Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do this pretty frequently when doing quick around-the-town chores. I enable MLC, and just don't put a destination in nav. I enable FSD Beta in a lane and it just stays in that lane, handling the driving for me. When I need to make a turn, as long as the turn lane is dedicated, I use the turn signal manually to move into that lane, and the car makes the turn for me.
I tried to do that, but I can not get out of my neighborhood. My first turn is a T intersection. FSD always select the wrong turn!!!!

Some streets have pot holes after so much rain. I have a hard time changing my navigation route to avoid them.

😂

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
Honest Review: BMW Parking Package. Is it worth it to add to FSD?

Here is my objective and fact based literal review of the Tesla add on BMW parking package. Is it worth the $500 extra and does it park as well as most BMW drivers. The answer is YES and YES. I even had a BMW driver pull up as I was taking pic and asked me "how the hell did you park so good?". He could not believe a Tesla could park better than a BMW. I lied and told him I went to BMW driving school.

IMG_4614.jpeg

Every future roundabout poster will be put on ignore.

The horse 🐎 is dead.

Stop beating it...

Except for @mongo and @Todd Burch , your insights are too valuable to miss.

For you new users or people that don't know. Check out those 2 reactions scores.
You don't get that high without being very valuable to Tmc...

However @j0shm1lls ... you are history bro... V11 still?
🤣 🤣

Last edited:
Is anyone having map route problems since 12.3? I used to be able to touch the screen on an alternate street on the map to reroute my preferred way to go (not an alternate route offered by software) instead of pushing the breaks and manually going the direction for a redirect. This worked in the past only on the full route view.
1711211797458.png

• Informative
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I tried to do that, but I can not get out of my neighborhood. My first turn is a T intersection. FSD always select the wrong turn!!!!

Some streets have pot holes after so much rain. I have a hard time changing my navigation route to avoid them.

😂
This is why I’m hoping a future FSD can be more relaxed about the tension it puts on the wheel. If it’s a driver assist, then let the driver assist it too.

First drive 2023 Model X FSD 12.3.

Queens NYC evening hours.

We experienced fine driving that I have never seen from any FSD. Winding through residential streets and four way stops signs, the car had to deal with narrow passage after narrow passage that required interactions with human drivers either to pull to the side or to reciprocate and pull to the side itself. Dealt with giant cars and trucks of all varieties.

The who family was impressed on our way to our Friday night restaurant destination.

We arrived at the final obstacle, a tight two way on a stoplight before it would finally open up to the boulevard the restaurant was located on. First a massive F150 barrels towards us. FSD pulled over tight to the right while inching forward and the F150 cleared slowly. We continued to inch forward as a smaller car followed. The whole time I am staring at the rear view mirrors on the right side which we are barely clearing.

The next mirror was incredibly tight and I feared that we might clip it. But I deferred to what had been the flawless FSD so far. After all, clearances are something a machine should have a terrific handle on, right?

Needless to say, we clipped the rear view mirror. Both mirror were on hinges, so ours gave way while the other one bent back. There was no more than an inch overlap, probably less. There was no damage in the end that I could see.

A FSD drive that ends in car impact (however slight) can only be a FAIL. The most disappointing part of it was that the smaller car on the left definitely allowed for us to pull to the left a few inches after the large car had cleared, but the FSD did no such thing.

I received the 12.3 on my FSD overnight on my M3 which is my primary driver, so I will continue to test it eagerly. But palpable disappointment hung over us as we sat to eat an excellent meal. The drive until that point had been that of an above average human driver.

My children wanted to know how the computer could have possibly failed at gauging distances. Surely it is aware of its wingspan down to the millimeter? The only answer I had was that the car is indeed 100% driven by vision, and like a human, its vision failed at judging the mirror distances correctly.

I do this pretty frequently when doing quick around-the-town chores. I enable MLC, and just don't put a destination in nav. I enable FSD Beta in a lane and it just stays in that lane, handling the driving for me. When I need to make a turn, as long as the turn lane is dedicated, I use the turn signal manually to move into that lane, and the car makes the turn for me.
I used to do this earlier on, since it's convenient to just engage without entering a destination, using it as a sort of advanced cruise control. But got myself into trouble twice because I expected the car to make a turn, forgetting that I left it without a destination. Sounds silly I know but I think they could do something to make it more noticeable when you are in destination-less self driving. It's easy to forget after a long stretch of straight driving.

The next mirror was incredibly tight and I feared that we might clip it. But I deferred to what had been the flawless FSD so far. After all, clearances are something a machine should have a terrific handle on, right?

