Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD rewrite will go out on Oct 20 to limited beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I'm a hypocrite: I would never violate an NDA if I were in this select group of beta testers but I want at least a few of them to violate theirs.

The problem with the early access NDA is it seems like Elon encourages them to violate it.

There have been times where Elon himself will retweet the leak.

I'm not advocating for anyone to violate the NDA, but I am expecting a purposeful leak or an acknowledgement of a delay from Elon.

FMCW radar can apparently sense stationary objects. So a change in radar would be one way to eliminate phatom braking. I don't know how Tesla releases HW4 without most HW3 owners joining a class action lawsuit.

But I doubt Mobileye has a phantom braking problem, so perhaps there is a camera solution to that problem.

Is FMCW radar "plug compatible" with what Tesla now uses, or does it require non-trivial wiring mods?

About HW4, during Autonomy Day Musk was asked what the advantages of this were, if HW3+existing
sensors alone could (be made to) do autonomous driving. He started to answer, but then was actually coached before saying it'll be "safer". Oh, that and it's 3X faster.

Interesting concept -- that HW3 can do autonomous driving a certain factor safer
than humans (say 2X), but if HW4 can be 3X safer, you'd want that, perhaps by ditching the
old one and buying a brand new Tesla.

The subreddit mod suggests at least some of these factors are considered: "Wheel torque, accelerator push percentages, G forces, don't cut in and out of lanes, use your signal, don't run lights or stop signs." https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotor...ase_fsd_beta_to_early_access_program/g9gtcja/

Ha, like the insurance companies go off of that install the little accelerometer things.

I personally didn't buy a Tesla so I could drive like driving miss daisy. I bought it to GO!!

Reactions: DanCar
U2b9Tah.png