Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This update truly is unfortunate. I can no longer lock my car. Get it to honk when I “lock” it with key card or phone (no mirror fold though). Turn off Bluetooth on phone. Walk up to the car, unlocks fine. Mirrors don’t fold (how is this controlled, I could not find it - always been automatic for me). Turned off Sentry. Maybe if it goes to sleep all will be well.

This evening I will need my car to lock.

Maybe I will do the HV disconnect. Would like to do that at home though.

Last edited:
Second daytime drive on 3.1
Edited quote so I can say Ditto
First drive on 69.3.1 was mixed.
  • Lost my "home" setting so car was locked in my garage. Just had to re-establish "home" in navigation screen.
  • Several unexpected swerves toward curbs on turns.
  • Blinkers go on when they shouldn't but that has become standard behavior.
  • A few smoother turns
Puts left wheels on or over midline on unmarked roads and then has to slow down while correcting to the right for oncoming traffic only to rapidly move back left while passing the oncoming vehicle.
Biggest source of disengagements: apparent move into cross traffic--I doubt it would actually go far but creeping forward instead of waiting is giving the wrong signals--this is not new with this release.

Question: I put several waypoints to make a circuitous route. As I arrived at each one the car slowed almost to a stop and the dash message said to apply the accelerator to continue but the car would just try to reroute back to that waypoint instead of moving to the next one. Am I doing something wrong? I tried letting it fully stop once but got the same behavior.

Second daytime drive on 3.1
Edited quote so I can say Ditto

Puts left wheels on or over midline on unmarked roads and then has to slow down while correcting to the right for oncoming traffic only to rapidly move back left while passing the oncoming vehicle.
Biggest source of disengagements: apparent move into cross traffic--I doubt it would actually go far but creeping forward instead of waiting is giving the wrong signals--this is not new with this release.

Question: I put several waypoints to make a circuitous route. As I arrived at each one the car slowed almost to a stop and the dash message said to apply the accelerator to continue but the car would just try to reroute back to that waypoint instead of moving to the next one. Am I doing something wrong? I tried letting it fully stop once but got the same behavior.
that's how waypoints work. Sadly the nav treats waypoints as stopping points rather than just to let you choose an alternate route.
2022.36.x was supposed to have alternate routes you could choose, but it seems hit or miss to actually get that.
Having read all the initial reviews I'm not bothering with a specific test drive just to check what has been messed up. I'll give it a try when I need to go somewhere.

This update truly is unfortunate. I can no longer lock my car. Get it to honk when I “lock” it with key card or phone (no mirror fold though). Turn off Bluetooth on phone. Walk up to the car, unlocks fine. Mirrors don’t fold (how is this controlled, I could not find it - always been automatic for me). Turned off Sentry. Maybe if it goes to sleep all will be well.

This evening I will need my car to lock.

Maybe I will do the HV disconnect. Would like to do that at home though.
Interesting. I was showing my coworkers a lightshow at work yesterday and then I walked away at the end assuming it would auto lock. Few minutes later I get a notification from my phone that the doors were unlocked, figured it was due to the lightshow, but maybe it's from this beta release? I did just walk out to my garage to check my car just now, and it is locked so maybe intermittent bug?

New beta tester here. I have a 1 mile commute to the office, all on quiet residential streets with a couple of stop signs. It literally takes 5 minutes. Every single trip the auto pilot commits at least FIVE safety score dings. I would have had a safety score of zero if I drove like it does. At least I get a good laugh every trip to/from the office.

Last edited:
New beta testor here. I have a 1 mile commute to the office, all on quiet residential streets with a couple of stop signs. It literally takes 5 minutes. Every single trip the auto pilot commits at least FIVE safety score dings. I would have had a safety score of zero if I drove like it does. At least I get a good laugh every trip to/from the office.
Do you still have safety score? I dont have one since moving to beta. I was under the impression AP doesnt count towards SS?

On that note, I'm also new to beta, where does one see strike count?

