Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You just have to stop behind the line. Not five or ten feet behind it. This is a new behavior and it is very weird. You can also see it in Chuck’s overhead videos to an extent.
View attachment 1030381

Last night as mentioned it stopped basically a full car length behind a stop line. No idea why.
I haven’t experienced it stopping significantly before the line - simply that it brakes a bit harder at first then more slowly so it approaches the stoping point at a slower speed. It isn’t how I would normally brake but it’s quite comfortable.

One thing it does do when leaving our neighborhood (which may be one of your complaints) is do its NHTSA stop before the line, then proceed to slowly creep out, sometimes stopping again before turning on to the 40MPH feeder road. This is despite the fact that it has a completely clear field of view at the original stopping point.

I haven’t experienced it stopping significantly before the line
With a bit more driving you’ll find it does. It is inconsistent. As you can see from Chuck’s videos for example. Sometimes nearly to the line, sometimes 4-5 feet behind.
One thing it does do when leaving our neighborhood (which may be one of your complaints) is do its NHTSA stop before the line, then proceed to slowly creep out, sometimes stopping again before turning on to the 40MPH feeder road. This is despite the fact that it has a completely clear field of view at the original stopping point.
Yep. Pretty annoying. Even worse when visibility is obstructed of course. V11 had a lot of similar behavior though the pattern is different now.

An update on multilane traffic roundabouts. 12.3 does marvelously in even heavy traffic when exiting the roundabout's 1st exit (right turn equivalent) and 2nd exit (straight equivalent) because it stays in the outer lane. However, when exiting the 3rd exit (left turn equivalent) it becomes a blubbering mess. Before entering the roundabout, it first signals a left turn, then it swerves into the inner lane where it stays until it tries to exit. Then it puts on its right turn signal and cuts off all the traffic in the outer lanes. Admittedly, multilane roundabouts are a dumb design and further, most US drivers don't understand them. With regard to roundabouts, FSD seems to rely on Catch 22. If everyone else drives poorly in a roundabout, I'd be a fool to do otherwise.
That sounds exactly like what it's supposed to do (based on our two lane roundabout).
It shouldn't have the opportunity to cut anyone off because the right/ outer lane should be going straight (same direction as you) and entering traffic needs to yeild to you.

Reactions: primedive
I'm just waiting on the next wave...
View attachment 1030780
1711139095288-png.1030780

Hey, what are you doing with MY beaver 🦫 at the beach ⛱️ ???
Time to call my lawyer....

Last edited:
That sounds exactly like what it's supposed to do (based on our two lane roundabout).
It shouldn't have the opportunity to cut anyone off because the right/ outer lane should be going straight (same direction as you) and entering traffic needs to yeild to you.
The fundamental problem with two lane roundabouts is that there is a built in point of conflict/collision. If a car is traveling north in the center lane going straight through and another car enters from the east traveling straight through to the west they will collide as indicated below.

IMG_0319.jpeg

Assuming everyone else is following the proper use of the traffic circle, you should absolutely have the right of way to exit from the inner lane on the third exit. However, if it is like ours people are terrified of the inner lane and often use the outer lane to go three quarters of the circle, thus violating your right of way.

The fundamental problem with two lane roundabouts is that there is a built in point of conflict/collision. If a car is traveling north in the center lane going straight through and another car enters from the east traveling straight through to the west they will collide as indicated below.

View attachment 1030785
incorrect, the car entering on the yellow line cannot enter the circle as it violates the right of way of the blue line.

• Informative
Reactions: mongo and old pilot
As I stated in my post 6803 early today lane selection is abominable in v12. While the speed is aggravating to me lane selection is far worse and needs desperate attention.
End to end, I thought? No driver enters the turn lane at 65 mph that ends into a concrete barrier.

It's the same code in V11 that simply follows the lane lines...it's frustrating and it surprised me because I made the incorrect assumption that would be fixed.

View attachment 1030785
The fundamental problem is people don't know how to drive...
Yellow should never proceed if there is a vehicle in the outer lane and must only enter with intent to go straight after blue has committed to continuing on to the next outlet.