Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Genesis GV60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Q4 seems like a very nice car; the issue for me is the range: 241 mi on the AWD version.
Other than that seems to have all the bells and whistles.
Delivery time will be an issue, my dealer said they will accept orders in November but is a 5-7 months wait.

the same dealer quoted me full MSRP for the OG Etron SUV and said I was lucky they are not asking $5K premium like other dealers have.

We want to get a second EV. We drove the Model 3 and think it is too small and low. The X and S are not the right cars for us. Genesis just released some details and photos of their new "GV60" and it seems really nice. I expect it will have a slightly higher price than the Y, but I like what I have seen so far. As far as I can tell, the only negatives are the lack of frunk and under-trunk space, range (slightly) and the charging network. It appears to have many of the features that the Y is lacking: surround view, rear cross traffic alert, blind spot monitors, Apple Car Play, display in front of driver, heads-up display, cooled seats, electronically adjustable dampers, etc. And I think the adaptive cruise control in Hyundai/Genesis products actual works without any phantom braking (I owned a Hyundai Palisade).

If they can bring the AWD in to the US for about $60k, I think it will occupy the space next to our Y. The Y would be our road trip car due to the additional space, range and charging network and the GV60 would be our local car. Curious what others think of the GV60?
I think it’s an over priced Hyundai. Not saying that is particularly a bad thing.. but at the end of the day it’s just an up badged Hyundai. That extra money is for the interior.. nothing else.

The problem with the GV60 for me is that front grill - in the words of James May it is quite “gopping.”

IDK, I think the wide low grille can work pretty well...

aston-martin-vantage.jpg