Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did your V8.0 update go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like many folks, I am always happy to wait for a more stable release. That being said, I received a notification on my Android App and in the car right at 12:00 Noon Pacific time that an update was released for my Model X. Hope this is (a stable build of) Version 8.0. Just got home and started the installation. I'll report back when it's done. Have any of you fine folks got your 8.0 today on your Model X?

Like many folks, I am always happy to wait for a more stable release. That being said, I received a notification on my Android App and in the car right at 12:00 Noon Pacific time that an update was released for my Model X. Hope this is (a stable build of) Version 8.0. Just got home and started the installation. I'll report back when it's done. Have any of you fine folks got your 8.0 today on your Model X?

Update: OK, my update completed and I am indeed on 8.0 (2.40.21) My Android app showed "Update Complete". Initially, I got worried because the instrument cluster (IC) said "Update Required: Please contact Tesla Service" I pressed both wheels to reset the 17" screen and after the reset, this IC error cleared after about 3 minutes. I bet that once the system gets the "bulky parts of the 8.0 update" done, it has to then send new code and drivers to the instrument cluster and probably other systems in the car. I'll report back on other findings as they come in.

Yes, update was fine and there's a lot to read. Major changes as forecast to Media, Navigation, Autopilot etc. etc. Driving on AP now shows cars turning away, 2 cars in front ( and will react to rapid braking of second car in front), bikes etc.
Will need more time to assess how well it hugs corners, but so far no significant improvement there. Good that we can now avoid tolls and get more control over nav. Easter eggs still work.

Received it in the wife's car, still waiting for mine.
Lane changing in autopilot is now less abrupt, which is a great improvement, and the radar monitors two cars in front for sudden braking.
The new phone number selector on the scroll wheel is brilliant, and finally we can dictate a number to call.

IMG_0954.jpg

Got the update this morning. And now I have this. Apparently it is being reported overseas too.

Got the charge port warning too. Rebooted touchscreen, opened port, wiped magnet with finger, closed port, started car, no warning second time. Can confirm the port still works.

Regenerative braking is significantly increased in the P90D (like 5-10%)

Attachments

• 2016-10-08 16.15.36.jpg
    2016-10-08 16.15.36.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 2016-10-08 16.24.56.jpg
    2016-10-08 16.24.56.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 45
I got 8.0, seems to have installed without a hitch. Some of the messages that come up during the upgrade are confusing (imply upgrade has finished when it hasn't). Also of interest is that I got the update without a wifi connection - had thought I read somewhere that updates will only come over wifi not 3G. Still in the process of organising a better wifi connection.