Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess you are planning on improvement between the 12.3.1 and 12.4.1 release dates?

I would assume 12.5 can not be expected before end of July. And will also be woefully insufficient.

I didn’t watch the video. Thanks for the descriptions.

It sounds awful, we are definitely screwed and the whole enterprise is hopeless.

Time for a rewrite.

I am trying to put a positive spin on this. Mostly as you know I am quite optimistic.

Pessimist: FSD is awful, it can't possibly get any worse!
Optimist: Oh yes it can.

What is this supposed to mean?
IMG_0295.jpeg

IMG_0296.jpeg

Reactions: zoomer0056
Had a minor case of this recently. Water got into the left fender repeater on a 2021 MY. This would result in intermittent loss or degradation of signal. Sometimes it looked black; sometimes it looked like somebody had smeared the view with crummy white paint; and sometimes it looked normal.

Why water? If one looks along the top edge of the repeater, which is clearish plastic, one could see water droplets on the inside, along the length of the ridge.

This apparently had been going on for some time. But the car got left out in the rain rather then being garaged, and, well, there it was.

With the car under warranty, called it in, the mobile tech showed up last week, and swapped the turn signal/camera in a few minutes. The guy says it happens a lot. Other reports say "Improper seal when built."

Or it could just be a bunch of dirt. In which case wiping it clean would do the trick.

Here is 12.3.6 driving in a Right Turn Lane and completely ignoring it then going straight without even a hit of turn signal or slowing. I usually disengage and turn right here but no one was beside me so I let it play. No lane selection shown on the UI but does visualize the turn indicator on the street. Not sure what it would do if cars were in the straight lane since 12.3.6 seems to "feel entitled" to the lanes.

Here is 12.3.6 driving in a Right Turn Lane and completely ignoring it then going straight without even a hit of turn signal or slowing. I usually disengage and turn right here but no one was beside me so I let it play. No lane selection shown on the UI but does visualize the turn indicator on the street. Not sure what it would do if cars were in the straight lane since 12.3.6 seems to "feel entitled" to the lanes.

It did the same thing for me a week or so ago. Except, in my case, there was a curb right in front of the right turn lane and I took over just in time time before FSD steered my car right onto the curb. From then on, I always take over immediately every time FSD takes the right turn only lane and my direction is straight.

I've been driving in pelm, germany this week. There are many narrow road without stripes (think chuck cook's narrow un- striped lanes videos). Some parts of the road narrow so much that only one car may pass. If two cars approach from both directions, you have to figure out who goes first. Some have a yield sign in one of the directions. If 12.4.x is just 12.3.6+0.0.1, then we are in trouble. Also, many curvy mountain roads where I dare not drive the posted speed limit. FSD might be getting close to being able to handle what waymo can handle, but general scenario non-geofenced areas does not seem to be right around the corner.

Last night I was getting false emergency lights warning every 4-5 minutes. Before this occasion I saw this happen maybe 2 or 3 times in all my time with FSD but last night was strange. Seems like I'm on the old stack at the time this happens. Hope it goes away for good in 12.5 once the stacks are merged.

'23 MYLR with on 2024.3.25

Interesting - I had this happen twice on the way back from a 550 mile trip yesterday. Saw flashing lights from policy activity (pullovers due to speed traps) on I95N - however the interesting part is that I was driving on the I95N express lanes - special toll lanes separate from the primary I95 lanes - and the policy activity was occurring on the normal I95 lanes that are separated by at least a 20 foot grass median area.

I also saw several instances of "toll booth detected" pop up on the screen when no toll booth was anywhere in sight. At most, there was a flashing yellow light overhead when coming up 301N toward Delaware state. There are several intersections where there are flashing yellow lights like this - and I kept getting "toll booth detected" flashing intermittently up on the screen.

I also noticed that FSD 12.3.6 doesn't deal well with the left hand merge lanes that are common on the I95 express lanes, and it does a really bad job of handling the bidirectional lanes with the large red/white gates that are down when the lane isn't available - FSD sees those lanes as a new left lane for passing and immediately tried, three times, to move into the lane even with the large gates down - I had to intervene quickly to prevent a high speed collision with the horizontally situated gates that were down for all I95N traffic. It simply didn't see the gates.

I've been driving in pelm, germany this week. There are many narrow road without stripes (think chuck cook's narrow un- striped lanes videos). Some parts of the road narrow so much that only one car may pass. If two cars approach from both directions, you have to figure out who goes first. Some have a yield sign in one of the directions. If 12.4.x is just 12.3.6+0.0.1, then we are in trouble. Also, many curvy mountain roads where I dare not drive the posted speed limit. FSD might be getting close to being able to handle what waymo can handle, but general scenario non-geofenced areas does not seem to be right around the corner.
Not to worry. As long as the other driver starts to go first on the narrow road, FSD will chicken out and just wait :)

Last edited:
Yesterday, I drove south from SF to LA and didn't know that they closed I-5 S little bit north of Grapevine to Lebec. Navigation routed me a detour from Buttonwillow south through 95 (Hudson Ranch Rd), Frazier Park to rejoin I-5 S. I think Tesla should send their Autopilot team to ride/drive through Hudson Ranch Rd as a passenger on a model S with someone who has no experience of the road and not much experience of FSDS on FSDS 12.3.6.
🤣
The road is two lanes, has a lot of curves, not exactly narrow, but with double yellow lines. The single lane is quite narrow for a model S with rough drop offs on the right.