Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I got home out of desperation I decided to leave my iPhone in my car hotspot WiFi knowing it was futile. Just now when I went down to get my iPhone as the elevator doors open one of the residents (a 2015 S owner) drives up in this. :oops:At least I got some proxy happiness. Now back to 24.3.10 depression. 😭

IMG_4685.jpeg

When I got home out of desperation I decided to leave my iPhone in my car hotspot WiFi knowing it was futile. Just now when I went down to get my iPhone as the elevator doors open one of the residents (a 2015 S owner) drives up in this. :oops:At least I got some proxy happiness. Now back to 24.3.10 depression. 😭

View attachment 1034368
You having 24.3.10 depression makes me want to burn my check instead of waiting to see if 24.4.1 is real.

Second set of drives in a row with zero interventions. A couple hours each. And this is on the 12.3 wheel eater.

Both drives were typical types of drives through suburban/exurban/rural roads including state highways, rural highways, county roads and city streets. V11 never performed this well. Not even close. I now expect no disengagements and few interventions.

12.3.3 installing now, so it should just get better.

While that last few drives involved no V11 stack, by intent, I really am awaiting the full V12 experience on all roads. Limited access on V11 is great - even sublime - but high speed rural highways often switch over to V11, which still suffers from the overreaction/high latency issues with things like cross traffic. This is a gray area between V12 city streets and V11 limited access roads that I run into on a lot of drives.

On the very good side, after driving several weeks on 12.3, I can clearly see the benefit of the NNs in reducing latency well below that of V11. Reactions to traffic cutting in, out, and crossing the vehicle's path are so smooth and human-like it's scary.

Two years ago, FSDb could barely make a right turn without shaking your fillings loose.

Notable events on today's 360 mile drive using 12.3.3. In general better than previous drives, but

--On US 15 in PA/MD most of the time it would set the speed limit to 15 MPH when it passed a US 15 sign, and set it back to the correct speed when it passed a real speed limit sign.

--Also on US 15, at on point it crossed the solid white line onto the shoulder as far as the rumble strip before getting back on the road. Never had that happen before.

The good news is that it didn't make random lane changes on 15. In fact it made a couple of lane changes that made sense. And the auto wipers worked great.

Odd, my car accelerates too quickly for my taste. Actually pushes you back into your seat.
Mine has weird power management issues, it’ll take off from a stop and then get super slow going from speed limit to my set offset

I prefer if it just took off, got to the set speed, and then cruised, no farting around

ok - first drive on 12.3.3 (24.3.10)
  • Speed control is better. not perfect but at least improved. It seems to slowly creep up for the last 5 MPH but does eventually get there and takes less work with the accelerator
  • Made a new mistake and veered into the right turn lane at a stoplight. There was no one around so I let it go and it veered back into the proper lane when going through the intersection.
  • Hit a rabbit so FSD 12.3.3 has not been trained on rabbits. The car didn't slow at all but the rabbit also jumped out at the last second so I doubt it would have time to do anything.
  • Chose the correct turn lane at an intersection with two left turn lanes; Not sure if this was a fluke or actual better planning
  • failed to slow down when the speed limit dropped from 50 to 35. This is a regression to a past FSD behavior that they had fixed.
In total, some improvements, some regressions. And it kills rabbits.

View attachment 1034196

The B pillar is where the camera resides. If you measure the distance from the front of a Tesla to the camera, you will see it is the SAME distance from the front of the vehicle to the driver’s eye on many other vehicles. And they manage just fine.

Or do you have data showing otherwise to back up your claim?
Nope. Measure from the front of any vehicle to the steering wheel and it will always be less than the distance to the b-pillar camera. Drivers lean forward when visibility is low. Do that on a Ford F-150 and large trucks and the distance will be less. That surprised me when I did a few measurements. Creeping would be pretty much eliminated if there were cameras co-located with the existing fender camera or better the headlights. No creeping would be great. FSD is doing a pretty good job with V12.3.3 so the problem is less now.

Unfortunately FSD is useless now for the final part of my commute to work I found out today after trying the newest version for on the way back to work (it did this on v11 as well so not version specific). Since it follows guidance and you can't modify the path it takes, There is a route it takes that normally I would go off to a service road like you're suppose to. But FSD takes the main highway which makes you cut over 3 lanes to get to the exit with maybe 500 feet so you'd have to AGGRESSIVELY cut over, If you miss that exit you're stuck on a road that only goes to NYC across the bridge maybe a 30 minute mishap if it happens when 2 minutes away from work. Green is the way FSD keeps trying to do the exit, Orange is how I normally do it to not miss the exit. Tricky spot even for me but unfortunately can't risk FSD taking me to NYC by missing it.
Have you tried the alternate route feature? May or may not help but I've used it a few times to force a different route. Click on the Navigation route header box. It will list all the turns with any alternate route you can click on. Might help.

0 interventions beyond tapping the accelerator to get it up to speed.
Too bad, no solution to this problem. We’ve never had an FSD version that went to the target speed when unobstructed, so it is a really tough problem. Oh wait v11 did that and v12 does it on the freeways.

Creeping would be pretty much eliminated if there were cameras co-located with the existing fender camera or better the headlights
Not with software equivalent to today’s.

Last edited:
Just want to say how happy I am for everyone getting FSD 12.3.n and having fun with it. Seriously….. I am not bitter at all sitting here day after day watching the posts stream by while I sit here in my 2020 Model S that I paid to have FSD in. I am fine waiting, no problem all… really… 😢

NOT
Sorry, the way you used "seriously" seriously reminded me of this:

• Funny
Reactions: FSDtester#1
Anyone think Tesla will integrate Park Assist with FSD so at the end of the drive the car will show parking spots to select from then park the car for you? Not sure how the UI would work though. Or is that going to be reverse summons (i.e. banish)? I do find I am using the Pin placement instead of just an address to try and get me into the parking lot instead of just in front of the building. Park assist does need to be speedier for it to be really functional.