Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me decide: Model Y or Mach-E

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More comparisons with Apple vs PC’s and Tesla vs ICE could be considered.

Did you ever have an HP DV9000x 15.6” with a AMD Turion - that overheated? And…no one cared? Like the issue existed, but the company never did anything to fix it? And then, the brand just discontinues the model - for it to be forgotten? Maybe you had a nice Asus UX131-UXW model that has a flaky display, but can’t find parts for it? Did you ever try and sell a used $2000 MSI gaming laptop, and see it lose $1200 value in 10 months? Did you ever have crappy drivers for a ATI video card, that caused Windows XP to blue screen, and no one could figure it out?

Compare this with an issue that impacts any product in the Apple lineup. Butterfly keyboard issue? Cracking bezels? Dropped calls when holding the phone in certain positions? These issues won’t be discussed on just forums, blogs or podcasts. These issues will be discussed by Lester Holt, Brian Williams and Good Morning America. A 5 year old iPhone retains its value - in a way that no Android device can compare to. No one cares about the 200 different Android models. It oversaturates the market. No brand is throwing hundreds of billions at R&D like Apple is - its almost unfair to the small brands at this point. The Apple experience - best you can get. No other brand even compares.

Tesla. Even your grandparents know about those Tesla’s. The Audi Etron? It’s just another Audi, and its depreciation definitely reflects that. There are 4 models. Everyone knows them. People know how to fix them. People know how to service them. People want to buy them - used, new, they likely want to buy them. The brand equity is on a level that only compares to Apple. This is like spending $50000 on an Android phone in 2012 - that would be worth $8000 in 10 months, or spending $50000 on an iPhone in 2012 - thats still worth $8000…10 years later. Look at used Bolts, Volts, Etron’s…..these vehicles are not wanted. When used models go up for sale - they sell because the costs are shockingly low, not because consumers are chomping at the bit. Just like cheap android phones - with terrible user experiences, or cheap windows computers - with terrible user experiences. You can buy good Android phones or Windows computers - but everything is trying to simply match Apple, and rarely does anything get to beat Apple for long. Every brand is going to rush to market - saturating the market with different half-baked models. Tesla already set the standard, like Apple has. Everything gets judged against Tesla, like Apple - as if scoring 100/100 is Apple/Tesla - and nothing can score more than 100/100. So when the best experiences in any consumer product are redefined around how the dominant brand wants it to exist - its game over. The established player owns the spotlight, the love, the affection of the masses - everyone else is throwing everything at the wall - hoping something will stick. No one cares if a Chevy Bolt dies on the side of the road. No one knows how to fix it. And no one wants to fix it. Rich Rebuilds will scrub sewage out of a salvaged Tesla, and rebuild a car with its parts. You drive a Tesla, and the world looks at you. You know what you drive, they know what you drive. You drive an Audi Etron? No, you drive an Audi. The Ford Mach-E is a great vehicle, and that’s how everyone will view it as - a great vehicle. Not the best electric vehicle experience available to consumers - anywhere in the world.

Seriously, after all this hand wringing you’re buying a car, not getting married. There’s plenty of info out there to decide and move on. If you make a bad choice you can get another one after a couple of years when there are more options out there. And here’s a thought, you’re on a Tesla forum generally frequented by people who bought or are buying Tesla’s. If you’re looking for unbiased opinions look elsewhere.
You should totally buy the Ford then? You've done all this research but don't know about Tesla's?
Wow, this thread must really be striking a nerve! For goodness sakes, I’m just information gathering! I’m about to drop $50K+, and don’t need to decide on anything for at least four months. I think I’ve been respectful of everyone on this forum. Please return the favor, or don’t post.

I am in a similar position. Q4 Etron also comes to mind; but deliveries might not be until January. Lucid is also interesting, but way out there with deliveries.

Tesla has some serious advantages, that as an ICE convert, I feel are a big deal. Like…
  • Infotainment mapping software - ability to effortlessly plan trips & stops with charging stations
  • Charging station experience - more reliable, “lite-touch” - plug-n-go (Out of spec motoring experience with different EV’s on different non-Tesla chargers is an eye opener to the reliability and annoying payment authorization processes. Tesla has this figured out). Tesla sets a standard with charging performance that only Porsche seem capable of hitting
  • Range. As a ICE convert, I seem to think I always need the ability to drive 600 miles in a day, if I want. The ability to charge fast, and also get 300 miles+ of range, is reassuring
Ford has some things I like. A rotary volume knob, comparable performance, dealership support network and auto body shops capable of servicing them everywhere, history of building vehicles, a frunk.

