Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the shareholder meeting Elon is talking about HW3/HW4/HW5. He says HW3 still has much more possible improvement. :) But HW4, development begins later this year and will be 3-8x better than HW3. HW5 comes out in about 18 months and will be 10x more capable than HW4.

All these changes will just "progressively improve the # of 9's of reliability the car gets." ;)

Yes, there are caveats that match Tesla's system in the owner's manuals. Here's the text from a Cadillac CT4 from the Super Cruise section:

The Driver Attention System (DAS) on
the steering column continually
monitors driver head and eye position
to estimate driver attention to the
road. The camera does not record or
share pictures, audio, or video.

Sunglasses, hats, or other types of
clothing that change the shape of the
head may interfere with camera
performance. To improve camera
performance, raise or lower the
steering wheel, or change the seat
position.
"May interfere" is just a disclaimer since you could have a hat pulled down or a type of sunglasses that might have double polarization. But with Tesla system is is NOT a may but a WILL be disabled. I have a family member with a Mach-E and he or his wife has NEVER had any problems with eye tracking on Blue Cruse under any conditions. He has even worn sunglasses at night to test and it worked 100% of the time.

For me the Tesla system will be most worthless since I prefer to wear sunglasses in the bright sun. Hell if I'm going to squint and suffer just to drive hands free.

Elon says training is no longer the limiting factor. He says FSD is working so well now that the limiting factor is the miles between interventions. Says the miles between interventions is so long the team can't tell which software version is better than the other. Says it's getting to the point where the team is relieved when they finally get an intervention to work on. :D

Elon says training is no longer the limiting factor. He says FSD is working so well now that the limiting factor is the miles between interventions. Says it's so long it the team can't tell which software version is better than the other. :D
I asked that elsewhere. Presenting the current FSD as almost perfect (or even 12.4) when most testers know otherwise isn't inspiring for the future.

You will get it in a few days or maybe tomorrow. Look at it this way. Being near last to get this update may mean your chances are higher of being near the beginning with 12.4.x does release. Of course with Tesla it is still all CRAP odds and no way to know. I've been near the rear for several updates in a row and been near the beginning for several updates in a row. There is never any rhyme of reasoning to understand how Tesla distributes the updates.
I would have replied to GGF directly but well, I’ll just say I noticed a few added to the queue and decided to 🔥 one.

It took and I’m getting 14.9 now. Holds @FSDtester#1 s theory in line of same order. Sometime along the way, I got a couple days behind him. We used to be in sync. I blame the beaver.

IMG_1687.jpeg

Let’s gooo

And then he started rambling again about distributed inference compute. Says our cars will be like a distributed AWS cloud when parked. Sure thing Elon. No worries about lack of memory, interconnection speed, cyber threats, etc. :rolleyes:
You sound like the smartphone naysayers who said the same thing about the iPhone. Apple made ATT make the network to support, not the other way around.

Funny. A large number of recent Supercharger sites now provide freebie wi-fi, with a Tesla SSID that the car will automagically connect to.

Given, it's probably for punters who want to stream movies or some such. But I've actually done a Tesla software update on such a thing.

Anything like that near where you are?
None in CFL but I have hotspotted my phone from the course and updated it that way.

Reactions: FSDtester#1
I'm still stuck on 2024.3.25 here (HW3, MCU2 Model 3). I'm not sure what they're doing because they've bumped about a third of vehicles in this situation forward to 2024.14.9 earlier this week.
They are doing the same as always. Some people HAVE to be last. It is just the way it goes. As I said I have been near last before and felt the same way waiting while it seemed everyone else had the update. But it IS what it IS and you ARE where you ARE in the queue. You WILL get it in due time. If it was up to me I would have sent it to you last week. ;)

I got 14.9 😑
Not me. Truly rarified air up here. I am ready for 12.4.2; it does make sense to give it to me early of course as a first participant who was not a paid participant, etc. No sense in rocking the boat and updating me with something else first.
If the drunk driver was using TACC then the car cannot detect red light and stop for it.
Not sure why anyone is talking about drunk drivers here. Completely useless to discuss this specific incident in general since we have zero relevant information. Unrelated, I think it is rare for FSD to broadside stopped vehicles, but it does seem more likely than running into the back of a vehicle.
Says it's getting to the point where the team is relieved when they finally get an intervention to work on.
They’ll have to check my car’s connection. Don’t pay for connectivity and just missed the boat on free connectivity. Maybe they just ignore my data?

Elon says if things continue on their current trajectory we won’t be intervening for over a year. Pretty awesome. Great to finally see things come to fruition. Expect on the next release I’ll rarely be intervening. Pretty great. Good to see it looks like we’ll be in the “promises made, promises kept” territory very soon.

Last edited: