Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Usually my first drive on a new release is poor but this time my first drive surprised me on how well it went,
Every Thursday I have the same 75 miles drive on a combination of highway & city/streets. Will be interesting to see if the return trip in the dark goes just as well. Seemed like FSD made decisions quicker avoiding using the accelerator to move the car thru turns/intersections.

car now turns on the blinkers when it moves into a dedicated turn lane. nice. It used to use the signal based on distance, so if it was a long turn lane, it'd move over without signaling, and then turn on the blinkers at some distance from the light. Now it signals, moves into the turn lane, shuts off the blinker, travels a bit, then turns on the blinker like it used to do.

I did encounter some very jerky left turns on unmarked roads where it used to be fine.

car now turns on the blinkers when it moves into a dedicated turn lane. nice. It used to use the signal based on distance, so if it was a long turn lane, it'd move over without signaling, and then turn on the blinkers at some distance from the light. Now it signals, moves into the turn lane, shuts off the blinker, travels a bit, then turns on the blinker like it used to do.

I did encounter some very jerky left turns on unmarked roads where it used to be fine.
This is not consistent though, sometimes it signals and turns into the turn lane, sometimes it does not signal until it nears the turn, sometimes it speeds up slightly (2-3 mph) turns, slows down, and signals before making the turn

Installed 10.69.25 this morning. Each update since I got the car has been a little worse. This one is different. It is a LOT worse.
Used to enjoy listening to USB music. Controls are now gone. Completely freaking gone! Can't go forward or back a track - not much of a problem. Can't shut it off. No start, pause or off. Can't turn it off??????

It attempted to blow through a 4-way stop sign intersection at 75 mph. Had to brake hard enough to slide the last 20 feet to the stop sign. Dinged me for hard braking, lowered my safety score from 100 and raised my insurance premium!

Continues to randomly, for no apparent reason, try to whip over into the left oncoming traffic lane on a 2 lane road, even if there is an oncoming car. Not much satisfaction in the addition of a light show, fart button on my mobile app and being able to remotely watch the dog.

Time to disable what driver assist "features" I can defeat, before it creates a situation I can't get out of in time. Perhaps I can disable enough of the crap to make it as pleasant to drive as my 1937 Chevy. On the good side, I won't have to shift gears. I was hoping for more improvements than that in the last 85 years.

• Love
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Installed 10.69.25 this morning. Each update since I got the car has been a little worse. This one is different. It is a LOT worse.
Used to enjoy listening to USB music. Controls are now gone. Completely freaking gone! Can't go forward or back a track - not much of a problem. Can't shut it off. No start, pause or off. Can't turn it off??????

It attempted to blow through a 4-way stop sign intersection at 75 mph. Had to brake hard enough to slide the last 20 feet to the stop sign. Dinged me for hard braking, lowered my safety score from 100 and raised my insurance premium!

Continues to randomly, for no apparent reason, try to whip over into the left oncoming traffic lane on a 2 lane road, even if there is an oncoming car. Not much satisfaction in the addition of a light show, fart button on my mobile app and being able to remotely watch the dog.

Time to disable what driver assist "features" I can defeat, before it creates a situation I can't get out of in time. Perhaps I can disable enough of the crap to make it as pleasant to drive as my 1937 Chevy. On the good side, I won't have to shift gears. I was hoping for more improvements than that in the last 85 years.

check and see if you have a "music note" icon on the bottom row. that brings up controls under the FSD visualization.

So you downloaded a new version of FSDb which is worse than all previous versions Yet you still have a safety score? Ok.

Nope, city streets. You know, the city streets with speed limits of 75mph that also have 4-way stops. Why am I smelling day-old tuna?
In Texas, a 2-lane state highway or Farm-to-Market road could have 70-75 mph speed limit with a stop sign. But, I would expect NOA to be active, not FSDb. And later versions of NOA do have a tendency to wander in the lane when used on a high-speed 2-lane road.

What impressed me was getting a Tesla, with ABS, to slide 20 ft.

Have they let any new beta users in? I'm currently on 2022.44.2. I'm on a Model Y. I waited on 2022.40.4.2 for quite a while, but just decided to install 2022.44.2 after having waited at least 2 weeks with it.
No new betas yet on 2022.44.25.5 . I'm watching that for a non beta-yet friend. Is it possible that since non-betas already had the Christmas version available, Tesla is giving this to beta testers only? Looks like they are around 25% through the beta fleet, so we may know soon...

Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 10.21.13 AM.png

Reactions: FSDtester#1
No new betas yet on 2022.44.25.5 . I'm watching that for a non beta-yet friend. Is it possible that since non-betas already had the Christmas version available, Tesla is giving this to beta testers only? Looks like they are around 25% through the beta fleet, so we may know soon...

View attachment 887942
New beta users might not get this one, since they probably just got the non beta update... just a guess, but likely they won't get it until the rest of us get the next release

• Disagree
Reactions: lUtriaNt
So you downloaded a new version of FSDb which is worse than all previous versions Yet you still have a safety score? Ok.
I thought safety score didn't ding you for events just after disengagement. Or it that different if you have Tesla insurance? Makes me wonder about the wisdom of buying insurance from the manufacturer....

Dark conspiracy theory joke here: On Twitter, Elon can only ban you from Twitter. Maybe that attempted stop-sign run is the Tesla version of getting "banned permanently."

I would open a service request, they can review what happened potentially.
You might have a serious software or hardware problem

Reactions: Phlier and jebinc