A lot of it comes down to looks. I feel the charging experience is going to create a lot of friction on road trips - unnecessary detours, slow charging & waiting in the car, staying in more expensive hotels (for their chargers). I almost want the Model S - just for the 400 miles of range. So I am placing a ton of emphasis on things that eliminate these concerns. I live in a cold climate, and can’t imagine the anxiety of driving an EV with mid-200 mile range (in warm weather…) in 2 degree temperatures with -20 degree wind chills. Throwing a ski rack on a vehicle will reduce range (trying to imagine the long weekend trips with 600 mile round trip of driving), add some family to the vehicle, luggage on the trailer hitch…

I try and be a realist. I know some of the areas won’t have significant amount of EV charging - especially fast charging. They might not be reliable. Ford (and other brands) need to improve the charging experience (reliable charging, fast charging, super easy payment and authorization). Imagine a frustrating day - you are in a rush, and now you have to deal with all the (potential) annoyances of non-Tesla charging experience? No thanks. Laggy infotainment, poor route planning software, clunky payment & authorization, unreliable chargers, can’t use Tesla chargers…other auto companies are just doing this for the first time - in a serious way.

Tesla has a decade on these guys, in every area that matters. Their build quality isn’t an issue - they could fix it if they wanted. It isn’t for the lack of knowledge or brain power. These folks at Tesla are focusing on the areas that allows Tesla to be the top EV company. This includes beating unproven brands (with great tech) like Lucid. GM makes reliable vehicles, yet they are caught up with battery issues. VW/Audi/Porsche make millions of vehicles - but the original Etrons had tons of issues, massively depreciated, had mediocre range, and mediocre driving dynamics. Tesla is the only company that really knows how to do this. Other companies make cars, not EV’s, and are trying to figure out how to build EV’s - and integrate the suppliers, retool the factories, retrain the workforce. These same companies are going to have issues - like GM. People will have bad experiences, mediocre experiences - and awesome experiences. Tesla provides the best experience an EV owner can get.

Mach-E is pretty sweet; though I wish it were made in America, especially in Michigan. But it is made in Mexico. Model Y’s are made in Fremont, California or Austin, Texas. I like what Ford is doing, but….every brand but Tesla….Lucid….Rivian…are taking half hearted approaches toward this effort. Tesla is the only game in town, delivering vehicles. This is why Tesla is worth 1 trillion dollars - more than the combined value of all other automotive companies (including Rivian and Lucid). Every employee at Tesla wakes up to work at an electric vehicle company, that has only ever existed to make electric vehicles. Every other brand is making ICE vehicles, and reading the instruction booklet on how to make EV’s - trying to copy and paste Tesla success. The other brands don’t even know how to make EV’s - many are relying on suppliers and OEM’s in ways that Tesla doesn’t (almost as if they are building a custom computer in the 90’s - everyone could source parts, and build Frankenstein computers).

It’s like…Apple…and Tesla will rule the world. These two brands just get how to to make products consumers want…and deserve.
Nice post! I’m bookmarking this.

Reactions: db93
I am in a similar position. Q4 Etron also comes to mind; but deliveries might not be until January. Lucid is also interesting, but way out there with deliveries.

Tesla has some serious advantages, that as an ICE convert, I feel are a big deal. Like…
  • Infotainment mapping software - ability to effortlessly plan trips & stops with charging stations
  • Charging station experience - more reliable, “lite-touch” - plug-n-go (Out of spec motoring experience with different EV’s on different non-Tesla chargers is an eye opener to the reliability and annoying payment authorization processes. Tesla has this figured out). Tesla sets a standard with charging performance that only Porsche seem capable of hitting
  • Range. As a ICE convert, I seem to think I always need the ability to drive 600 miles in a day, if I want. The ability to charge fast, and also get 300 miles+ of range, is reassuring
Ford has some things I like. A rotary volume knob, comparable performance, dealership support network and auto body shops capable of servicing them everywhere, history of building vehicles, a frunk.

