Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do that myself all the time. Not only is it safer, but keeps me and the traffic moving. I don’t know what ID10T AV engineer thought it is best to cross both ways of traffic in one shot. S/He should be fired, and if it was Elon who pushed for it, he too should be fired
Not sure what you’re saying. Elon is definitely the one who has pushed the team to solve Chuck’s UPL. Seems very unlikely they’re devoting so much time to it otherwise.
It’s a totally normal left turn. I have no idea where everyone here is driving. I think somehow it must look abnormal on video.

FSD 12.3.5 oddity tonight. I just installed in on my 2023 MYP and ran my usual short test loop. Saw two new things happen, including an oddity. It was mostly the same as 12.3.4 as far as I could tell. It still has lane-change-wiggle. It still stops-creeps-stops at stop signs. However, it seemed better at coming in through my gate (using Homelink to open it).

The oddity was that it would not turn right on red for me. I only have one instance of that in my test loop, but all versions of FSD got through that turn before. This time I exited the freeway, got to the light and it just sat there with the turn signal on. I waited for a while, but it never made a hint of a move or tried to creep forward for visibility. When a car came up behind me I finally 'tapped out' and pushed the car through the turn, which it did normally once started.

The other new thing I saw tonight was an Autopilot disengagement. My short test loop includes going to the site of some proposed superchargers and testing autopilot there. It was 10pm and nobody was in the parking lot. I first tested next a spot next to a curb and a bush, and it did fine. I was trying to see if it was faster than before, but it didn't seem so. I tried again at another space, and autopark freaked out when trying to back over a manhole cover there. It didn't quite know what to do, and sometimes the display showed a big red circle, like it was a tree or some such. It was acting very weird around it so I disengaged and tried another spot. In the other spot I watched as the car went slightly over one of the painted lines as it was turning in. I don't think it does that if there is a car in that spot though. At any rate, Autopark is still too slow, though it may be a smidge faster than before. And it seems to always go forward some before starting to back up. Even though the turn signals come on right away, it takes several seconds to get reverse and backup lights. Its the backup lights other drivers are looking for when they steal the spot you're trying to get into.

Curious if you can cite the law in question? A relatively quick search found a lot of folks in various states saying they heard this was illegal and asking if it was, and then lots of folks finding they can't find such a law on the books.
I will try to take a look at the Arizona and the Tucson statutes, all I remember is that over the 40+ years I've lived here, I've gone to the traffic school twice and they talked about this both times. You're supposed to complete the turn without stopping, and don't go if you don't think you can do that.

To be clear, the typical medians we have on divided roads in Tucson are much narrower than the ones you often see in other cities. Unlike Chuck's UPL, there there isn't enough width for a car to stop at the meeting without blocking at least the turn bay(s) assuming they exist at the gap. I know of a very few places where there is a dedicated very wide median gap for crossing or U-turning and then entering the travel lanes, and those special examples actually have stop signs placed just for that purpose.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
2018 Model 3, Dual motor, LR, HW3, 184K miles, 2024.3.25

Just completed the morning run on 12.3.6, No Change, SOSDD. Still turns off main road to slow, still need to use accelerator pedal, still turns to early and onto the shoulder. Still stops way short at stop signs and waits to long and to slow on creep. I still have to turn it off for turns. Still get phantom slow downs when approaching wide parking lot entrance/exits.

Highway:
On a recent run across PA on 80, 12.3.4 would go from 70mph speed limit to 35mph speed limit. Ugh where are you getting this speed from, there are no adjacent roads or bridge crossings. Never had this happen before. Did it several times in both directions (westbound and then eastbound when returning) I’ll be making another run in couple weeks and see if it changed on 3.6.

Haven’t tried a parking lot to see if anything is different. I don’t see anything about vision only for parking as an option in the car menu. I believe 2018 is still sensor only. No idea what they fixed if anything.

I just noticed 12.3.4 was 1234.