Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
That's what she said...

I know the anticipation building for me with this one will probably leave me a little disappointed. However, it will still be great. I realize it is not perfect but the technology that they have already conquered is amazing to my animal brain.
I just wanted to thank you, for the first time taking my own words and making them funny 😁!!!

Last edited:
Praying 2022.44.100 gets picked up soon direct to FSDb FW.
Unfortunately that won't happen. See my post: Wiki - FSD Beta v11.x
I believe the path to FSD beta for USS-less and other recently delivered cars is:

Factory firmware -> 2023.2.12 -> 2023.6.9 -> Hope and pray for FSDb to be merged into an upcoming 2023 branch release sometime soon

This is the upgrade path I experienced the minute my FSD subscription expired, before that I was stuck on 2022.44.200. But who knows? Maybe there is a path to 2022.45.X from factory firmware that just hasn't been pushed yet, but like Mark II above, I doubt it. Fingers crossed for you...

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Now queue the comments about how pedestrian safety is paramount
Company survival is paramount. That means not being responsible for injuries or damages. It's okay to be hit, but not to hit, so Tesla's rule of thumb is When In Doubt, Brake. There are simply too many wolves waiting in the wings for Tesla to screw up.

I would love to know how FSD would behave if it was as assertive as the typical driver.

I would love to know how FSD would behave if it was as assertive as the typical driver.

Think they have skilled internal testers under strict NDA with "unshackled" versions of FSD? Wouldn't surprise me. Bet it might do some wild stuff, hah.

Real mad max mode is FSD on a Plaid Model S and it floors it at every stop light, automatically. Don't drink coffee.

Is everyone getting the update now from 69? Am I the only one who doesn’t have it now? Starting to panic a bit…
FWIW, the 2018 LR RWD M3 over here downloaded and installed 11.3.4 this afternoon, late. Just got back from a trip to and from dinner; works as advertised. I guess driving reports go into the "Main" thread, which is where I'm headed next.

TLDR report: Very smooth on on-ramps, off-ramps, and merging into traffic; noticeably different than the 69.xx stuff. Handled controlled left turn wonderfully, and did a near-human imitation on the local interstate with no harum-scarums whatsoever.

Bad news: Correctly got into a right turn lane at a light which was, indeed, a right-turn-on-red spot. Got 3/4 of the way through the turn, then stalled, with traffic coming up from the rear. Gassed it to get out of there.

Oh, yeah: On a limited trial, Absolutely No Swinging Wide Left To Do A Right Turn. About time.

Company survival is paramount. That means not being responsible for injuries or damages. It's okay to be hit, but not to hit, so Tesla's rule of thumb is When In Doubt, Brake. There are simply too many wolves waiting in the wings for Tesla to screw up.

Of course, just a preemptive poke. 😊. But when you try it I expect you’ll agree it’s overly sensitive as is and I predict it will be dialed back at some point.