Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha - there is no way. You are dreaming if you think a Y is similar to an S. There is absolutely no comparison. Good for you if you feel that way though. šŸ™‚

I donā€™t know if itā€™s a reading thing or a comprehension thing lol. I have both Model S and Model Y. I also have my opinion and you have yours. Iā€™m not saying your opinion is wrong, because itā€™s your own, but you choose to dispute my opinion? I didnā€™t say M3 is better than MS. Iā€™m just saying for what itā€™s worth, TO ME, I wouldā€™ve been fine with M3Pā€™s performance and couldā€™ve used the extra money towards something else. Especially the money I wasted on FSD. Legit shouldā€™ve just bought $10k of Tesla stocks.

He has both, and lives in a tent down by the river... I thought it was a van but was corrected. Maybe he should spend less on cars and maybe get a apartment šŸ¤”?

But the apartment wonā€™t let me let it watch me watching it drive me places, and then I have to commit to one spot, and pay billsā€¦. None of that sounds fun.

NOT judging just asking. Did people Really decide to buy a Model S Premium EV based on the ability to play a video game?? Lol. My 2020 doesnā€™t have an external speaker and canā€™t Fart outside but I donā€˜t recall being frustrated by missing out. Just an odd debate concern for such an odd feature.

The problem is with the companyā€™s values. If you canā€™t uphold what you said you were going to do, well then you have no integrity.

What people are asking for isnā€™t unreasonable. Itā€™s what was promised. If the 2023 Model S comes out with an acceleration package because it has different motors or battery that can handle it, it would be unreasonable to complain that we should get it too, because itā€™s clearly for 2023 model only. But when you promised something AT THE REVEAL, but then failed to deliver it for 1.5 years, and then half assed it for mid-2022 and newer cars only, now thatā€™s a problem.

May be @AlanSubie4Life and @Daniel in SD can try this.
We have, but I havenā€™t bothered to fuzz out my license plate in the video yet so have not posted the ā€œdroneā€ footage. It looks pretty bad from the outside (you can see my last video - thatā€™s the one to the brewery that we recorded).

I've to say for the most part it looks fine
Huh???? I just watched through 7:30. Watch 5 minutes through 7:30 if you mustā€¦. At least two unnecessary stops/hitches, a wide turn, then a turn into the wrong lane, etc. I am sure the remaining 30 minutes or whatever is not any better.

It looks awful (exactly as we would expect). This is not a good system. We all know that it needs a ton of improvement.

Thanks for the video. Itā€™s a great one and really shows how far there is to go.

We have, but I havenā€™t bothered to fuzz out my license plate in the video yet so have not posted the ā€œdroneā€ footage. It looks pretty bad from the outside (you can see my last video - thatā€™s the one to the brewery that we recorded).
You have to fuzz out your license plate that 1000s of people see every day on your car? Are we more intimidating than the people in real life? šŸ˜…

I am sure the remaining 30 minutes or whatever is not any better.
Nah. You should watch the whole thing. The initial turn into the parking lane was the worst (and obvious) mistake.

The driver keeps saying things like .... oh that was a wide turn ... and you can't really tell from behind.

Would be nice to watch.

My guess is you are focusing on the things that look bad from outside - and I'm focusing things that feel bad from inside but not from outside.

It wasnā€™t that bad. One noticeable phantom brake and a drift right to hit road debris. There was also the weird positioning at the stop sign but Iā€™m not sure that would have stood out if I didnā€™t know you were using FSD.

Finally went for my first holiday release drive today .... now that the ice/snow has cleared in my area.

- Better speed control when turning. No more accelerating unnecessarily while still turning.
- Seems to come to a stop at the stop sign better. Need more examples to be sure.
- Roundabout behavior seems to be the same. Very hesitant and stopping before roundabouts with no traffic.

BTW, the music control at the left bottom was problematic. Because I'm used to noticing that area for nags ... and kept thinking there is a nag shown when there was no nag. One major improvement they should do is to show the nag on left top portion, instead of left, bottom. Obviously much better visibility there, esp. since I'm usually holding the steering wheel and my hand blocks the left bottom area !

Nah. You should watch the whole thing.

Sadly I did. Pretty bad. I guess it depends on your standard? I want it to make no mistakes. Like a human driving attentively.

Iā€™ve used FSD with multiple people in the car and they are impressed (if technically inclined) and also they think it is laughable and has so, so far to go. Thatā€™s what we see in these videos.

