Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else ready for 10.69.3 so we can talk about something other than roundabouts and that pedestrian median situation?
It's never too early to start complaining about future software. 2022.20.19 is this afternoon showing up on Stats.........it's only a bug fix.........it's not 69.3.........it's worse than the devil in blue with a tattoo of the pope and a lust for phantom barking........it's blah blah blah.........

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Are you using NOA at toll booths or FSD ?

Most of my driving is suburban shopping / dropping kids of etc, since I WFH.
FSD

only had the issue the one time. Has run it fine ever since.

driven several new routes with out issue. After today I’ll have driven almost 1000 miles this week. One big fail turning left in two lane turn the car suddenly vered right into the car to my right. Almost hit him. It was like the car lost track of the lines and tried to center between the two lines.

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow
FSD

driven several new routes with out issue. After today I’ll have driven almost 1000 miles this week. One big fail turning left in two lane turn the car suddenly vered right into the car to my right. Almost hit him. It was like the car lost track of the lines and tried to center between the two lines.
I have a turn nearby where this happens nearly every time. I think it’s the same, it loses track of the centerline.

Its actually about time we spend considerable amount of time talking about roundabouts.

CULT is so last release ...
Agreed - like I’ve said before, FSD still has problems with unprotected RIGHT turns. This includes roundabouts but far more common are yield lanes at stoplights. (Functionally they’re the same as a single lane roundabout.)

Maybe I should start making you tube videos about them.

Agreed - like I’ve said before, FSD still has problems with unprotected RIGHT turns. This includes roundabouts but far more common are yield lanes at stoplights. (Functionally they’re the same as a single lane roundabout.)
Yes! Why not both?

Being able to turn left and right would be pretty great.

Loaded with phantom braking, car goes into bus lane, incorrect lane choices, had to intervene on the u-turn, jerky turns, use of brakes instead of regen only, hesitant to change lanes, incorrect visualizations of cones, can't navigate cone lane without massive braking, can't handle lane split and probably freaked out traffic behind him, had to cancel navigation because he knew the car would perform an illegal maneuver, failed u-turns repeatedly.

Utter and complete failure. Can't believe this software is being allowed on the road in its current state, which hasn't seen much improvement in years. Another excellent video highlighting why this software needs to be recalled immediately, for public safety.
Ummm... I've seen loads of improvements. Besides, you do know it's beta, right? Oh, and using it is voluntary! People who do use it are helping to speed further improvements.

This is very different from traditional systems that can be purely developed in-house and then the production version is reased to the market. Real-world experience and feedback are required for FSD's development.

Last edited:
Reactions: PACEMD
66%; solved. (4/6, was not counting carefully though.) Time to move on to roundabouts. CULT is so last release.
All this talk of roundabouts and right turns makes me scared there will be a regression on left turns. So close to 90% (one nine!) now. I'm hoping the fact the that Chuck hasn't seen any more testing means they finally figured out how to simulate the turn and they'll be able to get it over the hump and avoid regressions. Fingers crossed.

Ummm... I've seen loads of improvements. Besides, you do know it's beta, right? Oh, and using it is voluntary! People who do use it are helping to speed further improvements.

This is very different from traditional systems that are purely developed in-house and then the production version is reased to the market. Real-world experience and feedback are needed for FSD's development.
So we're all guinea pigs testing quarter-baked software that we paid $15k for, hoping it won't run over children or drive us off a cliff? All with hardware constantly being removed against our will, and cameras so crappy that my 1990s Palm Pilot could beat them.

Agreed - like I’ve said before, FSD still has problems with unprotected RIGHT turns.
Ever since the 69 release, it also has problems slowing at roads that gently curve off the main road when it never slowed before. A curve so gentle you have to manually turn the indicator off when driving normally.

This slowing leaves the end of your car hanging in the through lane much longer than it should.

