Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good work! How did you locate that intersection?
Saw a sign for MacArthur detour and the 55 onramp so I knew it must be near there.
It seems like it was able to see this car just fine.
Yeah, It's popping in and out of the visualization (maybe end-to-end still hasn't achieved object permanence). I guess I was thinking in general the best view of oncoming traffic when make an unprotected left turn is achieved by directly facing it and looking out the left hand side of the windshield.

Reactions: SidetrackedSue
How have they not fixed lane changes yet. The car turns on the blinker when there is a car in the right lane slightly behind you then turns it off and tries over and over. In NJ nobody lets you in cus of a blinker. Way too passive of a driving type, I have to turn minimal lane changes on every time to stop this.

I received 12.3.2.1 on Friday and did my test run. The results can be found here FSD Test

During this test route my car pulled straight into the side of perpendicular vehicle in an effort to squeeze into slow traffic at an uncontrolled intersection, it proceeded towards the back of a reversing garbage truck, it attempted to merge directly into a pickup truck as two lanes were converging, and it accelerated so hard towards the back of a stopped vehicle that it set off its own forward collision warning. That’s a new one. The garbage truck wasn’t a real collision risk but two of the other events would have resulted in a crunch had I not intervened.

If the speed control situation has been improved it’s a minor correction at best, it almost feels worse.

I did some driving around Huntington Beach yesterday and FSDb performed similarly. It did a few jaw dropping things, solved some long standing problems, and did some truly dumb stuff. The parking thing is neat and has worked well for perpendicular parking but not parallel; it reliably parks in parking lot spaces but banged into a curb in its first effort to parallel park and nudged about two inches from the bumper of the vehicle ahead of it despite having about ten car lengths free behind it. The interface is very cool.

Anyway, a million robotaxis any day now and so on. On to 12.4…

Yeah, It's popping in and out of the visualization (maybe end-to-end still hasn't achieved object permanence)
Visualizations don’t mean much apparently for e2e (no idea what relationship they have). But I was just using it as a confirmation that the cameras actually had a view of the vehicle.

No idea what e2e actually acted on. But seeing the vehicle did not seem to be an issue.

No idea about permanence.

Last edited:
Reactions: FSDtester#1
I received 12.3.2.1 on Friday and did my test run. The results can be found here FSD Test

During this test route my car pulled straight into the side of perpendicular vehicle in an effort to squeeze into slow traffic at an uncontrolled intersection, it proceeded towards the back of a reversing garbage truck, it attempted to merge directly into a pickup truck as two lanes were converging, and it accelerated so hard towards the back of a stopped vehicle that it set off its own forward collision warning. That’s a new one. The garbage truck wasn’t a real collision risk but two of the other events would have resulted in a crunch had I not intervened.

If the speed control situation has been improved it’s a minor correction at best, it almost feels worse.

I did some driving around Huntington Beach yesterday and FSDb performed similarly. It did a few jaw dropping things, solved some long standing problems, and did some truly dumb stuff. The parking thing is neat and has worked well for perpendicular parking but not parallel; it reliably parks in parking lot spaces but banged into a curb in its first effort to parallel park and nudged about two inches from the bumper of the vehicle ahead of it despite having about ten car lengths free behind it. The interface is very cool.

Anyway, a million robotaxis any day now and so on. On to 12.4…
Seems like if it weren't for the impending crappy delivery and then ER numbers, this wouldn't have gone wide yet? It's a double-edged sword, though... on the plus side, we get V12 sooner to play with and we get the FSD team working really, really hard to have it not all end up being a humiliating chapter for Tesla. You know they've gotta be busting ASS like crazy right now.

On the minus side, it's a bit like a premature baby. Except, unfortunately, in this case growing up isn't going to be guided by highly evolved genetic structure. It has to be engineered.

Last edited:
So I'm trying to figure out why you're feeling so victimized by this. I'm "stuck" on 12.3 too, and I don't give a Stevia. If intermediate rollouts get halted, they've got "feaures" I don't want. I am so happy with finally (thank God) seeing actual progress. I'm sure not hearing anything about 12.3.2.3.1.2.2.1 that excites me. When something finally reaches me, there'll much more likely be something to celebrate than there would've been in the aborted versions.
Couldn’t agree more. I’m on 12.3 (2020 MY, with USS). I get the next version when it comes to me. In the mean time if I don’t like it I can still just drive the old school way like I always have.

Couldn’t agree more. I’m on 12.3 (2020 MY, with USS). I get the next version when it comes to me. In the mean time if I don’t like it I can still just drive the old school way like I always have.
Yea that’s true. But the logic of “well maybe 12.3.2.1 had bugs so instead of pushing it out more they decided to work out the bugs” gets nullified when my NON-FSD Model Y gets 12.3.3 and my FSD Model S is still sitting on 12.3 🤣🤣

The update is good for cars that didn’t pay for FSD, but not good enough for those who did pay? Is pushing a 30 day trial to everyone who didn’t pay more important? 🤡🤡

You've perfectly captured the way I felt about V11, but IMO it's a bit premature a lamentation for V12. Right now Tesla is embroiled in using FSD(S) as an image enhancer almost more than they're concerned with the actual functionality. I admit this is probably more of a rant than I usually want to emit. But I'm feeling like the whole "ChatGPT moment" (or not) needs to fizzle and some kind of release cadence needs to materialize out of the fog. With steady improvement showing.

We're not there yet, but there's still hope.
Sounds like Mrs. @AlanSubie4Life is even pickier than he is!

We drove home from church a little while ago and I asked my wife about the new software and she was shocked when I told her I hadn’t done a thing the entire drive besides tap the accelerator to get it up to speed. I think that qualifies as ‘wife approved!’

Does it matter? Aren’t they the same?

It sounds like all these versions are the same except for features.

So no big deal. Right now there are no changes to FSD available AFAIK.
Considering the MY doesn’t have FSD, and as of yesterday didn’t even have an option for the free trial, getting 12.3.3 on it is USELESS to me.

Considering the MY doesn’t have FSD, and as of yesterday didn’t even have an option for the free trial, getting 12.3.3 on it is USELESS to me.
You will probably get the email for the trail any time.

Also the reason of prioritizing NON FSD cars is to try and get some $$$ from them. Tesla already got yours (and mine) FSD money so we are moved to bottom of the barrel. 😢