BTW, the music control at the left bottom was problematic. Because I'm used to noticing that area for nags ... and kept thinking there is a nag shown when there was no nag. One major improvement they should do is to show the nag on left top portion, instead of left, bottom. Obviously much better visibility there, esp. since I'm usually holding the steering wheel and my hand blocks the left bottom area !
Agreed. I'm still getting used to, but one issue I have is that seatbelt warnings overlay the audio. So if a passenger in the back seat unbuckles.for any reason I can't control audio.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Sadly I did. Pretty bad. I guess it depends on your standard? I want it to make no mistakes. Like a human driving attentively.

Iā€™ve used FSD with multiple people in the car and they are impressed (if technically inclined) and also they think it is laughable and has so, so far to go. Thatā€™s what we see in these videos.
If it's forcing us to pay so much attention, then it should also perform up par with how well a driver would perform while paying that much attention.

Finally went for my first holiday release drive today .... now that the ice/snow has cleared in my area.

- Better speed control when turning. No more accelerating unnecessarily while still turning.
- Seems to come to a stop at the stop sign better. Need more examples to be sure.
- Roundabout behavior seems to be the same. Very hesitant and stopping before roundabouts with no traffic.

It's amazing the difference from one drive to the next. Mine frequently over accelerates in turns complete with passenger gasping sounds. Chuck Cook had a similar experence in his recent video. It seems to be a problem with premature acceleration in the turns. If FSDb just waited a split second before giving it the beans the turn would be acceptable.

It's amazing the difference from one drive to the next. Mine frequently over accelerates in turns complete with passenger gasping sounds. Chuck Cook had a similar experence in his recent video. It seems to be a problem with premature acceleration in the turns. If FSDb just waited a split second before giving it the beans the turn would be acceptable.
Canā€™t say I ever had an issue with turns. I do have an issue with it stopping for red lights and other vehicles ahead though. Iā€™m almost 100% positive FSD has put more wear on the brake pads than I have.

From outside ?

PS : Let me expand. We have all experienced FSD from within the car. Most of the YouTube videos show that too.

But, how does FSDB look from outside ? To other drivers on the road. Can other drivers on the road and pedestrians know itā€™s FSD driving and not me ? What % of time or at what maneuvers does it look not natural ?

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m curious to find out.

Last edited:
Better speed control when turning. No more accelerating unnecessarily while still turning.
Thatā€™s wild. Cause it started doing exactly that for me in this release. Turns had been smoother in the last few releases, but itā€™s accelerating hard in the middle of the turn now, even when going from a 25 mph to a 25 mph.

Today, I noticed it started seeing the railroad crossing lights as broken traffic signals, so now itā€™s braking. This is really unfortunate because all railroad crossings around this part of Texas are made to be taken at-speed (tracks are perfectly level with the road and everything).

I also think I started seeing road markings on occasion which I donā€™t remember seeing before while in Beta.

From outside ?

PS : Let me expand. We have all experienced FSD from within the car. Most of the YouTube videos show that too.

But, how does FSDB look from outside ? To other drivers on the road. Can other drivers on the road and pedestrians know itā€™s FSD driving and not me ? What % of time or at what maneuvers does it look not natural ?

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m curious to find out.
Maneuvers probably look natural, plus how many people are truly paying attention to you while youā€™re driving to look out for the small detail. The random lane jumping, slamming brakes, unnecessary turn signals, are probably the ones that make people behind think you might have an extra chromosome.

.25 is doing some really wacky stuff with lanes. Car made a left turn from the outer lane, needed to stay in the left lanes for another immediate left, but car decided to skip 2 lanes to the right during the turn? Lol, never did anything like that before.

This grammar of lanes approach is a bunch of hullabaloo hot air.

V11 is the last hope for HW3. Even so, the expectations are low.

.25 is doing some really wacky stuff with lanes. Car made a left turn from the outer lane, needed to stay in the left lanes for another immediate left, but car decided to skip 2 lanes to the right during the turn? Lol, never did anything like that before.

This grammar of lanes approach is a bunch of hullabaloo hot air.

V11 is the last hope for HW3. Even so, the expectations are low.
I feel like itā€™s safe to say that TADA will not be what was promised, at least not with HW3 or V11, and Iā€™m pretty sure Tesla knows that as well.

Itā€™s indeed cheaper to pump out nonsense with change logs full of mumbo jumbo than retrofit all of the vehicles that paid for FSD with a fully function set of hardware, complimented by probably still non-existing software.