Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next big milestone for FSD is 11. It is a significant upgrade and fundamental changes to several parts of the FSD stack including totally new way to train the perception NN.

From AI day and Lex Fridman interview we have a good sense of what might be included.

- Object permanence both temporal and spatial
- Moving from “bag of points” to objects in NN
- Creating a 3D vector representation of the environment all in NN
- Planner optimization using NN / Monte Carlo Tree Search (MCTS)
- Change from processed images to “photon count” / raw image
- Change from single image perception to surround video
- Merging of city, highway and parking lot stacks a.k.a. Single Stack

Lex Fridman Interview of Elon. Starting with FSD related topics.

Here is a detailed explanation of Beta 11 in "layman's language" by James Douma, interview done after Lex Podcast.

Here is the AI Day explanation by in 4 parts.

screenshot-teslamotorsclub.com-2022.01.26-21_30_17.png

Here is a useful blog post asking a few questions to Tesla about AI day. The useful part comes in comparison of Tesla's methods with Waymo and others (detailed papers linked).

Last edited:
Drove 11.4.9 again today. Clear weather and dry roads got the Nav data update yesterday. Did not have any dry wipes (about 14 miles). I have notices that when there is a vehicle crossing in front of ego it slows for the distant ones but for the closer ones does not. This has happened several times, on
one occasion I started to brake because it was very close.

Shills wouldn't put out such videos - they would self-censor them ;)

But of course he sucks up to Elon (he makes a lot of money from YT and Twitter from this sucking up). Such is the life of YT influencers.

PS : A more accurate, nuanced way to put it is he is a pro-Tesla bull. Just like a lot of other pro-Tesla YT folks.
The video looks like it was taken by a rear seat passenger, was it originally posted by wholemars or someone else?

Drove 11.4.9 again today. Clear weather and dry roads got the Nav data update yesterday. Did not have any dry wipes (about 14 miles). I have notices that when there is a vehicle crossing in front of ego it slows for the distant ones but for the closer ones does not. This has happened several times, on
one occasion I started to brake because it was very close.

I drove the same today (11.4.9 and .44 Nav update). Same 10 mile round trip to QFC and back. Since it is the holiday Season, and Xmas eve, I will try not to be too negative. In summary, this release is by far the worst of the 11.4.x bunch. Issues encountered during the short drive include:

- FSDj no longer activates on my long private road with gate, so I was unable to test gate behavior
- Mirrors no longer unfold upon exiting my driveway. Takes forever (and yes, it has a GPS signal)
- Acceleration is too aggressive - all the way up to set speed
- Barreled towards and attempted to barrel through first stop sign encountered. This has NEVER happened before - since I first started with 10.3, three years ago
- Lots of lane ping-ponging (rural, but marked, 45 mph roads)
- POOR lane selection; worst yet

+ No dry wipes
+ I'm still able to turn this junk off, and have.

I drove the same today (11.4.9 and .44 Nav update). Same 10 mile round trip to QFC and back. Since it is the holiday Season, and Xmas eve, I will try not to be too negative. In summary, this release is by far the worst of the 11.4.x bunch. Issues encountered during the short drive include:

- FSDj no longer activates on my long private road with gate, so I was unable to test gate behavior
- Mirrors no longer unfold upon exiting my driveway. Takes forever (and yes, it has a GPS signal)
- Acceleration is too aggressive - all the way up to set speed
- Barreled towards and attempted to barrel through first stop sign encountered. This has NEVER happened before - since I first started with 10.3, three years ago
- Lots of lane ping-ponging (rural, but marked, 45 mph roads)
- POOR lane selection; worst yet

+ No dry wipes
+ I'm still able to turn this junk off, and have.
Pretty much the same. Mirrors not unfolding, in a right turn lane to turn right 0.1 miles away from the turn and the car bolted very quickly to the thru lane, won’t engage in my development probably because of the gate, turning left on a side road when there’s no cars it cuts into the other lamne(taking the corner extremely short.
Wipers seem to be functional.

I heard V12 is mind blowing

Have the USS peeps noticed that the distance between cars on fsd is now being measured again and displayed?
It's been multiple versions since this feature was deactivated.
Shouldn’t you be working on your 5 hour musical light show extravaganza? lol. I expect to see this in the news hopefully not followed but a copy cat Bobbit story.

Shouldn’t you be working on your 5 hour musical light show extravaganza? lol. I expect to see this in the news hopefully not followed but a copy cat Bobbit story.
The show is completely downloaded and formatted on the USB. I did a dry run in the closed garage last night... went without a hitch.
Just to piss more people off, I have included such shows as Thriller, James Bond, and Kitt from Knight Rider. Not very festive, but that’s the point!

Didn't think about Bobbit protection, thanks for the pro tip!
Pun intended...

11.4.9 still:

-Stops 20ft from some stop signs, then just goes right ahead and pulls out making a turn without creeping to “check for visibility”

-has lane selection issues

-starts making a turn, then slows to nearly a stop in the middle of the turn

-phantom brakes

On a positive note, I did have it stop for a few stop signs it used to blow through.

11.4.9 still:

-Stops 20ft from some stop signs, then just goes right ahead and pulls out making a turn without creeping to “check for visibility”

-has lane selection issues

-starts making a turn, then slows to nearly a stop in the middle of the turn

-phantom brakes

On a positive note, I did have it stop for a few stop signs it used to blow through.

IMG_0194.gif

OK... I officially don't get it. Why do cars WITH USS NOT get high-fidelity park assist since it is currently only camera based?
Because they already have the far superior USS distance measurements and this occupies the same spot in the UI. While the 3D is kinda cool I would gladly keep the USS.

EDIT: Also I'm not sure about the so called "high fidelity" animation. IMO it should be an actual 3D picture (even if stitching misses the front bumper and some of the font fender sides).