Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hearing about 12.3 a lot, maybe that,s the one we will all get
i have a big road trip in 60 days, have to get the v12 before then, hoping

It won't be as relevant during a big road trip, as most of that will be on highway. V12 still uses the old stack on highway.

Despite that, V12 will be a huge delight; it'll drive you right to the front of the superchargers and through town

But in 60 days, you'll definitely get V12 unless something has gone horribly wrong :)

1710329052563.png

"Other than getting stuck when encountering trucks, semis, road closures and running stop signs...very comfortable."

Re School Zone signs

I agree the signage can be a mess.

In my own city they have installed many speeding ticket cameras in school zones to much potential income from fines (don't know how many people paid but we know how much they've billed) and have now changed all school zones to be in effect from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. M - F, September 1 to June 30. Period. (I believe but honestly my google-fu fails me, 8 different searches have turned up nothing definitive, except that the school that 21,000 tickets issued in 2022 had 22,000 issues in 2023 so obviously residents of this city are really slow learners (or all tesla drivers.)

This unified change was to stop confusion. Except, if I cannot find the speed limit anywhere while on my computer (the signs give the times on them in small print) then confusion will remain for a decade or so until we internalize this change. We do get warning signage of the presence of a camera and they are all listed on the city's website (but that fails to say what time of day they are in effect).

All this to say our changes obviously mean very little to human drivers. And it would be impossible for ADAS software to read and grok the signage. This is going to be a very hard problem to crack. The only way would be for mapping data to be fed by the city as they update their website with the list (includes from which points it is in effect) so that as the cameras are moved around, the NAV will be updated.

Reactions: sleepydoc
This doesn't track. I think we've gone over this before. There's no reason for Tesla to be "training" anywhere when they have millions of cars on the road they can extract data from.

What you're saying makes much less sense though. There's no reason for Tesla to be spending resources on manually training a single maneuver for V12 during daylight hours in decent weather as Chuck's posts have shown

Tesla has a fleet of millions of cars, there's no reason they can't collect complicated unprotected lefts from real drivers at all times of day, in any weather

And what you're saying is all speculation (whereas mine is based on what Elon and Ashok and etc have said)

Never once has Tesla said they have employed drivers out there providing training data for V12, lemme know if you have other evidence

At this point, I'm more correct

Also, I already told you that testing is different than training
It was certainly a hill that you were willing to die on.

That TeslaAiGirl was all kinda fishy:

1) Out of nowhere new V12.3 user
2) Claims to have had older V12s
3) Unclear Tesla employee connection
4) Got 12.3 before all Tesla employees got it?
5) Posts her first ever FSD drive on 12.3?
Here's what went through my head momentarily.
  1. I have V12 and almost no one else does
  2. I could post some videos and everyone would watch them
  3. I would become rich and famous
I think that's what went through her head, except for #1. IOW, perhaps she shot vids with 12.2 or even 11 and just pretended it was 12.3.

Uh huh, and nothing I said there was wrong
Except all of it.

We went over this. They had drivers manually driving for weeks as Chuck pointed out, then what looked like FSD driving. There have been drivers there for months testing and training almost daily...which Elon confirmed.

But of course, there's no reason for them to be training anywhere, because they will just pull data from cars. Tesla isn't hiring drivers to test/validate FSD, and on and on.

You couldn't have been more wrong.

Here's what went through my head momentarily.
  1. I have V12 and almost no one else does
  2. I could post some videos and everyone would watch them
  3. I would become rich and famous
I think that's what went through her head, except for #1. IOW, perhaps she shot vids with 12.2 or even 11 and just pretended it was 12.3.
The web is toxic, you skipped this step:
2.5 Get harrassed to the point it's not worth it

Given Elon replied to their post, they may very well have 12.3

Except all of it.

We went over this. They had drivers manually driving for weeks as Chuck pointed out, then what looked like FSD driving. There have been drivers there for months testing and training almost daily...which Elon confirmed.

But of course, there's no reason for them to be training anywhere, because they will just pull data from cars. Tesla isn't hiring drivers to test/validate FSD, and on and on.

You couldn't have been more wrong.

Yea except even chuck thought it was for validation in his post today. You say that they had drivers manually driving for weeks, but Chuck didn't know that (Chuck even said so himself that he didn't know). Nobody knew for sure until Elon confirmed it today. That was my point:

Before Elon confirmed, Chuck posted:

Yea except even chuck thought it was for validation in his post today. You say that they had drivers manually driving for weeks, but Chuck didn't know that. Nobody knew for sure until Elon confirmed it today. That was my point:

Chuck said it in a Youtube video. He was showing his drone camera and said, "That absolutely looks like manual driving there". This was back in December.