A lot of it comes down to looks. I feel the charging experience is going to create a lot of friction on road trips - unnecessary detours, slow charging & waiting in the car, staying in more expensive hotels (for their chargers). I almost want the Model S - just for the 400 miles of range. So I am placing a ton of emphasis on things that eliminate these concerns. I live in a cold climate, and can’t imagine the anxiety of driving an EV with mid-200 mile range (in warm weather…) in 2 degree temperatures with -20 degree wind chills. Throwing a ski rack on a vehicle will reduce range (trying to imagine the long weekend trips with 600 mile round trip of driving), add some family to the vehicle, luggage on the trailer hitch…

I try and be a realist. I know some of the areas won’t have significant amount of EV charging - especially fast charging. They might not be reliable. Ford (and other brands) need to improve the charging experience (reliable charging, fast charging, super easy payment and authorization). Imagine a frustrating day - you are in a rush, and now you have to deal with all the (potential) annoyances of non-Tesla charging experience? No thanks. Laggy infotainment, poor route planning software, clunky payment & authorization, unreliable chargers, can’t use Tesla chargers…other auto companies are just doing this for the first time - in a serious way.

Tesla has a decade on these guys, in every area that matters. Their build quality isn’t an issue - they could fix it if they wanted. It isn’t for the lack of knowledge or brain power. These folks at Tesla are focusing on the areas that allows Tesla to be the top EV company. This includes beating unproven brands (with great tech) like Lucid. GM makes reliable vehicles, yet they are caught up with battery issues. VW/Audi/Porsche make millions of vehicles - but the original Etrons had tons of issues, massively depreciated, had mediocre range, and mediocre driving dynamics. Tesla is the only company that really knows how to do this. Other companies make cars, not EV’s, and are trying to figure out how to build EV’s - and integrate the suppliers, retool the factories, retrain the workforce. These same companies are going to have issues - like GM. People will have bad experiences, mediocre experiences - and awesome experiences. Tesla provides the best experience an EV owner can get.

Mach-E is pretty sweet; though I wish it were made in America, especially in Michigan. But it is made in Mexico. Model Y’s are made in Fremont, California or Austin, Texas. I like what Ford is doing, but….every brand but Tesla….Lucid….Rivian…are taking half hearted approaches toward this effort. Tesla is the only game in town, delivering vehicles. This is why Tesla is worth 1 trillion dollars - more than the combined value of all other automotive companies (including Rivian and Lucid). Every employee at Tesla wakes up to work at an electric vehicle company, that has only ever existed to make electric vehicles. Every other brand is making ICE vehicles, and reading the instruction booklet on how to make EV’s - trying to copy and paste Tesla success. The other brands don’t even know how to make EV’s - many are relying on suppliers and OEM’s in ways that Tesla doesn’t (almost as if they are building a custom computer in the 90’s - everyone could source parts, and build Frankenstein computers).

It’s like…Apple…and Tesla will rule the world. These two brands just get how to to make products consumers want…and deserve.
Completely agree with all your points, especially with Tesla leading the pack. The only reason the other auto manufacturers are taking EVs seriously is because Tesla took a lot of their customers away. Had it not been for Tesla these companies would have continued with business as usual. That’s why at this point the only 3 companies I will buy from is Tesla, Lucid, and Rivian as they are all 100% electric focused (but Lucid and Rivian won’t be in my budget until they come out with a less expensive car..lol)

Highly recommend you test drive both and buy the one you enjoy driving the most. Most advantages/disadvantages are mostly subjective. Tesla's supercharger network is compelling for road trips. While I have encountered broken stalls, normally that information is reported in the nav system and factored into the "available" stalls calculation. The supercharger network is being expanded at an aggressive rate.

I did look at the other EV options available. While it was good to see other options - even some I would be perfectly happy with if Tesla didn't exist. In my investigation, the Mach-E was the only other serious consideration. However, I decided the Model Y was the EV I preferred, specially since I plan to go on the occasional road trip with it. I also like the look of the car, range is very nice, generous cargo room, and I love the autopilot tech. I test drove the Model Y LR and Model 3 Performance.

