Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of "good old days", anyone else miss the complaining about phantom braking?

Sorry, I have dark side lol
Actually.. On the last few days took a trip to Boston and back, about 500 miles.

Had three (3) phantom braking events. Always when approaching some deeply shaded section of the road on a bright, sunny day. Not a hard brake, but noticeable. First two times I gassed it through; third time I waited, curious, and it recovered on its own.

No dangers to life and property. But kind of unexpected.

Speaking of "good old days", anyone else miss the complaining about phantom braking?

Sorry, I have dark side lol
I wonder what the NHSTA staff thinks about his? After getting lots of complaints from owners requiring them to initiate their complaint process only to then have Tesla solve PB with OTA updates. So now whatever NHSTA had to do to initiate a complaint is now pretty much mute. Probably drives staff a bit crazy knowing the problem would eventually get resolved but they still had to spend a lot of time working on it.

The claimed 5-10x improvement in interventions wasn’t a joke though.
~95% of my interventions are just pressing the accelerator to speed it up a little bit. (I don't count my rolling the max speed up, because that is a result of the offset percentage that I set.) So if they make speed control just try to maintain the max set speed that would easily be a 5-10x improvement for me. (However, it doesn't seem like V12.4.1 has fixed this.)

If you go into service mode doesn't it show the percent complete on each camera? Then you would at least know which camera(s) are an issue. Are there any active alerts?
I finally got into the camera section of "deep" service mode, and I could not see any signs of calibration progress. This is a pic of what I see on that screen. Am I missing something?

BTW, this morning I cleared calibration yet again before getting on I-95N in RI. 30 miles later the initial calibration finished, as last time. Now about 80 miles later, still not finished (No dice trying to engage FSD). It was all I-95 until the final 6 miles. I'll stop clearing it now until my service appointment. BTW, all the camera views looked clean, and clearly it thinks everything is healthy with all those green dots...

Forgot to check for alerts, although that screen says something about an alert at the bottom. Lemme go look... no active alerts, as per the main UI. I tapped on the message at the bottom of the image and nothing happens. So I'm at a dead end with that, maybe someone knows where to find this mystery "ALERT TO CHECK" ?

IMG_2808.jpg

Last edited:
One thing to note is that while only 3% of 14.9 came from 3.25, 15% of 14.8 came from 3.25 and then went on to 14.9. Also a few % went to 14.6 and 14.7.

It is strange how many people are still on 3.25. Maybe there are that many FSD users out there?? 14.9 seems to be a stable version but maybe Tesla isn't fully happy with its stability and that is why they are now moving non-FSD people on from 14.9 to 20.1 (big surge in 20.1 today)
3.25 all the way, Baby! I'm old school and lovin' it!
If they really did halt the rollout in favor of a new version, and based on the feedback from those who tested it that showed regressions, I can’t help but wonder what this version can do that makes Elon call it “arguably version 13” because no one that has it seems to have anything to show that would suggest that.
arguably Elon's perception and judgment are skewed.

Reactions: FSDtester#1