Intersection, traveling south on a 45mph road, turning right onto a 55mph road. You can see it is an easy turn with no drop in mph required:

53-795.jpg

Car slows to 18, 12, 9mph - slow enough that other drivers honk.

18-to-12-to-9mph.jpg

I report this every time it happens because it is a hazard.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Ever since the 69 release, it also has problems slowing at roads that gently curve off the main road when it never slowed before. This slowing leaves the end of your car hanging in the through lane much longer than it should.

Intersection, traveling south on a 45mph road, turning right onto a 55mph road. You can see it is an easy turn with no drop in mph required:

View attachment 866767

Car slows to 18, 12, 9mph - slow enough that other drivers honk.

View attachment 866768

Yet another example of why this car needs to be recalled off the roads. Dangerous maneuvers that cause accidents and force other cars to panic. Yet they keep removing features from the car - features we paid for! And this is the result.

FSD

You should keep a log to check what your disengagement rate is. I guess it will be better than mine ...

More perfect examples of how dangerous this toy car is. Jerky turns, poor acceleration, idiotic maneuvers that force other drivers to take action to avoid collisions. Complete and total failure. Good thing they've only spent 10 years on this with no improvement at all, but keep raising prices.

Thanks for making it abundantly clear that you're running a satire account, and every post you've ever made and ever will make cannot be taken seriously.

I don't find your dry humor amusing, but hopefully some others on this forum are entertained by your whimsical posts.

Edit: Wait, I take it from the disagree that you're NOT joking that you think there's been zero progress? That's not funny, that's just sad.

Last edited:
Definitely not. Roundabouts are simply not handled properly. I get a lot of failures with roundabouts, as I keep writing.

69.x is more about turnings (unprotected & protected) rather than roundabouts. They need to spend a considerable amount of time to address roundabout specific issues.
Elon said the team was "going deep" and "perfecting roundabouts." I think that was 10.12 and 10.13 releases.

But I agree. Roundabouts aren't good for me either. This camera based system seems to struggle with perpendicular vehicle tracking so we'll see how much success is possible. It could be that system latency makes a clean, tight, human-like roundabout merge impossible.

So we're all guinea pigs testing quarter-baked software that we paid $15k for, hoping it won't run over children or drive us off a cliff? All with hardware constantly being removed against our will, and cameras so crappy that my 1990s Palm Pilot could beat them.
You don't seem to grasp the meaning or purpose of beta software. That's OK. You don't have to use it whether you understand or not. Chose appropriately for yourself.

FSD is extremely difficult to solve. No need to tear down the real progress being made.

Regarding safety concerns: FSDb users are responsible. It's clearly stated by the system, and FSDb users must agree to the beta terms to test it. Yes, test it and provide feedback. Remember it's beta. This includes keeping hands on wheel, being attentive, and being ready to take over at all times.

Therefore, your driving with FSDb should be no less safe than when you're driving since you're supposed to intervene. That's kinda the point!

If you don't like that, you just shouldn't be using it. Don't worry though, it'll continue to improve without you. At some point it'll be out of beta and ready for you.

More perfect examples of how dangerous this toy car is. Jerky turns, poor acceleration, idiotic maneuvers that force other drivers to take action to avoid collisions. Complete and total failure. Good thing they've only spent 10 years on this with no improvement at all, but keep raising prices.

IMO, FSD Beta still needs a lot of work. FSD Beta can drive really badly. I definitely experience the jerky turns, poor acceleration, phantom braking, and bad maneuvers. But to say that there's been no improvement at all in 10 years is not fair or correct. There's definitely been a lot progress since AP1 and FSD Beta has improved since it was first released. if you recall when FSD Beta was first released, it was even worse. It would drive into static objects, drive into incoming traffic etc... A lot of those errors have been fixed. FSD Beta is more reliable now. And Tesla has implemented new architecture like occupancy networks that have helped the car avoid obstacles better. So there has been progress. But it does need a lot more improvement before it is even close to L4.