Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Delivery gal damaged my car.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
She had one job, drive it two miles from Port of San Francisco to my house. As I waited outside, I saw her pull in fast to park and go over a curb and scrape one of my wheels. Then I saw major front bumper damage underneath. She says 'transportation damage' but it's much worse on the driver (heavier side) which tells me it's driving damage. I suspect she went over a speed bump at ludicrous speeds hitting and scraping the bumper. Everything else about the car was perfect, panels, paint, etc. So much work to get the car here only to have me reject it because of a careless delivery person during the last mile to my house.

Attachments

• IMG_1881.jpg
    IMG_1881.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_1883.jpg
    IMG_1883.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1884.jpg
    IMG_1884.jpg
    443.7 KB · Views: 236
Oh man. That sucks.

I’m still at home waiting for them to deliver mine (second day, third reschedule). I was also booked in the 1-3pm from Port of SF but they said they can’t do the update (despite me getting a notification in the app that it was completed).

Hoping my Tesla delivery gal is different to yours! Sorry dude. What a waste of your time.

I think cars have been reported damaged driving off the transport trucks as the incline where the ramp meets the ground can cut it close. Could have happened then and been "transport damage." Although I'm not sure why they would try then to deliver it that way. Obviously you saw her curb the car, so possible she did everything as you say.

So great news, San Francisco Delivery Manager called and profusely apologized and found a new matching VIN for me on the lot for delivery tomorrow. They are going to deliver the car to their SF showroom, detail there - the delivery manager is going to meet with me and personally look over the new car with me.

In my book that's superb follow up service. I'll update tomorrow after I take delivery.

So great news, San Francisco Delivery Manager called and profusely apologized and found a new matching VIN for me on the lot for delivery tomorrow. They are going to deliver the car to their SF showroom, detail there - the delivery manager is going to meet with me and personally look over the new car with me.

In my book that's superb follow up service. I'll update tomorrow after I take delivery.

That is top notch service right there. Hopefully this new delivery goes well. please keep us updated!

Reactions: Crispix

Now you just have to make it home without running over any curbs.

Can you imagine how horrible that would be if you did?

• Funny
Reactions: CrazyCoconut

Who did you end up contacting about your issue? I have home delivery scheduled in 2 weeks. Hopefully it goes smoothly, but I just want to be ready incase there is an issue

That’s what I call “damage control”.... you may commence bad joke groaning now.

Who did you end up contacting about your issue? I have home delivery scheduled in 2 weeks. Hopefully it goes smoothly, but I just want to be ready incase there is an issue

I think yours will go fine, I probably had an exceptionally bad experience.

Delivery manager called me a few hours after I rejected the car for the damage shown. The photos of the damage went to her and she was thankfully able to get me matched to another car quickly. I don't have her contact info but I think she works in the San Francisco Tesla Showroom.

My heart hurts every time I see these photos of damaged cars. Glad it was resolved quickly for you.

The real question is, "why does this keep happening?" There are so many threads and posts full of poor experiences with delivery. Are these temporary staff that they've hired that simply do not care? There's "we're really busy and mistakes happen", and then there's "I simply don't care." It seems like we're witnessing a lot of the latter.

If I was Elon and saw all of these photos and experiences, I'd be completely irate and probably on a tear firing people. The brand is on the line, the shorts are having a field day with it, and it cannot be allowed to go on.

My heart hurts every time I see these photos of damaged cars. Glad it was resolved quickly for you.

The real question is, "why does this keep happening?" There are so many threads and posts full of poor experiences with delivery. Are these temporary staff that they've hired that simply do not care? There's "we're really busy and mistakes happen", and then there's "I simply don't care." It seems like we're witnessing a lot of the latter.

If I was Elon and saw all of these photos and experiences, I'd be completely irate and probably on a tear firing people. The brand is on the line, the shorts are having a field day with it, and it cannot be allowed to go on.

Tesla is in a bind. They can’t pay top dollar for the people doing these jobs... many of the jobs (delivery advisors) are salaried and are being expected to work a ton of hours week after week. We saw a thread “ask a delivery advisor” in which the former DA reported working 60+ hours a week regularly and that was BEFORE model 3 deliveries began.

Most aren’t in it because they are on a mission to move the planet towards sustainable transport. They are in it for a steady paycheck.

Tesla is playing in the premium luxury space with a high demand, expensive product and their customers expect a premium service experience.

Tesla just might have to shell out the money needed for better people.

My impression was she was brand new and possibly a temp worker. She didn't know what to do with the fact that I turned the car down and had to call someone for next steps.

• Helpful
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Tesla is in a bind. They can’t pay top dollar for the people doing these jobs... many of the jobs (delivery advisors) are salaried and are being expected to work a ton of hours week after week. We saw a thread “ask a delivery advisor” in which the former DA reported working 60+ hours a week regularly and that was BEFORE model 3 deliveries began.

Most aren’t in it because they are on a mission to move the planet towards sustainable transport. They are in it for a steady paycheck.

Tesla is playing in the premium luxury space with a high demand, expensive product and their customers expect a premium service experience.

Tesla just might have to shell out the money needed for better people.

Totally agree. I appreciate the entire idea behind trying to leave the old dealership model behind, but we're witnessing a lot of the gaps in doing so. There's something to be said for well-paid, motivated professionals that can deliver a consistent experience to customers paying premium dollars for premium cars.

My impression was she was brand new and possibly a temp worker. She didn't know what to do with the fact that I turned the car down and had to call someone for next steps.

It's an unfortunate situation for all involved. You never want to see someone lose their job, but it appears in this case that it may have been warranted and perhaps acted on based on the response you received from the delivery manager. They're under extreme pressure as it is and can't afford to throw away cars and deliveries like this.

She had one job, drive it two miles from Port of San Francisco to my house. As I waited outside, I saw her pull in fast to park and go over a curb and scrape one of my wheels. Then I saw major front bumper damage underneath. She says 'transportation damage' but it's much worse on the driver (heavier side) which tells me it's driving damage. I suspect she went over a speed bump at ludicrous speeds hitting and scraping the bumper. Everything else about the car was perfect, panels, paint, etc. So much work to get the car here only to have me reject it because of a careless delivery person during the last mile to my house.
Holy *sugar*!!