Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Last edited:
11.4.7.1.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.00.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.1 update

WholeMars: Greatest update ever and so much changed and improved over 11.4.7.1. It is so smooth and drives perfectly 999.99999% of the time now. Much better than any human on earth now. I LOVE you Elon and you are the greatest so PLEASE respond to my Xeet so I can dream about it tonight. @elonmusk

11.4.7.1.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.00.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.1 update

WholeMars: Greatest update ever and so much changed and improved over 11.4.7.1. It is so smooth and drives perfectly 999.99999% of the time now. Much better than any human on earth now. I LOVE you Elon and you are the greatest so PLEASE respond to my Xeet so I can dream about it tonight. @elonmusk
I wish we could just ban any retweets or quotes from Whole Mars, because he's a joke.

Hahahahaha. That Whole Mars guy is the shilliest shill there ever was. I secretly/not secretly believe it's Elon Musk himself. I love how he's praising the Tesla for stopping in the middle of an intersection, - something no smart human driver would ever do.
Oh, I’ve always just assumed that account is a Musk sock puppet.

Reactions: PACEMD and WilliamG
2023.27.6 just showed up on my Model S. Installing.
Took her out for a drive., set on assertive. Definitely the best yet, although not perfect by any means. HW3 by the way.

The hairpin turn that it always stops for, this time it barely stopped, and further along than ever.

It drove past a school with kids all around and cars stacked up in both directions waiting to pick up their kids. FSD maneuvered around the stopped cars on the right, went into the middle dedicated turn lane facing oncoming waiting cars, then swerved back into the proper lane. Impressive!

Then a complex intersection that it always screwed up before, it sailed right through without a hitch.

And then an odd road that takes two forced ninety degree left turns, that always caused hesitation and confusion before, this time it went through with only a bit of wide turning.

It's still way too hesitant turning onto even medium size roads, and lane selection needs improvement, but this time it was noticeably better.

Took her out for a drive., set on assertive. Definitely the best yet, although not perfect by any means. HW3 by the way.

The hairpin turn that it always stops for, this time it barely stopped, and further along than ever.

It drove past a school with kids all around and cars stacked up in both directions waiting to pick up their kids. FSD maneuvered around the stopped cars on the right, went into the middle dedicated turn lane facing oncoming waiting cars, then swerved back into the proper lane. Impressive!

Then a complex intersection that it always screwed up before, it sailed right through without a hitch.

And then an odd road that takes two forced ninety degree left turns, that always caused hesitation and confusion before, this time it went through with only a bit of wide turning.

It's still way too hesitant turning onto even medium size roads, and lane selection needs improvement, but this time it was noticeably better.
Thanks for the impressions. I can safely say I'm more excited to get more up-to-date regular software than anything FSDj in the coming months/years.

is this a Tesla?
I didn't see "your wipers will start working again " in the release notes.
Thanks a lot AI team....

I don't understand the hate on Omar. I quite like his drive videos. It saves me a lot of testing and gives me what to expect for the drive around town. I happened to live in his neighborhood.

Also, I don't understand the junk business. Last weekend I drove from LA to SF and back. I found that FSD beta is much better than NOA/AP. On my long drive on I-5, I started to think we have to learn how to use FSD and find out how to help (assist) FSD to help (assist) ourselves. I was quite happy that FSD beta handled the whole route 152 quite well. Very comfortable drive. There are just so many different road conditions (just driving on I-5, a two lane each direction freeway) that I don't think the programmer can program all of them in, especially to our liking. I started to learn what the programmers strategies and set points for just passing a slow truck in Chill setting and at 70 mph speed limit. I began to formulate my own actions to make it fit to my liking (or safer to me with my driving abilities).

Can anyone tell me why there is so little discussion about the B-pillar location? I have 3 intersections within 200 meters of my house that because of the B-pillar location I cannot use FSD until I leave the neighborhood. I've posted photos of the bushes/shrubs that block the view yet nobody else seems to care.
Why?

My guess is location. Most owners just don't have obstructed intersections like this so they don't care. V12 won't solve this. It baffles me why Tesla hasn't addressed this. Certainly HW4 doesn't. Now that you can see all the cameras it's easy now to show the lack of camera vision at certain intersections. Do the cameras see 360 degrees, yes but what good is that if the B-pillar camera view is obstructed.

Should I just stop bringing this problem up or perhaps create a new thread just for the problem? Chuck Cook has concerns as well but unless he does a video on the B-pillar problem I suspect Tesla just won't care until someone gets killed or the NHTSA forces the issue.

sorry for the rant.