Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, those reactions were both pretty poor. Better late than never I suppose.

Posting examples of poor FSD performance will never get old.

One of these days it will finally be superhuman.
I seriously hope you 2 are joking.

How many people are fully paying attention behind the wheel??

It likely saved at least a serious collision.

Don't believe me, next time you're in the passenger seat watch how many drivers are
staring at their phone while driving in the city, on the highway, and at lights when the lights turn green and the driver doesn't notice and someone has to honk to get their attention.

Want a few real world video examples of inattentive drivers smashing into innocent people? Watch a few episodes of wham bam teslacam.

Any system that has the ability to eliminate or reduce the chance of a collision is better for everyone.

It might just be your bacon ADAS saves one day.

In the first one, that's a rather slow move by the truck and seems like an overreaction on the part of ego. Seems like almost all human drivers (as long as they're paying some attention) would be able to respond to that slow of a lane change without the sudden jerk.
I have a clip where I was almost killed by a driver overtaking where there wasn’t room. The video doesn’t remotely show the danger I felt in. I would say the car did a fantastic job and he feels like it saved him.

you better believe at 4:08pm PST I'm running out to the X to check for updates.
Well... There was an update. Just not the one I wanted.
1000004529.jpg
1000004547.jpg

Because if the data is not released by Tesla in a transparent, verifiable manner, we have to take their word for it. I wont take anyone's word for anything. I'll look at peer reviewed studies by independent 3rd parties, and then check them myself.

Without the data it will feel perfect, but could still be more dangerous than my 90yr old mom.
But, what if the data is released by Tesla? This links to data through Q4 2023.

But, what if the data is released by Tesla? This links to data through Q4 2023.

Aha, so this is probably what I was remembering. Isn't it legit, as long as you understand it's not referring to unsupervised operation?

I seriously hope you 2 are joking.

How many people are fully paying attention behind the wheel??

It likely saved at least a serious collision.

Don't believe me, next time you're in the passenger seat watch how many drivers are
staring at their phone while driving in the city, on the highway, and at lights when the lights turn green and the driver doesn't notice and someone has to honk to get their attention.

Want a few real world video examples of inattentive drivers smashing into innocent people? Watch a few episodes of wham bam teslacam.

Any system that has the ability to eliminate or reduce the chance of a collision is better for everyone.

It might just be your bacon ADAS saves one day.
I’m not opposed to a system that avoids collisions. As I made very clear, I was commenting on the poor reaction time in both cases.

That could make a huge difference in a more difficult situation.

It is important to compare against BEST human performance. This is a common error that people seem to make when thinking about the quality of these systems. Remember, you can easily conceive of a system that is far better than the worst human driver which dramatically increases overall collision rates when used by everyone. You have to account for the extremely large (unknown) number of collisions avoided by expert human performance.

I am absolutely NOT saying that FSD does not prevent accidents or “save people’s bacon.” Even in its current state it can and does do that.

Aha, so this is probably what I was remembering. Isn't it legit, as long as you understand it's not referring to unsupervised operation?
Yes and before anyone implies that Tesla could of, or did fudge those numbers.
Know the SEC is on them 24 hours a day. Any slight exaggeration and you would be hearing about it from all the mainstream media about how Tesla is engaging in Fraud.
Then multiple investigations would start. Executives would be criminally charged.

Reactions: Pdubs
I couldn't give you a thumbs down, since I reserve those for only extreme responses, and people who I hit ignore 2 seconds after the thumbs down.
So, Booooo to you!
Keep the hope alive... be a believer man, come on!!!
There could be some Tesla employee in Northern Alaska reading those...
Don't worry, they save all of those emails in a massive WOM, with is techie speak for write only memory. ;-)