Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. Teslascope said it happened the other night, but at the request of the owner, they couldn't give details.

They made it seem like it was the user not paying attention.
Do you have a link to the Teslascope report of the second collision, as I can only find reference to a single collision, happening about a week after the rollout:

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
Do you have a link to the Teslascope report of the second collision, as I can only find reference to a single collision, happening about a week after the rollout:

Click on my quote and it will take you to the screen shot. It happened on March 3rd.
That is referencing the parking lot incident.
Why do you think that? They said a crash involving FSD V12 on March 3. They reported on the parking lot incident when it originally occurred in February.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
Click on my quote and it will take you to the screen shot. It happened on March 3rd.
No, it does not say that.

This is what they say:

Unfortunately, a specific incident (crash) that occurred a little under a week after the initial deployment of V12.2.1 required a full internal investigation the following day. Nobody was injured, and the vehicle experienced minor cosmetic damage. We were made aware this morning that this is the reason for the missed deployment date.

I think V12.2.1 came out about 2/19, so the collision they are talking about occurred before 2/26. Which lines up exactly with the parking lot collision that was reported on the 25th.

Why do you think that? They said a crash involving FSD V12 on March 3.
Where do they say it happened on the 3rd? That is just when they started reporting about it causing a delay in new V12 deployments/versions.

unforeseeable future makes it sound like a very long delay, why would it take so long to update 1 mistake

We waiting another 6 months to a year?

You can read back a few pages to see the issues but for certain it's not just one mistake. It's a design feature. V12 put all the burden on NN training and the NN training has never been an FSD strength. It might take a while if they need to substantially bolster training.

That's a separate tweet than I'm referring to.
You mean this one?

It is the same event. They report the delay on the 3rd because of a collision, and provide the details of the delay on the 4th saying that the collision happened about 2/25. (i.e. the parking lot incident.)

3/3 Post:
Delayed for the unforeseeable future due to a specific incident that happened. We'll be publishing more information after 2:30AM (PST) later tonight if the update hasn't gone out by then.
Follow-up on the 4th:
Recent Events:Unfortunately, a specific incident (crash) that occurred a little under a week after the initial deployment of V12.2.1 required a full internal investigation the following day. Nobody was injured, and the vehicle experienced minor cosmetic damage. We were made aware this morning that this is the reason for the missed deployment date.

You mean this one?

It is the same event. They report the delay on the 3rd because of a collision, and provide the details of the delay on the 4th saying that the collision happened about 2/25. (i.e. the parking lot incident.)

3/3 Post:

Follow-up on the 4th:
No, none of those.

This one:

1709738278099.png

• Disagree
Reactions: kabin and MP3Mike
Last edited:
I rest my hand on my leg and lightly hold the steering wheel between my thumb and forefinger. I just give it enough pressure to feel it sliding between my fingers
Exactly what I do. Works well.
It drives back roads a little more tentatively then V11. It will often times just refuse to drive at my set speed even on straightaways.
Same here. We'd hear more about this if more testers lived in rural areas with less traffic.

Have people noticed different detected speed limit behaviors with 12.2.1?
Yes. There's a spot where a sign says "End 45 MPH" and there's a "55" on the road surface. V11 got it, V12 doesn't.

It still misinterprets speed limit signs with "TRUCK" above them.

1000000833.jpg

I think I've noticed some other problems with signs. I'll pay attention to that.

Reactions: Mardak
unforeseeable future makes it sound like a very long delay
Sounds like Teslascope just doesn't know how long it'll take to address the issue. Assuming it was the parking lot crash on February 24th that "required a full internal investigation the following day," delaying 12.2.2 or 12.3 or whatever expected deployment originally scheduled for March 3rd would suggest they're still trying to address the parking lot issue as it was "the reason for the missed deployment date."

Depending on the underlying issue, Tesla could have a range of fixes such as preventing usage in parking lots, limiting end-to-end based on ultrasonics, retraining 12.x to avoid creeping into parked vehicles, etc. Perhaps the incident revealed some more fundamental issue that Tesla didn't notice earlier from smaller internal testing, or it could have been a "simple" bug of heuristics that prevented end-to-end from reversing.

James Douma: This is so good that I wonder if the AP team might not shift development approach. Up until now big improvements have required big changes. But the range of behaviors that are being effectively implemented with E2E path planning and control suggests to me that they can get the rest of the way to "better than human" solely on top of more and better data and training.

Elon: Thanks, that is an accurate assessment. Training compute is currently our limiting factor, but that issue is being resolved fast.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
You and anyone else who bought or pay for FSD via a subscription did so without a gun to your head.

It was barely useful when you purchased it. Buying something with the promise it will get better in the future, is a buyer beware situation.
It seems you are very Dissatisfied with Elon and his promises.

I would suggest you sell any Tesla's you own and go purchase another brand that has autonomous driving solved already.

Oh, sorry, they don't exist.

This is not the Fsd therapy thread. I am certain there are others on Tmc.

Take the complaints somewhere else. They don't belong here.

This thread are for people who want to share their experiences of the current software and it's abilities, good or bad, and their speculation about what direction they think it's going. If anyone wants to continually trash the state of current fsd, as long as they own a Tesla with fsd, and are speaking from first hand experiences, not youtube videos, Fire away and let the debate begin. This is not what you are arguing.

I am sorry you feel duped, I really am, but this is the wrong thread for these style complaints.
I do feel duped, and I do feel an owners foru m is the proper place for an owner to express his dissatisfaction with a product that was sold as self driving

Meanwhile, I am waiting for the promises to come true. If I am to believe the shills, Tesla. And Elon, the product I purchased full self driving, turning my car into an autonomous vehicle, is still a reality and I should have the product by the end of the year. I have the beta but not the employee and youtube version 12.

I am ready to test and criticize it
The current version of automated driver assistance, certainly is not full self driving, and is more of a headache to use then drive the car myself. For cruise control on a highway, it is OK, but so is every other driver assisted advanced cruise control. That is not what I paid for.
That is not what I am still expecting. That is not what I was promised. That is not what I am still being promised.
Cruise control became popular because it made your experience better on the road more relaxing, and was a good experience for the other drivers of other vehicles. I thought that would be the case with self driving. That was the promise, but that is not the reality.

I am still waiting for that reality, and as soon as it comes, we can stop talking about it and actually start talking about the product.

When will they define the product, and at least release the specification?

But most of all I want to express thanks for your sympathy that I feel I was duped. I’m sure you agree with me because you express no reasons why I was not duped. so again thank you and I will let you know as soon as I receive the product I paid for over five years ago.

And if it is amazing, I will sing it praises from the rooftop, and even give it a couple 🔥