Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cruelty: Got a Tesla email last night saying "Download Complete FSDS". Of course I knew that wasn't correct since I don't have WiFi. Got up at 4:45 this morning so I could park near the elevator to get connected to the Lobby WiFi. Get in car and see this. What a lie Tesla. I connected to WiFi anyway just to see and an hour ½ later no downloading. Guess everyone got this email last night.

View attachment 1036107
Got this silly email today as well, and I’ve been testing FSDb since Nov 2020. ;-)… I guess a full scrape of anyone with a registered vehicle probably got it.

That’s what is supposed to happen when you report it as well. I report all of the issues I see.

You can also press the button and say “record a clip “
Indeed, there are many ways to do this - but per the original posters noted issue - that the car was going over the median line into ONCOMING traffic, pressing the voice button, touching the screen, or asking the voice system to make a recording might hopefully, be the last thing on their mind to do. Or to some extent ever AFTER such an experience.

I know I’ve had my share of experiences where the car was at a red light and just decided to proceed through the interestion that I had to stop things - and at that point hit the little video record button - for dashcam capture, etc. I failed to do it the first 2-3 times it happened in different places, but once I became somewhat comfortable that indeed the car might be trying to kill me, I was more quick to capture those recordings after saying my a..s in subsequent times that the car tried to drive through a red light intersection. I even setup recording to capture it, and sent the videos directly to the beta email, but never heard anything from them.

For me personally, I have setup the horn honk as A WAY to make sure to capture and save those screen recordings knowing that it’s just an easy tap of the horn even briefly that gets all that recorded for posterity - assuming they are doing anything with that data.

For those with horn buttons on one of the wheel spokes, well it might just be a tad more cumbersome.

The Full Self-Driving (Supervised) Profile setting of Chill, Average and Assertive are for following distance, not speed. Read the line at the bottom of the pic:

We've already proven this is incorrect with a few people's experiments. Each mode changes speed offsets.

When using ASSO mode on the freeway/limited access when using v11 mode, 5%/10%/15%. Visible.

That is the effect. Otherwise not aware of any obvious impact on speed. Obviously it will slightly change speeds transiently if it is affecting follow distance or whatever, likely nearly imperceptible.

@Dewg not sure if you got a chance to see the yellow light issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
Got this silly email today as well, and I’ve been testing FSDb since Nov 2020. ;-)… I guess a full scrape of anyone with a registered vehicle probably got it.
People will complain if they get it just as they’d complain if they were left out and didn’t get it. No shortage of things to complain about.

Seems a bit odd. Tesla's video shows that there are waivers you have to click on to get it enabled. How did this work?
More than a bit odd, I think!

My wife's profile had FSD turned on with out the waivers. This morining I checked a couple other profile we have on the car. One was like mine, but without FSD so I could easily switch during testing. That profile now had FSD enabled without the waiver. In contrast, Easy Entry still does not have FSD enabled.

This should serve as a warning for anyone whose SO does not want FSD - it may enabled without their permission. We are on 2024.3.10, FSD 12.3.3. We believe the problem first occurred with this version, though it may also be connected to the "free" trial, though our car had fully paid FSD.
My wife said it was automatically turned on in her profile also.
Bingo. It ain't just me.

I expect Tesla will fix this very soon, because it appears to put Tesla in a precarious position as regards liability.

• Informative
Reactions: primedive
Click OK to enable free trial.
1000028824.jpg

1 of my kids said, "Hey Dad, just open your Tesla app and have your car drive down to meet us"...
Ah! Finally a real life use-case for Robo Taxi!

I am skeptical about the market for RT, and I don't imagine us letting our car go out and offer rides to drunk college students. Airport parking, having wine with a dinner out, medical emergencies, these seem like real but infrequent possibilities. Otherwise, I'd be quite happy with a comfortable driver assistance suite.

My wife and I are down to only one car, and we have yet to spring for a Lyft when we want to be in different places away from home. But now her schedule is filling up which is leaving me pinned at home a bit more than I like, so I'm thinking RT might actually come in handy for us once in a while. The price, as high as it is, is similar to a second cheapie car, but without the second insurance insurance and maintenance cost and garage space.

Still, for now I'd like to see Tesla focus a bit more on driver assistance features. I'm happy to test RT stuff like non-Minimal Lane Changes and Auto Speeding, but I wish I could just set the MLC default to On rather than needing to remember to set it for each drive.

More than a bit odd, I think!

My wife's profile had FSD turned on with out the waivers. This morining I checked a couple other profile we have on the car. One was like mine, but without FSD so I could easily switch during testing. That profile now had FSD enabled without the waiver. In contrast, Easy Entry still does not have FSD enabled.

This should serve as a warning for anyone whose SO does not want FSD - it may enabled without their permission. We are on 2024.3.10, FSD 12.3.3. We believe the problem first occurred with this version, though it may also be connected to the "free" trial, though our car had fully paid FSD.

Bingo. It ain't just me.

I expect Tesla will fix this very soon, because it appears to put Tesla in a precarious position as regards liability.
I checked with my wife and she said she never got the FSDS agreement page either. She did have autopilot before 12.3.3. She recognized it as FSD because of the blue snake instead of two blue lines of autopilot.

Interestingly, she likes it where as she hated it before 12.3.3.

Regardless, seems like a bug

When using ASSO mode on the freeway/limited access when using v11 mode, 5%/10%/15%. Visible.

That is the effect. Otherwise not aware of any obvious impact on speed. Obviously it will slightly change speeds transiently if it is affecting follow distance or whatever, likely nearly imperceptible.

@Dewg not sure if you got a chance to see the yellow light issue.
It's obvious hard to experiment on yellow lights, but so far my experience with v12.3.3 it has never gone through a yellow light. I have not had a yellow where I was 100 or so feet and had it slam on the brakes, but that's not to say it won't do it.

I am skeptical about the market for RT, and I don't imagine us letting our car go out and offer rides to drunk college students. Airport parking, having wine with a dinner out, medical emergencies, these seem like real but infrequent possibilities. Otherwise, I'd be quite happy with a comfortable driver assistance suite.

My wife and I are down to only one car, and we have yet to spring for a Lyft when we want to be in different places away from home. But now her schedule is filling up which is leaving me pinned at home a bit more than I like, so I'm thinking RT might actually come in handy for us once in a while. The price, as high as it is, is similar to a second cheapie car, but without the second insurance insurance and maintenance cost and garage space.

Still, for now I'd like to see Tesla focus a bit more on driver assistance features. I'm happy to test RT stuff like non-Minimal Lane Changes and Auto Speeding, but I wish I could just set the MLC default to On rather than needing to remember to set it for each drive.
While I’m still very skeptical that RT is going to be fully realized in the current fleet of cars, I will say that IF they could make true L3+ or certainly L4 automated driving available to drivers meaning they are NOT required to take over and the car truly drives itself, even driverless, then they could enable ppl to have that system DO the driving while they use their phone, a laptop, sit in the passenger seat and still have their car. There are many places in this countries and others where commute times are 1-2 hours EACH WAY, and being able to continue to work or occupy oneself while the car truly does ALL the driving would be worth quite a bit more than 10k/12k/15k. I mean when I’m commuting here, if I could get back just 1.5 hours a day of commute time, four days a week, 40 weeks a year I could make more of those now mostly wasted hours billable and generate well in excess of an additional $70K in billable hours. Today, it’s either not billing time - although sometimes it IS on calls etc., but that’s still a bit less than optimal - or I end up doing them evenings or weekends. I’d rather get it done while wasting time commuting.

For many other ppl, it could certainly be a time saver, if not a revenue generating one. Many families split time and weekends just to drive one child to a sporting event on one side of the peninsula and the OTHER parents drives the OTHER child to the complete OTHER side of town, etc..

Or, yes there are those times when one has had 3 and not 2 glasses of wine, and should not drive even if it’s been 2.5 hours and they weigh 250 lb. ;-). That risk, even in the absence of an accident could cost ~ in excess of $10k if pulled over and hit with a DUI. Not to mention the ongoing increase in insurance costs.

Or maybe it’s just driving some kids to school outside of town or in another town. Many ppl here send their kids to schools in the city, or the opposite and finding suitable transportation for them is challenging. Historically, Uber wouldn’t do this sort of transport. It was sort of a secret, but when four kids show up and an SUV picks them up at 07:00 to take them to a school in San Francisco - it’s sort of obvious.

Or maybe it’s just a juvenile who needs/wants to get somewhere. doesn’t have a drivers license, needs to go to a concert or movie theatre 15 minutes away. Someone has to do that. A fairly modern family might say well just that optionality is worth 2-4K a year? Also, there is often concern that someone else is going to drive them, AND YES SOMETIMES BE DRINKING, but if a parent could just say “let the Tesla take you there, wait for you and it’s ready for you when you’re ready to leave so nobody has to risk driving”. for some families, that might just be priceless.

But sadly I think we’re a long way from there. And not with the current fleet.

Last edited:

Well said, and the upside if you summon your car to you and it has to travel a long ways, if it happens to get into an accident, there are no occupants in the vehicle, so you and your family are safe!
The other drivers, hmmm.. can't speak for them.

White duck tape is easy and available on Amazon.

But my Tesla does not use it except when I move it with Summon arrows.

My hopes for future firmware….
Suspect this would only work for non USS cars using vision. Tried the tape lines with my 2020 MY long ago to keep it away from my wife’s car with no luck. Did however hang a light black sheet from the ceiling that USS actually did see as a barrier.