Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
This must be rhetorical.🥴 If Elon Musk himself gave you an answer it would all but certainly be wrong. 🤔 🤣 So how could anyone here give a REAL answer. So it likely will be between "2 weeks or so" and "end of the year".;)
Well.. not rhetorical. Not looking for Musk’s answer to my question (obviously I wouldn’t take his word with anything time related).

Was hoping maybe for some kind of response like this:
1679525654232.png

I went out for a fast food breakfast and got there on beta with no issues. When I left to go home there was no beta...gone. I had no idea what happened until I checked here and heard the 'war' stories. The forum certainly lit up that day...boom. That was Sunday 10/24/2021.
We went to a local farm for hayrides etc. and had severe braking on I95 on our way home. Luckily no one was behind me or else it would have been a disaster. My kids were crying due to random braking while going 70mph and wife was screaming not to use AP and I was not using any type of AP. I had turned off all the AP/emergency features and yet car was braking for no reasons. That was the worst update ever.

Well.. not rhetorical. Not looking for Musk’s answer to my question (obviously I wouldn’t take his word with anything time related).

Was hoping maybe for some kind of response like this:
View attachment 920263
Mind you all
“Available” doesn’t mean “you will get it”
It means they might write the code and put it on the server for a very select few to try it

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
I folks- did an experiment today, and conclude that with FSD 11.3.2 the Vison does not have parking sensor capability.

I covered all front USS sensors with a quarter over them, using a painters tape.

The car then could not detect garage door in front at all.

Once I removed the painters tape.. the car could sense distance from garage door in front.

Hence, vision only does not work for parking right now. Not atleast for the cars that came with uss initially.

Hope this helps.

I have recorded a video with this experiment. Once my son uploads it on youtube..I will share a link.

I folks- did an experiment today, and conclude that with FSD 11.3.2 the Vison does not have parking sensor capability.

I covered all front USS sensors with a quarter over them, using a painters tape.

The car then could not detect garage door in front at all.

Once I removed the painters tape.. the car could sense distance from garage door in front.

Hence, vision only does not work for parking right now. Not atleast for the cars that came with uss initially.

Hope this helps.

I have recorded a video with this experiment. Once my son uploads it on youtube..I will share a link.
If you have USS, they still function.
Vision park assist is not enabled on your car. They have not disabled the sensors yet.

They do need to Fuse the solutions though. USS has issues and it doesn't pick up the sides at all.
“Need” is a very strong term, and I wouldn’t hold your breath!

We can check back in a few years and see how things are going I guess.

Based on the performance of vision I have seen so far, this all seems extremely impossible. But there is always the chance of a breakthrough!

I routinely park 7 inches (back in, wall on my right) or so from a concrete wall at work, to optimize my door ding rate, and because of course these specific spots tend to be open (people don’t like to open driver doors into concrete walls). I don’t see vision being able to perform this task, even though in theory it would be easy and way better than me, if the vision system could recognize what I could recognize. And of course it would be dumb and not allow you to park that close to the wall and stupidly park in the middle of the spot anyway - assuming it could figure out what the middle was, which I think might require a breakthrough.

On the other hand, I don’t use the USS for this task so I guess it is all very irrelevant.

While still waiting for my 11.3.x update on 3 separate cars I was just thinking that it's surprising that Tesla hasn't increased the cost again for either FSD purchase price or the subscription. There was almost a cadence to it in 2021-2022. I guess they figure the take rate would plummet so why bother.
A larger number times zero is still zero. 😉

Reactions: Ramphex