100% correct.. I finally had the time to watch some videos. His left knee is easily visible moving up and down. He barely moves his left knee when the steering wheel is moving to provide resistance. Hence the reason you dont see nags in his newer videos. Great call @Daniel in SD .
While this method can keep nags from happening, which I guess he is trying to make beta look easier to use than it actually is. Why anywhere, especially in the super crowded streets is he doing this? If he is trying to show off?

This is dumb, and even crazier for yolk drivers.

People watching these videos may try to emulate this behavior are definitely going to have a collision 💥. He is probably only a few drives away from having a collision himself.

It's not just your life, what about everybody else?

I will never watch another video of his. This behavior is exactly what will keep the roads less safe and make it more difficult whenTesla applies for level 3, 4 etc. from getting regulatory approval.

I had second thoughts about posting this, but figured that after realizing Dan was right, someone who reads this thread may try this themselves. Don't be that person.

Please 🙏.

Dan is 100% correct.. I finally had the time to watch some videos. His left knee is easily visible moving up and down. He barely moves his left knee when the steering wheel is moving to provide resistance. Hence the reason you dont see nags in his newer videos
Might very well be happening, but this is not easier than just holding the wheel. I feel like it would even be harder to avoid nags!

Anyway it’s not one simple trick, it has nothing to do with calibration, and it’s not very safe, as you say.

Dan is 100% correct.. I finally had the time to watch some videos. His left knee is easily visible moving up and down. He barely moves his left knee when the steering wheel is moving to provide resistance. Hence the reason you dont see nags in his newer videos. Great call @Daniel in SD .
While this method can keep nags from happening, which I guess he is trying to make beta look easier to use than it actually is. Why anywhere, especially in the super crowded streets is he doing this? If he is trying to show off?

People watching these videos may try to emulate this behavior are definitely going to have a collision 💥. He is probably only a few drives away from having a collision himself.

I will never watch another video of his. This behavior is exactly what will keep the roads less safe and make it more difficult whenTesla applies for level 3, 4 etc. from getting regulatory approval.

I had second thoughts about posting this, but figured that after realizing Dan was right, someone who reads this thread may try this themselves. Don't be that person.

Please 🙏.

Interesting, I had concluded the opposite, noting that his left leg didn't move much and jiggled freely while going over bumps. Can you point me to some timestamps where he's actively lifting his leg to ward off a potential nag? I just remember that on FSDb mode, the nags can come every 10 sec if there's no torque detected, which means he's using his leg every 10 sec. I def didn't see that.

Anyway, this is all very academic. It's quite stupid to cancel a nag with your leg when you could do the same with your hand, which is closer to what you're supposed to be doing anyway. Not much explanation except to showboat for the camera. I can't imagine many people using their leg to cancel nags from a purely practical perspective. It's like using your elbow to do the same. Look ma, no hands!

Please 🙏.
Are you serious?

Using his knee?

That is what @KLam was wanting everyone to watch that video for?

As if that was some kind of life changing way to avoid "hands on the wheel" Just wow.... 🤦‍♂️