Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once the speed is fixed, my next major disengagement cause is ironically going to be stuff like this:
View attachment 1031563
There are a HUGE number of shockingly bad routing errors in the mapping near my house. We need a way to report and fix these.

For the record, a U-turn at this intersection would not only be illegal, but would possibly result in your untimely premature death--if not from a car accident, than from the resulting road rage.
But that isn't an FSD issue. (Assuming that the navigation does that even when you aren't using AP/FSD.)

If that’s response to a bad situation, why does it take 3-5 seconds to start moving again at a four way stop?

I should add, with NO other vehicles at the other three stop signs. ;-)

Yep, sometimes it's even closer to 10 secs and you're in the intersection with your pants down so to speak. Gawd only knows what's going on but so far there's not as much end2end traction as was promised at least with intersection stop signs. V12 still stops early, creeps, and is indecisive just not as bad. At best v12 put some lipstick on it. Maybe once v12 is optimized for HW4 we can possibly rule things out.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Once the speed is fixed, my next major disengagement cause is ironically going to be stuff like this:
View attachment 1031563
There are a HUGE number of shockingly bad routing errors in the mapping near my house. We need a way to report and fix these.

For the record, a U-turn at this intersection would not only be illegal, but would possibly result in your untimely premature death--if not from a car accident, than from the resulting road rage.
Fortunately (or unfortunately) this is due to the mapping/NAV software, not FSD s out should be easier to fix.

Just installing FSD 12.3.1 now.
Look forward to your assessments of the “fixes.” Sadly they haven’t spoken of fixing the stopping and going (only addressing the maintaining), so I do not expect much there.

This release of 12.3.1 bodes poorly for my bet with @Daniel in SD.

Chuck did not ever get to 10 attempts on 12.3, so we reset the clock assuming he gets it again soon. But this time it (presumably?) has all that new training data.
I’m just hoping he gives it more challenging scenarios and has enough time to do these videos, with CyberChuck now in the picture.

I could bail from the bet too. That is probably what I should do, but I am playing with house money.
🍺

Did anyone here re-calibrate their cameras on 12.3?

Might hold off until ASS and Banish, but saw a report that the vision assist was better on 12.3.
I did. I had done a system reset a few days prior to getting 12.3 and the cameras weren't recalibrated fully (92%). Seemed to be taking longer than it should so I initiated another reset. Probably a mistake. It takes a lot of miles to recalibrate for Beta. Maybe 80 miles total? Well marked straight road with adjacent lanes. System works fine now.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Fortunately (or unfortunately) this is due to the mapping/NAV software, not FSD s out should be easier to fix.
Imagine if Tesla allowed us users to fix mapping issues via some sort of Tesla portal. Crowdsourcing could have most mapping issues in the world fixed really quickly, knowing the technical acuity of most of Tesla's customer base!

Auto speed is a little too conservative for me, would like it to go a bit faster. Also, if you turn off autospeed, it just shows a max speed it can go. I used to be able to set it 12% over posted speed, I have it set to that but it does not work, so I keep it on autospeed. I just have to accelerate it a little bit at times, but it seems to be choosing a safe speed.

Auto speed is a little too conservative for me, would like it to go a bit faster. Also, if you turn off autospeed, it just shows a max speed it can go. I used to be able to set it 12% over posted speed, I have it set to that but it does not work, so I keep it on autospeed. I just have to accelerate it a little bit at times, but it seems to be choosing a safe speed.
Just download 12.3.1. 🤔 🤣

Did some driving today. Im impressed on how it handled the parking area at my condo complex. V11 would show 15mph while doing 17+mph. Speed limit is 5mph. It would also nail speed bumps to show its dominance. Now on V12, it shows 5mph(posted speed). It went 8mph but slowed for the speed bumps.

Reactions: cyborgLIS