Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My issues seem solved. Must have been a door sensor issue: Obviously the screen showed nothing (that would be obvious). But went around and open and closed every door (there was nothing obstructing them as far as I could tell - maybe the frunk was in its closed but not closed state, but I had already done that one a couple times…?) and now all is well. And the car locks. It all makes sense.

Not very exciting.

• Informative
Reactions: GranularHail
More optimistic than me. I believe we will get an L3 system (and I will be happy) in a year to early 24 but I don't believe our current cars will ever achieve L4/L5. Just don't think we have the hardware for it.

I agree and am beginning to wonder if the AI team needs better leadership. Software releases feel like the inmates are running the asylum.

My issues seem solved. Must have been a door sensor issue: Obviously the screen showed nothing (that would be obvious). But went around and open and closed every door (there was nothing obstructing them as far as I could tell - maybe the frunk was in its closed but not closed state, but I had already done that one a couple times…?) and now all is well. And the car locks. It all makes sense.

Not very exciting.
Nov 18, get it fixed NOW!

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Couple longer drives later, couple more observations:
* Skittish in the right lane if there are parked cars to the side; frequently wants to change lanes to avoid obstruction. Guessing the occupancy network extends the voxels for the parked cars too far into the road or something
* For the same reason, driving on unmarked roads is sketchier than before, because it wants to swing out into the middle of the road, or all the way over into the empty spaces between parked cars

I've noticed a couple of new undocumented features in 10.69.3.1 today. Anyone else notice these?

1. Parking lot detection with 15 MPH speed limit. It seems like FSDb is now capable of determining when you're in a parking lot based on how cars around you are positioned, and it automatically applies a 15 MPH speed limit. Happy to see this since whenever FSDb pulled into parking lots for me before it often involved frantically scrolling down the speed. Here's a photo I snapped of it doing it in a Wendy's parking lot:

IMG_20221123_125723419.jpg

There are no speed limit signs around the restaurant to trigger this otherwise. The interesting thing is that it worked well on this side of the drive through line, but after I turned the corner to a side of the building with fewer cars, it bumped back up to the speed limit of the next closest road (35 MPH).

2. Driving West into the setting sun I got a red-hands take-over immediately notice. In the second or two between the error popping up and me pressing the brake, I noticed that my car had put the hazard lights on and was in the process of slowing to a stop. So it's nice it seems like FSDb has a decent fail-safe condition now.

3. Not sure if it's new behavior or just a situation I've never exactly encountered before, but there was a pedestrian that actually came sprinting full speed at my car (I think they were planning to cross just behind me, but it was hard to tell). I expected FSDb to slam on the brakes, but it must have concluded that it couldn't brake in time, and it actually swerved into an empty adjacent lane.

I've noticed a couple of new undocumented features in 10.69.3.1 today. Anyone else notice these?
There has also been an update to the way real time traffic is being reported and represented in the NAV, I haven’t seen anyone report on it yet with screenshots, but it’s definitely new AND COOL

Last edited:
Took another try with FSDb today... Dry and sunny, unlike yesterday. Went to my local sub shop. Roundabouts, double stop intersections and many other oddities that would kill FSDb last fall. I was expecting some issues to have been resolved and others not. Surprisingly, I made it all the way without a disengagement. I did have wet panties, however as there were many wide turns that caused oncoming traffic to veer away from me as they thought I was going to, “cross over”…. Also close call wheel rash risks. The way back was not so good. Got the red hands of death, once as well. The car swings wide on turns, hungs the centerline too closely, and “creeps” excessively as the camera suck and are misplaced in the car. I will give it another day or two, before opting out. On a positive note, it did better than yesterday and last fall!

@WilliamG

I had the 50% issue with 69.2.4. Took it over 4 hours. I checked online and there were plenty of others; for some it was just an hour wait, but others, over 2 days. Nothing I did manually helped; it would always stop at 50% and just sit there. Eventually I just left it, and hours later, I got the install notification.

This time around, I never noticed the download. I just got the notification to install on my phone. So if it got stuck at 50%, I wouldn't know.

The only reason I knew about the 50% stuck issue last time was because I had to manually go to the Software tab to get the update. So I was already sitting there and figured I'd watch it download. For most releases, I just accept the install prompt in the app after it's downloaded.

I got 3.1 today.

Some changes I noticed on my 8 mile drive:

GOOD
- The side camera view is now higher up on the screen, right below the speed to make it easier to see and it does not block the FSD visualizations.
- The bug where the car would not move over to the left turn lane to make a left turn is fixed. The car now moves over to the left turn lane right away like it used to do on previous versions.
You can now position the side camera view to 3 different locations. While the side view is showing hold the window and two additional windows will pop up where you can simply drag the window where you want it.

Reactions: diplomat33
I got 3.1 today.

Some changes I noticed on my 8 mile drive:

GOOD
- The side camera view is now higher up on the screen, right below the speed to make it easier to see and it does not block the FSD visualizations.
- The bug where the car would not move over to the left turn lane to make a left turn is fixed. The car now moves over to the left turn lane right away like it used to do on previous versions.

BAD
- It made a left turn at a major intersection too sharp and almost went into the incoming lane before self-correcting at the last minute when it almost hit the vehicle.
- It made a right turn too sharp too before self-correcting. So the turn was very wobbly.
- Disengaged to move over to the left lane due to a police car on the right shoulder.

MISC
- The camera icon to take snapshots is gone.
Yep. Turns are bad. Full stop.

- The camera icon to take snapshots is gone.
Maybe we are supposed to make our reports on Twitter now? (Another $8 per month if we want to be believed?)

Or maybe it 10.69.3.1 is so amazing that no one is reporting any problems, according to the Tesla PR team.

Or maybe Dojo is full, no more room for training videos.

Or maybe the testing part of FSD beta is over, and we are now in the final, never ending "beta" phase.

I'm not event going to joke that it might be a bug. Actually, since the release note say it is there, it is a bug, sigh.

I am having trouble coming up with a hopeful explanation.

SW

I am having trouble coming up with a hopeful explanation.

Or maybe the testing part of FSD beta is over, and we are now in the final, never ending "beta" phase.

This seems hopeful!

Anyway as mentioned plenty of data still goes to Tesla. There’s really no need for a button. And probably their simulations are now top notch.

But continues to boggle my mind that they might go wide in the next month or two; various changes suggest that is coming, as Elon has stated. Makes no sense! It’s so much better than it was, but it is still so bad, as evidenced by the slew of comments above. I have no idea why they would provide this to everyone. And we haven’t even seen the highway regressions yet!

Just seems hard to believe they won’t persist with an optional parallel code branch that anyone can request. (This is not going wide.)

Last edited: