Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just as obfuscation creates its own wind
I do create my own wind, but not through obfuscation.

For the record I still think he is using a button for his videos. It would be too difficult I think to avoid torque reminders completely otherwise.

Playing around with the nags these days with extremely light steering input (just resting hands at 9 and 3 with no torque). There are very very few nags when paying attention to the road especially on surface streets. But so far, I have not figured out the pattern (if any).

I wonder if this is one of the things Tesla provides a hook for to adjust on the fly. I am not saying it has changed over time on this version though. Just don’t know.

It would be pretty cool if the more nags you got the more nagging it did. A nag singularity.

Last edited:
How often do you need to access the glovebox (serious question). I find I open mine a couple times a year - to put in the new registration, safety inspection result, and insurance cards. Access is two taps: the car icon, then the glovebox button. They are 2 taps I don't mind doing because I've never needed access to the glove box while driving. That's why I'm curious about your use case. It sounds like you use yours often?
Dude........where do you put your gloves?

My biggest complaint about FSDb, having to beat off my yoke the entire trip just so it doesn’t complain. Constant game of whack-a-mole on the super straight and smooth roads in Florida gets old quick.
And a constant distraction from safe driving. No matter how you quell the nags.........a regulatory deflection based on nothing at all and absurd by any known standards........

Nope - present without the braking option enabled.

Probably depends on the vehicle. It’s a bug so it may depend on the car (you do not have a Model 3 as I recall); it is unintended behavior, after all. On my car it definitely goes away when I turn off that option, at least under some conditions (all the ones I have tested). No question about it. Toggled it twice and have had it disappear twice.

Just a bug; no need to spend much time figuring it out. (Other than figuring out the workaround.)

Last edited:
It would be pretty cool if the more nags you got the more nagging it did. A nag singularity.
You mean like a wife, right?

Just joking, dear.........no seriously, really, just joking........

Ok, if I don't post again by tomorrow........ please, send someone over for a welfare check......ouch, that hurts......stop that........

No, it just means it's time for speculative complaints about the next update. I may not even update, it's just gonna suck anyway, why even bother? Said Marvin......
Not to worry the next update will either be: fabulous, mind blowing, incredible, ginormous or just ok. Take you pick of one, except the last choice isn't allowed!

Not to worry the next update will either be: fabulous, mind blowing, incredible, ginormous or just ok. Take you pick of one, except the last choice isn't allowed!
I'll take mind-blowing for $15,000........

He blew his mind out in a car.............he didn't notice that the lights had changed...........what new songs?

Last edited:
I do create my own wind, but not through obfuscation.

For the record I still think he is using a button for his videos. It would be too difficult I think to avoid torque reminders completely otherwise.

Playing around with the nags these days with extremely light steering input (just resting hands at 9 and 3 with no torque). There are very very few nags when paying attention to the road especially on surface streets. But so far, I have not figured out the pattern (if any).

I wonder if this is one of the things Tesla provides a hook for to adjust on the fly. I am not saying it has changed over time on this version though. Just don’t know.

Right, so here is what I understand about the new no-warning disconnects/strikes. This is an issue that occurs when on standard AP or FSDb/NOA and recent software updates. Meaning it occurs to those using FSDb/NOA and AP without FSD. I assume the same is true with FSD/NOA without beta? Report by the person experiencing this on standard AP without FSD stated it showed up on the previous update but disappeared with the last. Autopilot buddy code is changed? So this seems to only be related to the highway software, not city FSDb.

Last edited:
We do know this is consistent for those using a weight as a nag deflector and that after 10 minutes the disconnect occurs without warning. It may occur under other yet-defined circumstances. With a weight the disconnect is not deflected using control knobs. The time can, however, be reset to zero by a simple shake of the wheel at any time during those 10 minutes. So yet another arbitrary distraction having nothing to do with "safety". All from a distraction for regulators with no basis in anything more than that.

Last edited:
For those using a weight as a nag deflector, which of course no one has ever advocated, the only difference now is that now you must remember to shake the wheel within 10 minutes when using AP/NOA. Previously there was a warning before that disconnect, now there is not.

As for me, I have bilateral wireless upper extremity prosthesis, both with inherent torque equalizers. So don't even talk to me about hands/hands on wheels, sensitive subject.

• Funny
Reactions: Pdubs
As for me, I have bilateral wireless upper extremity prosthesis, both with inherent torque equalizers. So don't even talk to me about hands/hands on wheels, sensitive subject.
Ok, ok........confessions clean the soul.........childhood family trauma.........Freddy the 13th was my older brother.......wow, that feels better already.......

Last edited: