Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
I'm not sure what they're thinking, ever, and they don't share their thoughts, only share the fairytales by the charlatan.
I think I know why...
can someone explain to me why the minimal change lane option is only available per Drive? I would like to use it all the time.would be nice to just turn it on and not have to worry about it every time you engage full self-driving. not sure what Tesla was thinking here
I alluded to this in an earlier post. We're actually testing this for Tesla. We're doing them a favor, and paying them a lot of money for the privilege. If it just sat at no lane changes, there'd be no data for Tesla to gather from end users to help improve it. It sucks, but I bet we get the option back to not lane change - later on. For now, they're in rush mode of getting as much data as possible from how the car changes lanes and how we intervene when it messes up. That little override switch in the menus, which kinda/sorta overrides it but not fully is just to give users a pseudo-out, even if it's not a full out.

On a repeat note, I still can't believe FSD is no longer usable in Seattle anymore due to the car not being able to handle narrower roads it used to be able to handle. It's worthless now.

Hav been seeing this way too frequently since installing the latest build. Quiet annoying since I can rarely engage FSDb to test it
Super cautious; going to be lots of super weird stuff until 1) it is released to everyone and 2) until it is out of beta in a few years or a decade or whatever.

Different levels of weirdness will exist. This is all super deterministic and well understood at this point.

We can all just be grateful we are part of the test program for the software we paid for several years ago. ❤️

I love you Elon Musk. 💗

I think FSD Beta has been bad since day one. I cannot get out of my residential area, period! First it was driving in the middle of the road and turn from the middle. Now its better in keeping to the right. Stopping on turns are OK but takes too long of a wait to proceed even with no traffic.

I don't understand why FSD Beta needs to first steer left a little to turn right and steer right a little to turn left! The Tesla engineers don't seem to understand you can change speed to modify curves (I wonder if they drive at all). My Model S Yoke jerk like crazy on these turns. A slight modulation of speed will make the turns much smoother!
To make up for the crappy camera locations allowing the camera to see cross traffic.

To make up for the crappy camera locations allowing the camera to see cross traffic.
This is incorrect. It can see just fine as long as it is far enough forward. This is for the pose.

Watch the planner.

It’s not going to weirdly use the repeater cameras by turning right first.

It would make no sense on a right turn anyway because it would be hurting the field of view of both relevant cameras to turn left first. The problem, to the extent any exists on right turns, is not the left-hand extent of the FOV of the pillar cam and repeater cam.

Can watch the planner also for understanding that right-turn behavior (which is bizarre).

Last edited:
Super cautious; going to be lots of super weird stuff until 1) it is released to everyone and 2) until it is out of beta in a few years or a decade or whatever.

Different levels of weirdness will exist. This is all super deterministic and well understood at this point.

We can all just be grateful we are part of the test program for the software we paid for. ❤️

I love you Elon Musk. 💗
Thing is no prior version did this till now. My car has had FSDb since the first release and the safety score game. No rhyme or reason to these issues sometimes. Oh well….:confused:

Pretty piss poor day of drives today on 11.3.3. I’m now using vulgar language in my audio report snapshots.
Usually when I get a build it appears to improve after the first week or so. For me 11.3.3 seems to be the exception and has regressed on city/streets. Lots of lane selection errors, harsher stopping then I'm used to and more hesitancy at intersections. Highways remain much improved.

Reactions: Therealm80
Pretty piss poor day of drives today on 11.3.3. I’m now using vulgar language in my audio report snapshots.
Yep they got an F bomb from me today. Car completely misses a left turn that it has taken 1000s of times (its my road where I live) so its solution was not to reroute around the block...oh no...it just stops in the middle of the road! I had to quiclky disengage as it is a very busy 2 lane highway.
Usually when I get a build it appears to improve after the first week or so. For me 11.3.3 seems to be the exception and has regressed on city/streets. Lots of lane selection errors, harsher stopping then I'm used to and more hesitancy at intersections. Highways remain much improved.
See above from me. I agree with your observation. This is the 1st build that is not getting better for me, Its is actually getting worse.
The cat encounter not withstanding, that was great!

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow and Ramphex
Little value added anyway, should focus efforts elsewhere. Can't see ever using it unless it's quick and flawless in a downpour or something.
The problem with Smart Summon, even if it works well, is that you still must have line-of-sight to the car at all time. This means that it must have a small range and you basically need to be parked in a row where you can stand at the end. If the car needs to move to your left or right from multiple rows back, there is no way to effectively monitor the car.

Ultimately, this means that you need to park close enough that the utility of the feature is low. Unless you have a mobility issue, you can likely walk to your car faster than summon can bring it to you.

The concept is good, but the car needs to be L4 capable to make it useful. And then, you add reverse summon and have something great. But, only if you can do it with no supervision.

Funny, I had 11.3.2 for less than a week before I got 11.3.3. My experience on 11.3.2 was totally different than it is on 11.3.3. 11.3.2 was good.