Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:

Not a ton of miles, but so far:

-Slowed for a yellow light as I would and came to an almost complete stop. Light turned red, car proceeded to go. Disengage, obviously.

-Two roundabouts I travel regularly, completely awful now. Stopping before entering with no traffic in or around roundabout. Using accelerator to push through, stops mid roundabout. 11.4.4 had no issues with these two said roundabouts.

-Uncertainty when attempting left turns.

-Still hangs in the passing lane waaaay too long on highways, needs to move over quicker, or when the car is finished passing slower vehicles.

-Incorrect lane choices ahoy. Right lane ending, left turn upcoming, car wants to move to right lane. Absolutely no reason for this behavior, it’s literally ass backwards logic. Highway interchange I travel every day, want to take the west fork, not east, totally wrong.

Lots of disengagements so far.

Creeping does seem better. No issues with taking off after a stop sign or red light as other have reported. Acceleration seems adequate.

All in all, 11.4.4 was better than this as of yesterday.

Not a ton of miles, but so far:

-Slowed for a yellow light as I would and came to an almost complete stop. Light turned red, car proceeded to go. Disengage, obviously.

-Two roundabouts I travel regularly, completely awful now. Stopping before entering with no traffic in or around roundabout. Using accelerator to push through, stops mid roundabout. 11.4.4 had no issues with these two said roundabouts.

-Uncertainty when attempting left turns.

-Still hangs in the passing lane waaaay too long on highways, needs to move over quicker, or when the car is finished passing slower vehicles.

-Incorrect lane choices ahoy. Right lane ending, left turn upcoming, car wants to move to right lane. Absolutely no reason for this behavior, it’s literally ass backwards logic. Highway interchange I travel every day, want to take the west fork, not east, totally wrong.

Lots of disengagements so far.

Creeping does seem better. No issues with taking off after a stop sign or red light as other have reported. Acceleration seems adequate.

All in all, 11.4.4 was better than this as of yesterday.
🛑 Wasn't this much delayed 2023.11.7 release touted as being, "mind-blowing imo," by the great Charlatan?! 🤣

Not true for 11.4.7 in my 2018 m3p. Same nags, same problems at the exact same spots on my usual drives.
In my yesterday's driving post, I explained it already, but I think there are nag differences.

I have never been able to drive that piece of 4km rural road with zero nag before no matter what I try (my wife laughed watching some of my efforts 😁 ). But it happened twice yesterday.

I'll find out more tomorrow when I need to drive 40+km.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Got 11.4.7 this morning. MYLR using chill and chill on FSDb. Clear sunny weather light traffic. Worker very similar to .4.4 except at a light I have been to many times, this is the first time I had to disengage because I believed the car was going to go through the red light. The car was stopped for the light but it began to creep forward as thought it was looking for a clear space in traffic to go forward, I disengaged and reengaged when the light was green.

Test drove 11.4.7 last night and got flipped off within two miles. Car still has issues merging off highway. continued to cut the guy off. FSD matched the other guys speed. Rough ride heading home. phantom braking at a green light, didn't see anyone trying to merge.

This morning the car did well. no disengagements. Still trying to change lanes all the time. IT appeared to be practicing passing, goes left passes then came back right. did it twice. No other issues.

First drive on 11.4.7 and here are my observations:

1) Nag is still there. Without sunglasses it’s every 35-45 seconds. With sunglasses is 90-110 seconds. I guess I’m wearing sunglasses at night..;)

2) still drifts in to the right turning lane when it should stay straight. Very annoying. I’ve learned which spots this occurs and I move the car away from the far right lane ahead of time to avoid the situation.

3) severe hesitation when making left turn(blinking yellow light) with no traffic coming from opposite direction. I end up having to manually accelerate through it. There are cars from the opposite direction linenup to make a left turn so I think it mistakes them for going straight.

4) waits until last minute to get in to turning lane on city streets. Sometimes it’s not able to make the turn because there is a car in the lane next to it.

Pretty much all the same issues I’ve had on 11.4.4.

First drive on 11.4.7, more tentative. Slowed when approaching pedestrian crossing with no pedestrians and no lights. Waited until a signal turned green before putting on the indicator to make the left turn, then jerky on the turn. Stops short of intersections then guns it around the right turns. Random wipers on a clear day.

I haven't had a chance to test on the highway yet but am embarking on a 2 week 3K road trip in two weeks so hopefully it will perform well there as in the past which is my primary concern. Fingers crossed! 🤨 :)

Drove to Orlando and back today.

Still has poor lane selection, gets off the exit and gets into the lane to get back onto the highway instead of where it should go. Also lots of unnecessary lane switching.

Got random phantom braking on the interstate.

Autowipers do not turn on, despite the hurricane-ish weather in Tampa Bay Area.

More nags than before, but wasn’t able to use the sunglasses today to test the theory someone posted above.

Overall still seems like junk.