Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did your V8.0 update go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• where's Australia!.jpg
    where's Australia!.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 55
Don't get too anxious about the update, it appears the charge port door error is a feature of this version. I now get it more often than not.
While the autopilot is greatly improved I would choose v7 over this constant warning message.

Interesting rollout. My signature car, nada! So, definitely not in build or vin number order.also, I have good wifi in my garage and supercharged yesterday evening at St Leonards.where I pick up wifi from Tesla. So clearly those factors don't play a part. Car is East/ West in my garage, so pointing at the mothership, also no dice!!
Hey DBorn don't worry I tick all the boxes you ticked and haven't got it yet either. One of the valve stems must be slightly off alignment....

I also note on the EV firmware tracker that the rollout of this version seems to be worldwide but has slowed after an initial surge so maybe there are bugs that they will fix before further roll out?

Something weird happened to me with V8.
I got the update last Saturday and got the charge port replacement error as well. Car still ran well so I didn't bother with it, figured it was a software error. Then I got another update that evening for minor fixes. Lo and behold the charge door error disappeared! Hooray. But then, yesterday morning, I get into the car and got surprised. The software was back to V7! Definitely had a sad face. :(
Then I get another message about an update so I updated again, I got V8 again but the charge port error came back. And its still there. I'll try rebooting the screens tonight and see what happens.

Reactions: powerfactor
I got the update last Saturday and got the charge port replacement error as well. Car still ran well so I didn't bother with it, figured it was a software error. Then I got another update that evening for minor fixes. Lo and behold the charge door error disappeared! Hooray. But then, yesterday morning, I get into the car and got surprised. The software was back to V7! Definitely had a sad face. :(
Then I get another message about an update so I updated again, I got V8 again but the charge port error came back. And its still there. I'll try rebooting the screens tonight and see what happens.
What a roller coaster!

Wow, that's the weirdest software story I've ever heard for Teslas. How bizarre! Hopefully it means v8.0 with all the bugs fixed is just around the corner but how totally weird to get demoted to 7.1 !?!?!

Surely they’ll have to pull this one.
I also note on the EV firmware tracker that the rollout of this version seems to be worldwide but has slowed after an initial surge so maybe there are bugs that they will fix before further roll out?

Evidently not...I received the notification. First time I haven't updated immediately & not going to until someone here says it's worthwhile.

Reactions: mike_j