Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Beta 10.69

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If FSD would just stop throwing on the damned turn signal and switching lanes unnecessarily I'd be sooooo happy. I hate that FSD gives people the perception that I'm a terrible driver.

Edit: on the way home tonight, upcoming left hand turn, I'm in the left lane, car wants to get over to the right lane at .2 miles away from the turn. I keep fighting the turn signal to force it to stay left.

Edit: on the way home tonight, upcoming left hand turn, I'm in the left lane, car wants to get over to the right lane at .2 miles away from the turn. I keep fighting the turn signal to force it to stay left.
It’s also hard to figure out how it decides when lane changes are imminent. This morning I suspected it would try to change lanes where it usually does, it turned on the signal which I canceled immediately, then it showed the blue bar “changing lanes soon’ button, I pressed it to cancel and it immediately changed lanes faster than I could abort it. Sometimes you also see that blue bar pop up and go away several times before it attempts to change lanes. Very janky.

Reactions: old pilot and GSP
If FSD would just stop throwing on the damned turn signal and switching lanes unnecessarily I'd be sooooo happy. I hate that FSD gives people the perception that I'm a terrible driver.

100%. It changed to the left most lane (of 2) this morning when in 1/4 of a mile or less it had to get into a right-hand turning lane! I let it go to see what it would do and it ended up missing the turn and acting erratic as it tried to recover. I just took over and drove a little ways to manually turn into a parking lot entrance to meander my way back on course.

Re: turn signal --- annoying to me that it seems to do it very close to the turn. Often when I'm driving I try to be more courteous to those behind me especially if it is a multi-lane road so they can choose to go around me earlier.

Reactions: old pilot and GSP

One does the same thing. Very annoying!

Reactions: old pilot

That's when you do the disengage of shame and take over from FSD

Just drove home tonight in the rain on .25.1. Advanced Driver Assist performed well. Not a single nag or cabin camera issue. Had the following:

One right turn did a small swerve to the left before the turn. Better than .25.0

Auto high-beams worked well except for lowering for some reflective signs.

Was at 55mph and it missed a speed limit sign that lowered to 50 MPH. Picked up the next one.

Otherwise the drive was great. Darkness and rain was a good test, but would be better if there was more traffic for an even better test.

Just curious what % of your drives assuming lane selection is solved would still need interventions?
I am a believer in “An intervention is a disengagement”. If you press the gas pedal to tell the car to go on right on red at an intersection, then that might as well be a disengagement. You did all the hard work. Same thing for using the turn signal stalk to force it into a lane. If you do that, that’s essentially a disengagement. All these YouTubers with their “ZERO DISENGAGEMENT” talk while they are also pressing the gas all the time at intersections is nonsense. With this in mind, I wouldn’t really say that any of my drives would require interventions. I rarely intervene. Most of the issues I have warrant a full disengagement.

I am a believer in “An intervention is a disengagement”. If you press the gas pedal to tell the car to go on right on red at an intersection, then that might as well be a disengagement. You did all the hard work. Same thing for using the turn signal stalk to force it into a lane. If you do that, that’s essentially a disengagement. All these YouTubers with their “ZERO DISENGAGEMENT” talk while they are also pressing the gas all the time at intersections is nonsense. With this in mind, I wouldn’t really say that any of my drives would require interventions. I rarely intervene. Most of the issues I have warrant a full disengagement.
How often do you just adjust your speed with the thumbwheel and do you consider that a disengagement based on your comment above?

Reactions: DarkForest
I scroll down on the speed in advance of lower limits in the hopes that the car will show enough by the time it gets to the new speed zone that I don’t have to fully disengage to let regen promptly slow the car to the proper speed. Should that count as an intervention?
ANY time you intervene it counts as an intervention. 🤔 ;)

But does it though? Does it get back to the mothership that FSDb may have done something wrong? Not sure even a full disengagement does that since they changed the wording and presumably the focus on counting “safety related”disengagements.
No one knows for sure what data Tesla uses even IF it is uploaded. It is probable that NO data for most of us is used unless there is an accident or extreme circumstances. That has nothing to do with what an intervention or disengagement is anyway.

In past we could hit the Camera icon but even that data might not have been used. Hence why the button was removed for most people.

Would you prefer they say “zero full disengagements”?

Are you suggesting there shouldn’t be a distinction of severity between interventions and disengagements? I’m guessing no based on your last sentence.

Or that you see interventions as just as bad as disengagements?

Or that you want to shift the language everyone uses to say interventions are disengagements and disengagements are full disengagements?

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Would you prefer they say “zero full disengagements”?

Are you suggesting there shouldn’t be a distinction of severity between interventions and disengagements? I’m guessing no based on your last sentence.

Or that you see interventions as just as bad as disengagements?

Or that you want to shift the language everyone uses to say interventions are disengagements and disengagements are full disengagements?
It is simple:

Disengagement = Intervention + Disengagement
Intervention = Intervention - Disengagement

Saying anything else is just incorrect and semantics at best.