Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it is weird that some people have problems with FSD curbing wheels. I don't see it ever getting that close. Is it only an issue on some models? (I have a Model Y.) Is it some kind of weird road design that causes a problem?
I haven't had curbing but there are times where the trajectory feels uncomfortable and you know you'll either grind the rim a bit or be within a couple of inches. It's definitely not looking to full-on take curbs, but that slight grind is all you need to make them look like crap. I feel like happens more often on left hand turns.
I'm actually in Guatemala 🇬🇹 today!!

Starting the hike back to the US
Batmobile is all gassed up and ready, do you need me to pick you up along the way?

I think it is weird that some people have problems with FSD curbing wheels. I don't see it ever getting that close. Is it only an issue on some models? (I have a Model Y.) Is it some kind of weird road design that causes a problem?
In my case, I drive on curving two lane roads, and the car loves to get out of position in the middle of a curve and then adjust while in the turn. It also goes faster through curves than I would. Both are assuredly increasing wear on the "grippy" EV tires. I assume the launches from standing starts and pulsed braking aren't too helpful on that score, either.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Anyone else getting “one or more side cameras occluded” message when driving at night? Had this for 14 miles just now. Clean car, clear night. HW4 car here.
I’ve routinely gotten the message at night on dark roads. I suspect what’s happening is it’s dark enough that the camera can’t see anything and the software thinks it’s occluded. When I’ve gotten into lighter areas with more lights it goes away.

I’ve routinely gotten the message at night on dark roads. I suspect what’s happening is it’s dark enough that the camera can’t see anything and the software thinks it’s occluded. When I’ve gotten into lighter areas with more lights it goes away.
Yea, I occasionally see that message on both cars and it's always on super dark nights, darker than @FSDtester#1 soul

I got that routinely in the mornings over the winter since it's so dark the side cameras can't see anything. The message goes away as soon as I get into a town with streetlights or as the sun starts to rise.

I think crashing because of being unwise is the ultimate strike!
I meant the software crashes. That is what it tends to do in the fog IME and at some point it just says it won’t turn on for remainder of drive because it has crashed (this was one year ago). It just gets super confused and doesn’t seem to know what is happening (it did not complain about visibility or conditions).

Reactions: SidetrackedSue
OT:

FSDtester#1
LSDtester#1
SSDtester#1

This is starting to get confusing.🤔 Are all the "Florida Man" people now required to be XSDtester#1? 🤣 🤣🤣
just wait until we run out of letters, then there'll also be FSDtester#2, LSDtester#42, SSDtester#0, etc!

(Just started downloading 2024.14.9, I wonder how much longer until the mythical FSD 12.4.x is widely available!)

I went to change my username but what is this! Maybe by that time, we will finally have v12.4.9.3.6.

Oh first drive and park on v12.3.6 part2 as part of 2024.14.9. drives the same, just as slowly as before (no surprise), Autopark was just as slow as it has been, and it parked so close to my side, I couldn't open my door and had to manually repark. It always used to ignore where the adjacent cars were and just park between the lines and it still does the same thing.

1000014893.png

Last edited: