Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Maybe now that 2023.6.9 was released to production cars with the Vision Park Assist from 11.3.2, the team can get back to pushing out FSD for the rest of us
This could very well be a main reason why 11.3.2 has not expanded to more FSD Beta vehicles. Was this Autopilot team's first production release of FSD Beta's Occupancy Network? Quite possibly 11.3.2 included shadow mode telemetry to measure the effectiveness of Tesla Vision Park Assist on vehicles with Ultrasonic Sensors, so that Tesla could finally deliver on missing functionality to the majority of new owners -- many who have been waiting months longer than the last FSD Beta 10.x update.

At the same time, getting some of FSD Beta functionality merged and verified on 2023.6.x production branch probably helps prepare a 11.3.3 that would allow the smaller portion of these new owners that purchased/subscribed to FSD Capability to get what they paid for. It wouldn't be surprising if Tesla is aiming to get FSD Beta 11.x single stack into a "single" production software release track for vehicles with and without USS and with and without FSD Capability, so people can pay and basically immediately change the setting in vehicle to use FSD Beta without needing a separate download.

This could very well be a main reason why 11.3.2 has not expanded to more FSD Beta vehicles. Was this Autopilot team's first production release of FSD Beta's Occupancy Network? Quite possibly 11.3.2 included shadow mode telemetry to measure the effectiveness of Tesla Vision Park Assist on vehicles with Ultrasonic Sensors, so that Tesla could finally deliver on missing functionality to the majority of new owners -- many who have been waiting months longer than the last FSD Beta 10.x update.

At the same time, getting some of FSD Beta functionality merged and verified on 2023.6.x production branch probably helps prepare a 11.3.3 that would allow the smaller portion of these new owners that purchased/subscribed to FSD Capability to get what they paid for. It wouldn't be surprising if Tesla is aiming to get FSD Beta 11.x single stack into a "single" production software release track for vehicles with and without USS and with and without FSD Capability, so people can pay and basically immediately change the setting in vehicle to use FSD Beta without needing a separate download.
Agreed, but “TGC” has an unhealthy relationship with (communicating) the truth.

• Love
Reactions: am_dmd and Pdubs
Zipper merges with many FSD cars on the road will be interesting as in Germany, the rules are to use up both lanes and then merge at the very end, while in the US, it is perceived to be rude to use the mostly empty disappearing lane to pass up the single line of cars queued up in the lane that doesn't disappear well in advance of the merge point. Should be simple to program, but it will required two different behaviors.
There was a study done a while back that showed the most efficient traffic flow came from using the merge lanes all the way to the end and merging at the end of them. I don't get it either. Stupid, lazy, entitled and selfish Americans. They need to put their phones down and drive.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
There was a study done a while back that showed the most efficient traffic flow came from using the merge lanes all the way to the end and merging at the end of them. I don't get it either. Stupid, lazy, entitled and selfish Americans. They need to put their phones down and drive.

When you experience driving in Germany with everyone doing the zipper merge, compared to waiting in traffic in the US, you instantly understand why it's better. You begin to see the rude ones are those not letting in the cars in one at a time at the merge point, which is what is causing the stop and to here in the US. That being said, you should not barrel full speed into the zipper merge.

• Love
Reactions: JB47394 and Pdubs
When you experience driving in Germany with everyone doing the zipper merge, compared to waiting in traffic in the US, you instantly understand why it's better. You begin to see the rude ones are those not letting in the cars in one at a time at the merge point, which is what is causing the stop and to here in the US. That being said, you should not barrel full speed into the zipper merge.
Drivers in Germany get SIGNIFICANTLY more driver training than anything we get here in the USA.. Frankly, it’s far more relaxing driving 150 mph in Germany than 65 mph here in the USA.

I’ll often drive with my wife here in the USA and there will be a MASSIVE traffic backup and in the end it’ll just be a four into three lane merge / lane close out. Or five into four, or three into two, you get the point.

That never happens in Germany, it all just flows.

Drivers in Germany get SIGNIFICANTLY more driver training than anything we get here in the USA.. Frankly, it’s far more relaxing driving 150 mph in Germany than 65 mph here in the USA.

I’ll often drive with my wife here in the USA and there will be a MASSIVE traffic backup and in the end it’ll just be a four into three lane merge / lane close out. Or five into four, or three into two, you get the point.

That never happens in Germany, it all just flows.
Breaking News: Germany begs US citizens to stop trying to immigrate. "We don't know why we're getting flooded with immigration requests."
This Just In: The German Autobahn experiencing unusual traffic congestion. Transportation ministers are noting a sudden increase of Teslas with US license plates may be to blame.

Now that I'm more aware of the zipper merge that FSD is programmed for it's been interesting doing highway merges the past couple of days as you can tell FSD is waiting before merging even when slots are available. The problem I'm seeing is as cars in front of me merge the car speeds up too fast especially if 2-3 cars merge freeing up significant lane space. FSD then frequently runs out of lane space to merge smoothly.

• Informative
Reactions: VanFriscia
BACK to V11. A little funny (or sad for me and most).😢 Installs of 10.69.25.2 have been closing in on 11.3.2 and today thay are on parody.🤔 Feels almost like we are backing up. 🤣

View attachment 920668
it’s quite possible that they have prioritized the Non FSDb update(2023. 6.8) and will
Now widen 2022.45.11 once the bulk of the deployment is complete. Sending updates out to thousands of cars requires the capacity within their infrastructure to achieve so they are most likely doing this in phases.

Reactions: jebinc
it’s quite possible that they have prioritized the Non FSDb update(2023. 6.8) and will
Now widen 2022.45.11 once the bulk of the deployment is complete. Sending updates out to thousands of cars requires the capacity within their infrastructure to achieve so they are most likely doing this in phases.
I doubt this. Most likely that there are too many issues with 11.3.2, though I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong should Tesla push 11.3.2 out to my car soon.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc