Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I let my car take me through downtown Dallas at midday today. Very impressive. This alien technology makes driving look simple. I did have one disengagement when the car got too close to a curb while just driving down a street. It might not have curbed the wheels, but I took no chances.

Dallas is not like NYC, but still tougher than my average suburban route, so great job, FSD!

Prior to Downtown, I had two other disengagements. One was an attempt to make a u-turn where one was prohibited. The car had plenty of room and low traffic, so it would have made it successfully. But, we should encorage bad behavior.

The other disengagement was at some construction, where the lanes had been changed. The car ended up in the wrong lane at a light and couldn't figure out what to do after clearing the intersection. With traffic behind me, I decided not to wait for the car to figure it out and took over.

Ran V11 on limited access in and out of Downtown like a demon possessed (in a good way). V11 has been sublime for me on busy interstates. Must be its Cali roots.

Anyway, great time watching the car drive.

Got the notice overnight for our late '23 MY, installed early this AM.

Have not had any trips with FSD 11 without many disengagements for the same host of reasons others have had.

Yesterday afternoon was the last straw, and as I mashed the voice feedback for the "what happened?" notice, I screamed what happened was I don't have 12.3, that's what happened, and it's driving erratically, and I need 12.3! I'd like to think that's why I now have 12.3. My story, and I'm sticking with it.

One trip to pick up groceries and it was a mixed bag. MUCH, by far, better than earlier releases, but same speed issues as others noticed. A few bad lane selections which I had to interviene for, but so far impressed. Will have to make a few runs non highway where I always used FSD before to get a better feel for 12.3.

But overall, with just one drive, very impressed.

EDIT: typo's

May I join this terrible party? lol. I am hoping to get it soon. I would like V12 right meow.
16:00 - 17:00 EST (13:00 - 1400 PST)

&

01:00 - 02:00 EST (22:00 - 23:00 PST)

If this pattern continues then tonight we will have another chance...

I'd just be thankful your car didn't get banished to 2024 FW versions. I have a friend that outright bought FSD for his M3 and went from Holiday -> .14 ->2024 Version. So it's not just vertical screens or older S/X.

Reactions: hey8you
often within a car length or less at 45 mph
Haven’t seen this except when squeezing in.
don’t think I’ve ever seen you this positive!
I haven’t been! It’s the incremental change I expected. But a slightly bigger increment than expected, haha. And the driving style has changed in a welcome way.

should be imminently fixable.
“Should be” doing a lot of work here. We’ll see. FSD has been unable to anticipate stopped traffic for years, so I am skeptical, until Tesla reliably fixes the problems. Show me, and then I will believe it. We have not yet had an opportunity to see whether Tesla can make it better - a key capability claim of this new approach.

As I have made clear, it still has problems. My test case is well marked the whole way, and mostly just a straight road with no forks or merges, with traffic lights.

But so far, encouraging.

many people who monitor this thread know you have your own criteria for stopping none of which makes much sense to the rest of us :)
I guarantee you that people will not like the stopping behavior.

I do not have a large enough sample size of situations to say whether or not the brake slamarama rate is reduced from v11 (a separate but related issue to the weird stopping behavior). It definitely can do it, but it is possibly less frequent. Not sure yet.

I must've upset someone, still no 12.3 for me. Whoever I've wronged... I'm sorry.
I suspect this latest wave is increasing the 1% rollout to 30% for the states that have not gotten to that phase yet. Because you're in California, it's already at a later phase, but hopefully it'll move to the next phase, e.g., 1% -> 30% -> 60% -> 100%? Initial installs show it's newly detected on TeslaFi for Wisconsin, Tennessee, Iowa, Kentucky, Hawaii, Puerto Rico. Also, unclear why it seems to only have added 3/Y HW3.

lmao can we get this type of wave action going for 12.3 plz

1710884803129.png

Reactions: j0shm1lls
16:00 - 17:00 EST (13:00 - 1400 PST)

&

01:00 - 02:00 EST (22:00 - 23:00 PST)

If this pattern continues then tonight we will have another chance...

I'd just be thankful your car didn't get banished to 2024 FW versions. I have a friend that outright bought FSD for his M3 and went from Holiday -> .14 ->2024 Version. So it's not just vertical screens or older S/X.
I am happy that it didn't get moved to 2024 version. Today is my Sunday so I guess I'll get drunk while I wait.

How big is this update? I noticed my car was awake, but charging had finished hours ago. I then checked my router and can see my car has downloaded over 360 MB in the last hour, and it's still going. When I hit the software screen in my car, it says "up to date"
Answering my own question. My car downloaded 2.6 gb. And I'm now installing 12.3