Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
My experience with 11.4.3 does not seem to match the majority. 11.4.2 was a regression for me, then .3 brought reliability back and then some. It's nice to finally have park assist on HW4. Still some issues that need fixed but it was a huge improvement for me.
Maybe it was more of a, "for HW4 cars," release? 11.4.3 was a regression for me. 12.4.2 was better/smoother.

Last edited:
BTW looks like 11.4.3 is still being pushed, as I got "software up to date" at about noon today on 11.4.2, but just got "Software update available" at ~8:30 pm and it's 11.4.3.

Course it looks like 2023.12.11 also went out to folks today with....11.3.6 for some reason...

EDIT- stranger still.... 2023.12.11 with 11.36 is going to a small # of cars in Europe and Asia

I suppose these could be employees
I got 23.12.11 after toying around with my subscription and getting moved up. It’s literally just extra options in the data sharing menu for what you consent to be used.

I got lucky because it seems like 11.3.6 is better.

I cancelled FSD. Got moved to 23.12.9.1 from 23.7.10. Decided to resume subscription. Got 23.12.10 and then 23.12.11.

Yay gear chimes.

Seems you can’t do what I did anymore because you’ll get 23.20.4.1 now.

Reactions: Bet TSLA
I got 23.12.11 after toying around with my subscription and getting moved up. It’s literally just extra options in the data sharing menu for what you consent to be used.

I got lucky because it seems like 11.3.6 is better.

I cancelled FSD. Got moved to 23.12.9.1 from 23.7.10. Decided to resume subscription. Got 23.12.10 and then 23.12.11.

Yay gear chimes.

Seems you can’t do what I did anymore because you’ll get 23.20.4.1 now.
Interesting. Wish those of us who purchased FSD outright (da suckers), could do the same. 11.3.6 with all the new production features released > 11.4.3

Reactions: WilliamG
AFAIK FSDb does not read any signs, of any kind, other than STOP, Speed limits (standard only- won't understand contextual ones), and sometimes, but not reliably, yield signs.
There seems to be some scant evidence it may also read "No right on red" signs in the most recent beta, but this is just anecdotal atm (DirtyTesla has shown it seeming to honor this on 11.4.3, but we shall see...).

I've actually thought about this BTW, because I agree initially it seems weird... but if TACC turns off, you immediately get regen braking without obvious reason, which seems MORE likely to cause an accident by a tailgater than continuing to drive with active cruise on would?
You bring up a good point, but I've also had the opposite, when TACC suddenly made the car shoot forward. Earlier FSD beta where it was struggling (as it used to) with a roundabout, and going way below the set speed. Suddenly made a wrong turn and I grabbed wheel to correct. OFF switches FSD, ON switches TACC, and since there were no cars ahead of me it suddenly accelerated up to the set speed (or would have if I had not intervened).

I agree that on highways etc is makes sense to continue with TACC on .. it's always seemed to be that Tesla need to be smarter about disengagement and drop out based on stuff like current speed etc.

Tesla FSD Renders Lane Markings - Even When None Are On The Road. This was true with 11.3.6. It no longer does this for me starting with 11.4.2. Anyone notice the same.​

Yes. I noticed recently that the visualization accurately depicts gaps in lane lines when there are breaks in the road. But it still is very good at placing lane lines when they're there but very faded.

My first drive on 11.4.3 was really good. I did a 30 mile drive yesterday across Orlando. I engaged in the driveway and disengaged when it stopped at the destination. Didn't touch a thing. So far so good.

Except for the rocking back and forth I get above 50mph... everything was pretty good.
I have to figure out what is causing that. I'll probably have to make a SC appointment.

There seems to be some scant evidence it may also read "No right on red" signs in the most recent beta, but this is just anecdotal atm (DirtyTesla has shown it seeming to honor this on 11.4.3, but we shall see...).
Not for me. I have 3 no turn on reds on my commute and it turns at all three, and coincidentally a stop except on right turn that it stops for. Lol

Reactions: drtimhill
Yes, I’ve noticed the current release will no longer make a right on red, after stopping. It just stops and waits for green.
Can I ask if it stops and creeps or just stops? I'm used to mine stopping then creeping up for visibility and I always disengage it because I'm afraid it's going to take off, but maybe it'll stop after creeping and stay stopped and I haven't given it a chance.

11.4.3 doesn't seem to be either better or worse than previous versions. It still drives in the center of unmarked roads, only to swerve and stop for an oncoming vehicle.

The car surprised me by waiting patiently and then deciding to pass a stopped garbage truck, gracefully maneuvering over the double yellow line. Then it avoided a barricaded detour which it had previously ignored, despite a wall of orange cones showing on the UI which represented the barricade. But my joy was short lived. The car then approached a green light in order to make a ULT. Instead of stopping, it decided to cut off an oncoming pickup truck. Fortunately, I had just enough time to disengage and turn to the right.

There's still 11.4.4 coming this weekend.🦴

• Informative
Reactions: Dennisis