Wow, this thread must really be striking a nerve! For goodness sakes, I’m just information gathering! I’m about to drop $50K+, and don’t need to decide on anything for at least four months. I think I’ve been respectful of everyone on this forum. Please return the favor, or don’t post.
True enough and I respect that but it can be painful to watch. In the end it comes down to this:

1) Tesla has been doing this for many years now and is good at it. Occasional panel gaps and humming water pumps aside, if there were more issues they'd be shouted from the rooftops. Their batteries aren't burning down peoples houses OR failing.
2) Competitors are far behind and unproven at this point.
3) No one has the Supercharger network and I have yet to see a serious effort to change this - it will take time to build.
4) See #1

If people's decision comes down to knobs and luxury appointments they're missing the big picture, at least at this point. Competition will change this but it won't be in the next 4 months.

Best of luck! And I'm a big researcher too but seriously, all this info is already posted if you just search and read - this is all chewing on old bones here.

Edit: and I should say, if your decision comes down to an EV credit this is all pointless. Spend a little more if you have to and get a car you’ll be happy to drive every day. Or not.

Last edited:
Volume control is the left scroll wheel in the steering wheel.
You hit the nail on the head. What new car doesn't have volume on the steering wheel, the Mach E volume knob is silly. Reminds me of some reviewers of Audi Q5s and Q3s before my switch to Tesla. They all complained that the little volume knob on the right side of the console was a terrible place for volume, without even noticing the scroll wheel on the steering wheel. The little knob was actually a passenger convenience.

In late September, I placed a deposit on the the Model Y ($53,990 for Long Range, Pearl White, 19" Gemini, Black Interior) and the Mach-E ($53,100 for Premium, Extended Range, RWD, Grabber Blue). Both were originally scheduled to be delivered in April, though the MY is now showing a Feb 19 - March 19 delivery. I can only buy one. There are still many months before I need to decide. As of today, I am exactly 50/50 on which I will pick. Some of this decision will depend on the available tax credit at the time of purchase. Hopefully congress gets its act together and both get a credit next year. If one is substantially cheaper due to a tax credit I will likely go that way (though hard to say if the MY shows up without a credit and the Mach-E still has one but is still months away from delivery).

Anyway, I need your help! I've put together a list of pros and cons in the fine tradition of Benjamin Franklin and Walter White. These lists are specific to my own decision, as I see it. Please let me know if any of these considerations are off base, or if there is anything else I should be considering. I will post the two lists in subsequent posts.

And full disclosure... I also cross-posted the same lists on a Tesla forum. It will be interesting to see the differences in replies... Here are the lists:

Advantage Tesla Model Y
  • Known reliability. Tesla has been making EVs for a while now, and has straightened out a lot of early production issues. Ford is just getting started, so there are likely to be a lot more issues for the first few years. Will a 2022 Mach-E be as reliable as a 2022 Model Y? What will the difference in cost of ownership be in 10 years?
  • Polished UI. The touchscreen is really snappy, whereas the Mach-E touchscreen is sluggish. The Tesla software seems a little more refined too.
  • Supercharger network. I have a lot more confidence that I won’t get stranded on long trips.
  • Joy of driving. I’ve seen plenty of YouTube videos of people testing these two cars side by side and stating they enjoy driving the Tesla more, especially comparing the one pedal driving. Granted most of these people are Tesla owners, but not all. I have taken a test drive in both, and Tesla even gave me an overnight test drive. I will admit, the Tesla did feel a bit more responsive on the pedal, though it wasn't a huge difference.
  • Performance. The Model Y base model does 0-60 mph in 4.8 seconds, and comes with AWD standard. The Mach-E RWD model I ordered does it in 6.1. Yes, I could upgrade to the AWD model and achieve 4.8, but this is an extra $2.7K. (Aside, I actually prefer the longer range and cheaper price which is why I’m not upgrading the Mach-E.)
  • Cargo capacity. 68 cu ft vs 60 doesn’t seem like much, but it could make the difference. I am choosing a hatchback for a reason: I want to carry things.
  • Autopilot. As of today, Tesla’s autopilot is more capable than Ford’s version. Ford is still developing theirs, so this could change. I have no interest in FSD.