Just had a drive after car wash and am not able to engage TACC or FSD at all - though the FSD visuals are displayed. Was in FSD before the car wash fine. Tried doing steering wheel button reboot and it has not fixed the problem.
I assume it is DI_a175?

Anyway hopefully it clears up for you. You should see if your car locks, lol.

Guess this one was only half-baked. When the cat is away…

Do you still have safety score? I dont have one since moving to beta. I was under the impression AP doesnt count towards SS?

On that note, I'm also new to beta, where does one see strike count?
No, the safety score no longer displays. The car just brakes too hard, and too much g-force on turns. I've done this drive so many times that I can feel when the forces are too high and would result in a ding.

I got 3.1 today.

Some changes I noticed on my 8 mile drive:

GOOD
- The side camera view is now higher up on the screen, right below the speed to make it easier to see and it does not block the FSD visualizations.
- The bug where the car would not move over to the left turn lane to make a left turn is fixed. The car now moves over to the left turn lane right away like it used to do on previous versions.

BAD
- It made a left turn at a major intersection too sharp and almost went into the incoming lane before self-correcting at the last minute when it almost hit the vehicle.
- It made a right turn too sharp too before self-correcting. So the turn was very wobbly.
- Disengaged to move over to the left lane due to a police car on the right shoulder.

MISC
- The camera icon to take snapshots is gone.

I've never used a weight, and I've gotten the red wheel of death multiple random times while I and the car were doing everything right, and no warning about attentiveness. None of these resulted in a strike.
Sometimes the software just crashes and sometimes the software finds itself in a situation it cannot handle. These may give you a RHOD. Sometimes you can reenable immediately, sometimes it takes a while.

If you lose the FSD visualizations for a while, then the software crashed and had to reset itself.

I got 3.1 today.

Some changes I noticed on my 8 mile drive:

GOOD
- The side camera view is now higher up on the screen, right below the speed to make it easier to see and it does not block the FSD visualizations.
- The bug where the car would not move over to the left turn lane to make a left turn is fixed. The car now moves over to the left turn lane right away like it used to do on previous versions.

BAD
- It made a left turn at a major intersection too sharp and almost went into the incoming lane before self-correcting at the last minute when it almost hit the vehicle.
- It made a right turn too sharp too before self-correcting. So the turn was very wobbly.
- Disengaged to move over to the left lane due to a police car on the right shoulder.

MISC
- The camera icon to take snapshots is gone.
I saw the other posts about the camera icon being gone, it has on my car as well.
However, the release notes say to use it to send snapshots for feedback.

I would say it's about 25% better for me in my area of LA than 10.69.2.4

New quirk of pulling too far into the intersection on unprotected left turn and having to go diagonally so it misses the curb.
Other new quirk of turning on even more unnecessary turn signals for curvy 2 lane roads that didn't exist before, no kidding the blinker came on probably 7-9 times in under a minute.
Snapshot is missing for me now as well, RIP.

While driving through Mt Pleasant, TX today with 10.69.3.1 FSDb, the car attempted to change to the left lane while a pickup truck was already in the lane! I disconnected immediately so don't know if the car would have corrected, but it was definitely about to cross the lane marking. In a year of FSD testing, this is the first time the car made this type of error.

Curious because, if anything, the last couple versions act overly cautious and frequently abort lane changes even when everything is clear. Seems that the new occupancy network may be have thresholds set a bit too low, resulting in false positives.

Only a couple of short drives on a normal route but anecdotally LESS that impressed. A couple of times it committed some boneheaded mistake that haven't been a problem for a release to MANY releases ago. Even had it do a TRUE new bonehead. In a neighborhood there is an island and it always must figure out if it is a Circle or an Island (way does it have to be the first time EVERY time for probably a 1000x? :oops: 🤣 ). It always figures it out (but does turn on the signal). However today on the return it decided it was a Traffic Circle and turns left and then tried to turn back to the right. BONEHEAD💀