Needless to say, we clipped the rear view mirror. Both mirror were on hinges, so ours gave way while the other one bent back. There was no more than an inch overlap, probably less. There was no damage in the end that I could see.
I'm disappointed it didn't fold its mirrors to help squeeze through. I've seen v11 videos where it will do that. Thank you for sharing and reminding us that despite how well it works most of the time, it's still capable of making costly mistakes. It's easy to have too much confidence in the car sometimes. A combination of previous successes and an optimism of wanting it to succeed.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
man… 12.3 is REALLY good. Yes there are some issues like auto max speed but overall this is a significant improvement. The only interventions I have now are speed related and even those are tolerable. I have had many drives now where there have been zero interventions.

I’ve also seen scenarios where FSD has exhibited what I would call advanced driving logic. Hard to explain exactly but I’ve seen it when making left turns with on-coming traffic making a left turn at the same Intersection. The on-coming car will put their left blinker on and begin to go in to turn lane and FSD recognizes this and will continue to make the left turn knowing the car is not continuing a straight path. I’ve seen other events like this and it definitely makes the experience more human like.

I am getting some sort of caution message under driving visualization where it typically notifies you when FSD is degraded due to weather. It’s not that message but something else that I can’t read becuse it appears so fast and disappears. Anyone else seeing this?

Another issue I’ve had twice now is FSD does not always follow the route specified. It will go off route and then eventually corrects itself.

Overall 12.3 has been a huge improvement. If it’s not L3 capable it’s dam close to it.

Every future roundabout poster will be put on ignore.

The horse 🐎 is dead.

Stop beating it...

Except for @mongo and @Todd Burch , your insights are too valuable to miss.

For you new users or people that don't know. Check out those 2 reactions scores.
You don't get that high without being very valuable to Tmc...

However @j0shm1lls ... you are history bro... V11 still?
🤣 🤣
Lol I’ll provide insight if I ever get FSDv12.

It seems there have been some issue with pushing v12 to HW4 vehicles so I’m waiting as patiently as I can…

man… 12.3 is REALLY good. Yes there are some issues like auto max speed but overall this is a significant improvement. The only interventions I have now are speed related and even those are tolerable. I have had many drives now where there have been zero interventions.

I’ve also seen scenarios where FSD has exhibited what I would call advanced driving logic. Hard to explain exactly but I’ve seen it when making left turns with on-coming traffic making a left turn at the same Intersection. The on-coming car will put their left blinker on and begin to go in to turn lane and FSD recognizes this and will continue to make the left turn knowing the car is not continuing a straight path. I’ve seen other events like this and it definitely makes the experience more human like.

I am getting some sort of caution message under driving visualization where it typically notifies you when FSD is degraded due to weather. It’s not that message but something else that I can’t read becuse it appears so fast and disappears. Anyone else seeing this?

Another issue I’ve had twice now is FSD does not always follow the route specified. It will go off route and then eventually corrects itself.

Overall 12.3 has been a huge improvement. If it’s not L3 capable it’s dam close to it.
A message with no message, can’t say I have seen it.

I'm disappointed it didn't fold its mirrors to help squeeze through. I've seen v11 videos where it will do that. Thank you for sharing and reminding us that despite how well it works most of the time, it's still capable of making costly mistakes. It's easy to have too much confidence in the car sometimes. A combination of previous successes and an optimism of wanting it to succeed.
Yes! Likewise. Why not fold the mirror?

To add to the previous review, I thought the speeds were actually spot on. A little slow for some perhaps, but crowded residential streets deserve a leisurely pace.

Reactions: Joboo7777
Yes! Likewise. Why not fold the mirror?

To add to the previous review, I thought the speeds were actually spot on. A little slow for some perhaps, but crowded residential streets deserve a leisurely pace.
Although I’ve found auto speed too slow, I would agree that it has been more than acceptable in dense residential areas. I live it a fairly large community where there is a lot of outdoor activity(children playing, people riding bikes, etc.) so I would rather keep it on the slow side. The speed limit on these type of streets is 30 but even that feels too fast sometimes. Where I would like to see improvement is when I’ve exited the community and city streets are anywhere from 45-55 and in some cases can reach 60-65. For now I just give it a-little nudge which is fine by me.

be careful on left turns with a FedEx type truck sticking out it will not make it wide enough. You’ll have to disengage. also, it kind of baffles me that during internal testing the speed issue wasn’t a glaring issue that they wanted to fix before they released the software. I think that’s kind of shortcutting on their end but yes overall 12.3 is much better.