Advantage Ford Mach-E
  • Body Style. The Mach-E looks great. The body looks muscular. The LED projector headlights on the Premium look amazing, as do the taillights. I also like the futuristic look of the Model Y, but not as much.
  • Paint and color. I ordered the Grabber Blue and love this color! I would almost buy the car just for the color. The Tesla looks good in white, but I don’t think is as much a head turner. Also, I’ve heard credible stories of lower paint quality control on the Tesla, including orange peeling, dust nibs, swirl marks, and more susceptibility to chipping. That last one is a particular concern, as a good paint job shouldn’t easily chip.
  • Build quality. The Mach-E feels solid, and well built. Tesla is known for its inconsistent build quality, including panel gaps, loose parts, and water leaks.
  • Novelty. There are Teslas everywhere. I don’t need to be the only one owning my car, but I’m not sure if it would feel as special if every parking lot I pull into has 10 other cars identical to mine.
  • Dashboard screen behind steering wheel. I just want to see an instrument cluster behind the steering wheel. I don’t like that I have to look to the side to see my speed and range on the Model Y. Plus, the upper left of the Model Y screen just looks unpolished to me. The Mach-E does this much better.
  • Physical controls. The Mach-E has physical controls for adjusting the side mirrors, direction of the climate control, a latch to open the glove box, turn on/off interior lights, and operate the windshield wipers. The Model Y does these through the touchscreen. Who wants to adjust their wipers through a touchscreen.
  • Garage door opener. The Mach-E has a real garage door opener in the visor. I have to pay $350 to get this feature in the Model Y touchscreen, which I’m not about to do. I prefer a real button anyway.
  • Apple CarPlay. Why doesn’t the Tesla have this? It’s just stupid.
  • Long company track record. Ford has been here from the start. Tesla is a newcomer, run by a a guy who seems slightly crazy. Will they be around in 10 years?
Get the Mach E. There are too many model ys. I don't look unique driving my model y anymore. Lol

If you want a reliable A to B EV, Tesla is still the way to go. And of all the other EVs, the Mach-E would low on the list as its thermal system is poorly designed starting from the battery on back. And this design has also negatively affected performance. Then you have its nav software which is still in its infancy and therefore, full of bugs. And the list goes on. It's basically a quicky cobbled together, rushed to market, unfinished product. Will the subsequent versions get better? Maybe.

Is it a true competitor? No.

If you want a reliable A to B EV, Tesla is still the way to go. And of all the other EVs, the Mach-E would low on the list as its thermal system is poorly designed starting from the battery on back. And this design has also negatively affected performance. Then you have its nav software which is still in its infancy and therefore, full of bugs. And the list goes on. It's basically a quicky cobbled together, rushed to market, unfinished product. Will the subsequent versions get better? Maybe.

Is it a true competitor? No.
Thanks for the feedback. I generally agree with the points you’ve made. From my research, the Mach-E thermal management system has a ways to catch up to where Tesla is at. As a first generation system, there will be shortcomings. As far as the nav system, I’m not sure it bothers me as long as I have my phone and CarPlay. But I do agree, the software has a ways to go.

I do disagree with your dismissal of Ford as a competitor. In my view, there are a number of areas where they have the advantage (see my original post) and while you may disagree with my opinions, I am not alone. Ford is currently taking orders away from Tesla, and that will only grow over the next few years. Do I think they will overtake Tesla in EV production any time soon? No, of course not. But Ford is a much bigger company than Tesla and has made a serious entry into EVs with the Mach-E and F150. Not everyone will want a Tesla.

• Disagree
Reactions: WhiteWi and Times8
.......... Not everyone will want a Tesla.
This statement is true; my own perspective is that there are features in the Teslas that I do not want or need (e.g, games, movies, farts), and I am not sure I am comfortable, after driving for upwards of 50+ years that I want to have to learn where all the buttons on the touch screen are (like opening up the glove compartment or the garage door). While it is very true that the Teslas are clearly the most efficient EV (both in terms of manufacture as well as battery tech) I, as a potential user must include all cogent factors to make a final decision (which by the way is not an easy one). : )

This statement is true; my own perspective is that there are features in the Teslas that I do not want or need (e.g, games, movies, farts), and I am not sure I am comfortable, after driving for upwards of 50+ years that I want to have to learn where all the buttons on the touch screen are (like opening up the glove compartment or the garage door). While it is very true that the Teslas are clearly the most efficient EV (both in terms of manufacture as well as battery tech) I, as a potential user must include all cogent factors to make a final decision (which by the way is not an easy one). : )

Opening the glovebox is easiest by simply pressing the right scroll wheel and saying "open glove box". Likewise, there are many voice commands to avoid screen interaction. For example "temperature 73", "call (someone in your contacts list)", "navigate to 12 Grimmauld Place", or "play Beatles". If you get the Homelink module installed, you can even program it to automatically open/close the door when you arrive and leave.

