Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No FSD for HW2.5. šŸ˜¢
Once FSD V11 goes wide release I may subscribe for a month to get HW3 assuming single stack makes Autopilot better.
Spoiler alert: youā€™ll be waiting a couple of years for parity.

I noticed horn didnā€™t work sometimes. It may depend on how long you lay on it. Not sure. I am aware of one failure but on that cut in I posted a video of at night it did work. You should hear a little beep afterwards if it worked.

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
You have to pay $1000 to get HW3 before you can subscribe.
Yeah, it's got to be worth $1000 to me. I need it to slow down earlier for stopped traffic when I'm going 70mph and I need it to not decelerate when someone slows down a little while changing lanes in front of me. Also I'm getting way too much "phantom braking" on freeways in San Diego (why does it keep thinking speed limit is 55mph???). Also I need it to not slam on the brakes in stop and go traffic even if the person in front of me doesn't know how to drive.

I need it to slow down earlier for stopped traffic when I'm going 70mph
This unfortunately is not resolved in FSDb. It slows down very late for stopped objects like car or red light often resorting to jerk and friction braking. Iā€™ve noticed this to be pretty significant at higher city speeds >40mph.

I can imagine the distance it needs to see at 70mph is much greater and will probably be worse yet.

Ive had a few instances when beta stops in the middle of making a turn......to the point where I need to hit the accelerator to get it to move. Has anyone else experienced this?
Yes, I have to do this every so often. In my case, roundabouts are the most often locations, but normal intersections happen daily. I should add that I use FSD almost all the time.

Reactions: Gogoplata
Man, what an amateur. You have to press the save button hidden a couple menus deep, to write it to the USB stick! Or honk the horn if you have it set up that way. Saves last 10 minutes.
I have the save button available on the bottom control bar (Model Y) so no hidden menus. Not sure if this configuration is available on the S/X.

Iā€™ll post the video at some point. The massive swerving is a pleasant new development on wide unmarked streets. It is just as well they did not do wide release!!! This was all pre-beer. However, definitely not the ideal development for using FSD Beta after a single beer. (Normally a single beer takes the edge off, and thus allows for a perfect machine-human interface, but this new development is unacceptable.)

Itā€™s very unfortunate the Nav was messed up on the way to the brewery last night. I was looking forward to posting a video of one of my zero disengagement drives, followed by @Daniel in SD for documentation purposes - as it is, I needed to disengage twice for navigation purposes. Next week I will set a waypoint to ensure the correct route. Itā€™ll be epic, I promise. Low production value is assured, as usual.

Zero disengagements, zero accelerator application (another reason to have Daniel following me, to act as a safety buffer).
Here is the amazing video. Youā€™ll see three instances of veering, each marked by guffawing/tittering.
New behavior. I have actually never seen this with any prior version.

Broken! Good enough for wider narrow release though it seems.

Amazing zero intervention drive though (except for navigation correction, and for a tiny accelerator application at the second stop sign). And yes, the first stop was a California stop.

Here is the amazing video. Youā€™ll see three instances of veering, each marked by guffawing/tittering.
New behavior. I have actually never seen this with any prior version.

Broken! Good enough for wider narrow release though it seems.

Amazing zero intervention drive though (except for navigation correction, and for a tiny accelerator application at the second stop sign). And yes, the first stop was a California stop.
Thanks for the video. Now I understand why you have a different take on FSD sometimes. You drive with North up I think although the video was a bit hard to tell on my phone :) That means you think differently. Not better or worse just different. I wonder what percentage of owners use North?

Thanks for the video. Now I understand why you have a different take on FSD sometimes. You drive with North up I think although the video was a bit hard to tell on my phone :) That means you think differently. Not better or worse just different. I wonder what percentage of owners use North?
If I donā€™t use north up, I lose all grasp of direction (my sense of direction is pretty good) and my life starts to spiral out of control.

Iā€™ll be judgmental and declare that north up is unequivocally better. šŸ˜› I donā€™t know how people stay sane otherwise.

LOL, North up drives me crazy

Reading a map or finding a point on the map it is 100% North up. Driving I want heading up just like I'm driving.

Fun Fact: What we call the North Pole is technically the South Pole. Same for the South Pole. Reason being is the North arrow on a compass is magnetically attracted to the South Pole (opposites attract) and therefore points in the direction we call north.

Last edited:
Have they (inadvertently?) removed the braking display in .36? I didnā€™t see it this morning and I was fairly sure the brakes were being used. However, itā€™s possible they were not; Iā€™d have to hover over the brake in more scenarios and watch the bar to be sure. Just no black bar, and it was rare in prior versions to see the brakes NOT being used, so it seemed notable

Wondering if anyone noticed.

Have they (inadvertently?) removed the braking display in .36? I didnā€™t see it this morning and I was fairly sure the brakes were being used. However, itā€™s possible they were not; Iā€™d have to hover over the brake in more scenarios and watch the bar to be sure. Just no black bar, and it was rare in prior versions to see the brakes NOT being used, so it seemed notable

Wondering if anyone noticed.
I've noticed this too. However, back on 69.2.4 when it was showing the brake line, I noticed that regen is very aggressive, and there were many times I thought brakes were being used but it was all regen. When the car would blend in the brakes, there was definitely more inertial change. But 69.3.1 is not showing the brake line that I can see.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life