Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
on the autopilot tab of the car interface. Near the top. Request FSD Beta access
Great thanks! Unfortunately immediately after I took delivery I drove it to the shop to get tints and stealth wrap. I literally drive it for 30 minutes and had to hand it over!! 🥲

After Reading portions of this thread is sounds like even if I wanted to opt in to beta program I would not be able to update because of the version I’m currently on. Is this correct?

Great thanks! Unfortunately immediately after I took delivery I drove it to the shop to get tints and stealth wrap. I literally drive it for 30 minutes and had to hand it over!! 🥲

After Reading portions of this thread is sounds like even if I wanted to opt in to beta program I would not be able to update because of the version I’m currently on. Is this correct?
what version are you on? You can stop by your shop and fiddle with the car. Ask for their wifi pw so you can install software updates via the iPhone app remotely. with the holiday release rumored to be coming, no one really knows who will be able to get it if they've already purchased or subscribed to FSD. Could be everybody gets it in two weeks. Or it could be "two weeks".

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
what version are you on? You can stop by your shop and fiddle with the car. Ask for their wifi pw so you can install software updates via the iPhone app remotely. with the holiday release rumored to be coming, no one really knows who will be able to get it if they've already purchased or subscribed to FSD. Could be everybody gets it in two weeks. Or it could be "two weeks".
Thanks for the reply. The shop is about 45 mins away so I’m afraid I’ll have to wait until end of week to pick it up. I figured I’ve waited this long to get a Tesla what’s another week? Lol plus it forces me to do my research, prepare my Wall charger, clean out the garage to make room for parking and spend some time on this awesome site!

Since my last post I think I now understand the beta and how the versioning works.

Reactions: impastu and Thp3
WHERE would one who is a 1+ year FSDb tester, who gets each update within about 24-48 hours, put their category?
Probably in the "Safety Score" group. Unless you still have the video snapshot button that is available to those in "Actually" early access program such as those who had FSD Beta since 2020.

Looks like Tesla just released 10.69.3.3 / 2022.40.4.10 to their employee perk group. Optimistically, this version is to address some non-11 behaviors such as merging FSD Beta to a more recent production branch and maybe even adding MCU1 support. After internal then employees then early access then usually safety score testers would Tesla then add new testers that have been waiting on production 2022.40.4.2 or MCU1 2022.8.10.8.

If so, then there's still hope for holiday update to include FSD Beta 11's single stack as this interim version of 10.69.3.3 reduces some risks of an alternative of doing everything as part of a single release.

It's actually a huge difference - the amount of detail the car sees and displays is impressive compared to the standard AP stack.
I remember Elon talking about all cars getting the "mind-of-car view" at some point. I'd really love a switch to toggle on/off FSD Beta visualizations in the car settings knowing that it will still take some time until Europe gets any FSD functionality. Would be a nice gimmick for us AI / FSD fans :D

Reactions: impastu
......If so, then there's still hope for holiday update to include FSD Beta 11's single stack as this interim version of 10.69.3.3 reduces some risks of an alternative of doing everything as part of a single release.
Time has just run out for the roll out of V11 before Christmas Eve. There is no evidence of V11 imminent influencer release and Christmas Eve is only 12 days away. Even under the best conditions it would take 2 to 3 weeks to rollout it to everyone and since V11 is such a BIG fundamental change update it will likely require more 11.x bug fixes/time than usual before going wide, probably 11.3 at best. Making it likely closer to 4 weeks to everyone from first influencer rollout.

Last edited:
Even under the best conditions it would take 2 to 3 weeks to rollout it to everyone and since V11 is such a BIG fundamental change update it will likely require more 11.x bug fixes/time than usual before going wide, probably 11.3 at best
Yes, previous big releases like 10.69 had to go through multiple versions before wide release to safety score testers. FSD Beta 11 is an even more fundamental change with single stack replacing existing Navigate on Autopilot behavior. However, that also makes it a pretty special milestone for Tesla, and they've even split up the employee rollout phase with some getting 10.69.3.3 instead of 11. It could just be that they wanted to be extra cautious about the rollout to minimize safety issues.

Or it could also be that they wanted a tighter feedback loop as well as stronger enforcement of non-disclosure agreements to maximize the special surprise aspect of the holiday update. For example, single stack and holiday update could come with general visualization improvements for all vehicles even those without FSD purchased, and Tesla wants to avoid spoiling things with leaks or early access.

As you point out, there isn't much time left, so we'll see if they'll make the deadline probably within 2 weeks.

Looks like holiday update is going out "early" relative to previous years closer to Christmas. 2022.44.25.1 Official Tesla Software Update | Teslascope

Code:
2022.44.25.1 First noticed: December 13, 2022
2021.44.25.2 First noticed: December 23, 2021
2020.48.25   First noticed: December 24, 2020

Maybe that allows more time for FSD Beta 11's single stack to be released later in December?

Tesla could be keeping their current FSD Beta software structure for now where users get production then FSD Beta software like last year's 2021.44.25.2 production vs 2021.44.25.6 / FSD Beta 10.8. So this year's holiday update "Part 2" could still include FSD Beta 11?

Tesla could be keeping their current FSD Beta software structure for now where users get production then FSD Beta software like last year's 2021.44.25.2 production vs 2021.44.25.6 / FSD Beta 10.8. So this year's holiday update "Part 2" could still include FSD Beta 11?

Another relatively cryptic tweet from Teslascope. Sounds like the FSD Beta build to be bundled with the holiday update is yet to be decided:

EDIT: Clarification from Teslascope that they are considering including V11 in the holiday firmware:

Last edited:
Sounds like the FSD Beta build to be bundled with the holiday update is yet to be decided
Seems to match up with what we've observed with Tesla sending some employees 10.69.3.3 and others single stack FSD Beta 11. The former seems to be preparing for wide release integrated into regular production vehicle software while the latter adds new FSD functionality. Actually Smart Summon with Ultrasonic Sensors replaced by Vision as part of single stack makes sense too, but it does introduce some project risk in delaying all of 11.

Presumably Autopilot team is primarily focused on safe / smooth highway driving with FSD Beta 11's single stack, so the uncertainty of if it making it to Holiday Update Part 2 could suggest it still needing additional polishing.

Reactions: willow_hiller
Presumably Autopilot team is primarily focused on safe / smooth highway driving with FSD Beta 11's single stack, so the uncertainty of if it making it to Holiday Update Part 2 could suggest it still needing additional polishing.

The toggle that @EVNow discussed above might be a good compromise solution. Single-stack FSD Beta on highways for everyone who wants to try it, and then an easy switch to turn it off for those who prefer NoA.

Single-stack FSD Beta on highways for everyone who wants to try it, and then an easy switch to turn it off for those who prefer NoA
The tweet seems to be referring to the existing "( ) Full Self-Driving (Beta)" toggle on the Autopilot screen as it also suggests one could create a new driving profile with "( ) Navigate on Autopilot (Beta)" and "( ) Full Self-Driving (Beta)" set as typically these toggles can't be switched while not in Park.

Yes, it would probably be helpful to have an additional control just for FSD Beta 11's highway driving similar to current NoA switching to plain Autosteer lane keeping.