Thanks for the feedback. I generally agree with the points you’ve made. From my research, the Mach-E thermal management system has a ways to catch up to where Tesla is at. As a first generation system, there will be shortcomings. As far as the nav system, I’m not sure it bothers me as long as I have my phone and CarPlay. But I do agree, the software has a ways to go.

I do disagree with your dismissal of Ford as a competitor. In my view, there are a number of areas where they have the advantage (see my original post) and while you may disagree with my opinions, I am not alone. Ford is currently taking orders away from Tesla, and that will only grow over the next few years. Do I think they will overtake Tesla in EV production any time soon? No, of course not. But Ford is a much bigger company than Tesla and has made a serious entry into EVs with the Mach-E and F150. Not everyone will want a Tesla.
I don’t disagree with any of your opinions or have anything to add except for the comment about taking sales away from Tesla. What does that even mean? Tesla sells ever car it makes and has a 6 month back order…no EV, even a good selling one is taking sales away from Tesla. They are all taking sales away from ICE vehicles.

Anyways good luck with your decision and hopefully whatever you decide works for you. There is no one car/brand that will work for all.

Opening the glovebox is easiest by simply pressing the right scroll wheel and saying "open glove box". Likewise, there are many voice commands to avoid screen interaction. For example "temperature 73", "call (someone in your contacts list)", "navigate to 12 Grimmauld Place", or "play Beatles". If you get the Homelink module installed, you can even program it to automatically open/close the door when you arrive and leave.

Thank you for the reply; yes, I have read some on the voice commands...I have had that function on other cars with less than stellar results. Is the system in the MY any better?

• Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi
Also,

You sound like you want the Ford. I'd say go with the Ford. Don't buy a Tesla. Lolololol

I don’t disagree with any of your opinions or have anything to add except for the comment about taking sales away from Tesla. What does that even mean? Tesla sells ever car it makes and has a 6 month back order…no EV, even a good selling one is taking sales away from Tesla. They are all taking sales away from ICE vehicles.

Anyways good luck with your decision and hopefully whatever you decide works for you. There is no one car/brand that will work for all.
Thanks for the well wishes. I’m actually enjoying this decision making process, and am sure that both cars would work great for me. Eventually one will show up and I will decide at that point and not look back.

Tesla is indeed selling every car they make. The one I ordered now has a backlog until September, and that is despite them making tens of thousands of the Y every month. Tesla is ramping up production to meet this demand and will eventually get there. Meanwhile, every uncancelled order adds to that backlog and eventually to a sale, such as the 100,000 Hertz just ordered. And every customer who would have chosen a Tesla were it not for Ford means the loss of a potential sale. In the end, we all benefit from this competition because it forces all the players to up their game.

Were I in OP's shoes it would come down to how much I wanted to travel with my EV. I know where I live unless you own a Tesla there is little to no access to DC Fast Charging unless its via Tesla Supercharger. Frankly that has made the decision easier for me to go with a MY.

I was looking at the Mustang Mach E but knew that living in West Virginia I'd basically be limited to a 200 mile trip before needing to charge for an extended time. With Tesla there are superchargers along the main routes. I didn't want to gamble with when/if Elon does open the supercharger network to other EVs. That could happen tomorrow or it could be a year or more down the road.

I guess that's my longwinded way of saying also consider the charging infrastructure near you and where you want to travel to.

If I may, I would suggest creating a decision matrix on a spreadsheet with all the factors that would affect your decision, including the emotional. Each day look at the spreadsheet and move factors up or down the list for each vehicle. After some time (for you to determine) the list will sort of solidify....now you have your answer, no?

From a macro perspective the biggies are:
-Tesla, charging infrastructure, experience with EVs, benefit of creating a vehicle from scratch (no bins), kind of a rough ride, sparse interior/controls, service infrastructure
- Mach-e: Dealer network (may be =/-), built in service infrastructure (needs training), more individual buttons and switches, less of a jump from an ICE car.

I am sure there are others.....GL

Last edited: