Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just did a short drive at night on 69.3.1. So far, I think the vehicle visualizations are more sloppy (cars dancing around, driving onto nondrivable space). The driving performance is definitely smoother in many cases, but the car is also too aggressive with creeping. It's difficult for me to trust that the car is waiting vs committing at the wrong time.
Similar experience. Drives too close to centerline and also almost curbed my wheels a few times on turns - would have had I not disengaged.

First time back on FSDb since last year. Not impressed at all. Sorry. May opt out again for .40 and Apple Music/not delayed v11 and or holiday production firmware. To leave so many still on .20 FSD should be a felony. @WilliamG

I just did a short drive at night on 69.3.1. So far, I think the vehicle visualizations are more sloppy (cars dancing around, driving onto nondrivable space). The driving performance is definitely smoother in many cases, but the car is also too aggressive with creeping. It's difficult for me to trust that the car is waiting vs committing at the wrong time.
We again come back to the question of - does FSDb get better after a couple of days. Anecdotally the evidence is strong.

BTW, I wonder - given the long time for download/install - does 69.3 have V11 code in "shadow mode" ? I wonder whether @verygreen has analyzed this release.

Tesla needs to learn to give better feedback...if they know the process pauses for hours on end at standard places like 50% they need to update the display to say so and give feedback to the user that something normal is happening.
This is the first time I've ever seen a "pause" affect so many people so I'll cut Tesla some slack but your point is valid. I also had the delay (2+ hours) but it's the first time I've ever noticed it happen in almost 6 years of ownership,

Reactions: FSDtester#1
This is the first time I've ever seen a "pause" affect so many people so I'll cut Tesla some slack but your point is valid. I also had the delay (2+ hours) but it's the first time I've ever noticed it happen in almost 6 years of ownership,
Many recent releases featured this 50% pause but never this long. It makes people worry their download is messed up, so they do stupid stuff like reset the computer. Tesla needs to provide feedback that the pause is normal. Someone tweet this to Elon plz.

Reactions: Oil Freedom
Well, FWIW, the only time I've seen it disengage with a large red wheel, zero warnings prior, and AP disabled for the rest of the drive is with the introduction of 36.X and some code that appears to be wheel weight detection.
I've never used a weight, and I've gotten the red wheel of death multiple random times while I and the car were doing everything right, and no warning about attentiveness. None of these resulted in a strike.

My update froze at 50% and was like that for the last 12 hours overnight. I did the two button steering wheel reset and it’s still stuck. Any suggestions on what I should try?
While my update worked after 2 to 3 hours. My software screen is now frozen and will no longer query for an additional update. It is stuck at 4 pm yesterday.
Tried multiple reboots to no avail.

First few drives impression:
* 69.3.1 boots up a lot faster than previous versions. Maybe this is just because the car was freshly rebooted but I was able to activate FSDb much sooner than before.
* At *some* empty 4-way stops it actually starts up with the urgency I expect. But then again it crawled through most of the other intersections
* It decided a parked Volvo with the wheels turned towards the street was actually moving just as I was passing it, resulting in a violent jerk to the left, into the path of an oncoming car. I’m sure they were extremely confused.
* Felt somewhat smoother overall, but could be placebo effect

Overall definitely not a set-it-and-watch release. Don’t think the wide release next month will be either.

How big is the update? How much bandwidth does Tesla servers have? How many people are trying to update at the same time?

Be patient people 🙂
it doesn't seem any larger than the earlier releases. My car downloaded about 400Mb a couple of hours ago, I only only realized this later and checked the app. App has been on 50% downloading for two hours now.
Don't remember seeing such a long delay during the download portion, that is usually fast.
checking my network logs, it downloaded the initial portion then just disconnected from the wifi and only reconnected when I opened the app.

Yes, I’m prepared to be disappointed.

To answer your question, I think this release was to keep us from going nuts waiting on V11.

This is the worst update I’ve ever done in all my years

Yea, I'm not digging this release
I am not digging it either. Maybe next update. I could reinstall the software. Maybe later when I am at home. I was not prepared to be quite this disappointed. At least I have my repeater cams in the right place now.

On the upside, there will be no complaints here from me about this update.

37F0B77F-D97B-4E27-AC57-D6C1316A9A6D.jpeg

Last edited:
While my update worked after 2 to 3 hours. My software screen is now frozen and will no longer query for an additional update. It is stuck at 4 pm yesterday.
Tried multiple reboots to no avail.
Working as intended. It will now only check for updates once per 24 hours. So, you will be able to check again after 4PM today. (Welcome to the "current" release code, and everything it brings.)

Just like the long "pause" at the 50% downloaded point, is normal for the current code branch.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: FSDtester#1