Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
most of the latest wave is coming from 2023.44.30.8, which includes HW4 vehicles (whereas .14 did not go to HW4 vehicles)
Aha, all of the most recent sixteen reported TeslaFi subscriber installations of 2023.44.30.25 are listed as HW4 vehicles. These may all be from the latest wave (ripple?) as they completed installation between 5:18 and 5:44 p.m. Big boost for HW4 representation.

Went through a large neighborhood (Virginia Highlands) and went over dozens of speed bumps. It saw and slowed for every single one. A couple with the chevrons mostly missing. Something V11 & V10 NEVER did.
Leaving my local Walmart, there's a concrete slab that has sunk a couple inches below the next slab, creating a step up. 12.3 slows down like this is a speed bump and takes it gently. Very nice!

Just to add this is actually a pedestrian crossing but it is actually higher than most speed bumps. For some reason V10/11 never saw it (maybe because it is white) or slowed and had a 100% disengagement rate (unless there was a ped crossing). V12 sees it and slows to the perfect speed.

Downside for the first time in MONTHS I had 3 MFing dry wipes in a row. Hope this isn't a reoccurring issue.

IMG_4594 (1).jpeg

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Didn't get this wave :( I think this is now the longest I've went without an update on my car. It's been over 3 months since the last one.
TeslaFi total numbers for 12.3 are now up to ~750 from ~675, so indeed relatively small. Teslascope shows most of the latest wave is coming from 2023.44.30.8, which includes HW4 vehicles (whereas .14 did not go to HW4 vehicles), so one guess is increasing the HW4 rollout from 1% to 15%?
Edit- Just saw a car from Massachusetts get V12. Yahoo!! Getting Closer
So now the question to Tesla is why wasn't I first. Probably somebody with the last name of Kennedy got it!!

I have 2023.44.30.8 with HW4 but I guess living in the Northeast pretty much disqualifies me :)
5 cars so far for the Northeast.
2 cars for New Jersey, 1 car for New Hampshire, RI and Vermont, and no cars for Conn, Mass, Maine, Penn and New York per TeslaFi.

Last edited:
Went through a large neighborhood (Virginia Highlands) and went over dozens of speed bumps. It saw and slowed for every single one. A couple with the chevrons mostly missing. Something V11 & V10 NEVER did.
I’m having the same success with this build. I’ve made 4 substantial drives off interstate roads totalling 187 miles the last two days and I’ve had one disengagement on a route change I made.

I love the auto speed. Tap the accelerator to pick it up or just leave it, either way is fine with me. This version is such a welcome surprise. Sht, it even handled my development gate both ways like a driver would. So that’s new.

Makes me feel like the purchase was worth it. And no, I’ve been no fanboi

I’m having the same success with this build. I’ve made 4 substantial drives off interstate roads totalling 187 miles the last two days and I’ve had one disengagement on a route change I made.

I love the auto speed. Tap the accelerator to pick it up or just leave it, either way is fine with me. This version is such a welcome surprise. Sht, it even handled my development gate both ways like a driver would. So that’s new.

Makes me feel like the purchase was worth it. And no, I’ve been no fanboi
V11 handled my community gates very well except at night. V12 has actually accelerated towards the gate twice so far here.

No Pennsylvania yet, wonder if there’s some threshold that once hit, dictates a state can be released?

Same with Maryland. And we:

1. Border Virginia, which has been a large part of the current rollout.
2. Have a pretty large number of Teslas (if the rollout is based on training data).

So there may be a third, unobserved variable, like the number of Tesla employees collecting training data in the state.

Reactions: edseloh
Is Tesla sending V12 only to "experienced" testers? Whatever that means.

11.4.9 has been sent to everybody, it seems, including those who have not yet paid forFSD and/or were not part of the early testers who had passed the safety score threshold.

But 12 appears to be going only to folks who had FSD V11 prior to 11.4.9. All of the updates to 12.x so far are from 2023.44.30 or before, of course, because 12.3 is 2023.44.25, and there is no "backdating".

But that means that none of these cars had been updated past 2023.44.16 in spite of the fact that there have been 9 updates since then. None of the 12.x cars received any of them. I'm not complaining, but why is this so?

I, for one, did not get invited to download any of those updates before the notice came that 12.2.1 was available. Many of the 10,000 TelsaFi folks who have updated to 2024.2.7 (11.4.9) were previously on 2023.44.30.14 or earlier, but almost all already had 11.4.9.

This all seems to suggest that Tesla is keeping a list of some set of early testers. Also it suggests that many of the 5,000 or so folks still on 2023.44.30.14 or earlier may well be on the list and may be updated to V12 soon, assuming it continues to roll out soon.

Again, I am not complaining. This all makes complete sense, to send it to experienced testers first. But when the production branch and FSD beta branch were merged with 11.4.9, there was some thought that the Beta program was over.

Can't find the post, but someone said that if you drive over your max speed when you engage FSD, it will stay at that speed instead of driving too slowly.

Tried that today, and it works, but only temporarily (a minute or two). Sometimes when it went back to slow driving, I'd disengage, speed up, and re-engage. Not really worth it.

I have two profiles, one with FSD, one with AP, and I switch back and forth depending one the road and whether there's a lead car.