Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@ raphy3 I don't see any problems with your car / data, seems pretty 'normal' for a P85, especially at that SOC

You already timed the car and it's delivering to manufacturer spec. Why not just enjoy it at this point?

Don't get me wrong, at this point I agree that everything is probably OK. I do get power limitations at 80%SOC at WOT, but at this point with a used P85 I think this is good performance. At this stage I'm just having fun taking data :)
I want to get a few more days sessions with above 90% SOC and both 0-60 and WOT on the interstate and compare it to the 70% data.

But right now I am basically prepared to admit that with 361kw and 4.1s to 60 (not on a track either), the car is certainly in spec. Most days I'm the fastest car on the road by a wide margin. I think that my butt dyno was out of calibration. I'm really not sure why, it's not like I've had a car that was sub 4s before. I think the thing that surprised me was that the specs are for only very high soc and power drops of rapidly after that. For instance, 0-60 is above 5s for 65-70% SOC. Adding to that someone mentioned that I shouldn't see dashed lines at 80% SOC and I do. So there was mild confusion for me at times.

But this thread wasn't meant to suggest I'm not enjoying the car though. I am. I keep trying to find excuses to drive it. It's just amazing to drive and like no other car. You just glide down the road. I also see what people mean when they say "teleport"; I'm doing it all the time :) I'm just curious and need experimental data to back things up, and through the course of the thread I've managed to corroborate at least some anecdotes with some data. I still want to check if the car had it's contactors replaced or any other TSBs, but I'm not in a real hurry.

TL;DR: having fun with data. I am enjoying the car which is awesome, and at high SOC it gives the performance I asked for:D

Reactions: Lu Ann
I think temperature does alter the performance and charge rates (at Superchargers) more than anything else on an older battery. My car is definitely slower at lower SOCs and limitation kicks in quicker than I think it did when the battery was new. My car lives in ~55-65F temperatures most of the year but I have done a few endurance autocross races and 1 hill climb (4 runs) where I get power limitation to probably under 200HP even at close to a 90% SOC. Check out some of my pages for graphs, videos, data etc. Zextraterrestials S (tory) ...I've had some fun with my car ; >

• Helpful
Reactions: raphy3
I think temperature does alter the performance and charge rates (at Superchargers) more than anything else on an older battery. My car is definitely slower at lower SOCs and limitation kicks in quicker than I think it did when the battery was new. My car lives in ~55-65F temperatures most of the year but I have done a few endurance autocross races and 1 hill climb (4 runs) where I get power limitation to probably under 200HP even at close to a 90% SOC. Check out some of my pages for graphs, videos, data etc. Zextraterrestials S (tory) ...I've had some fun with my car ; >
yes I see it very clearly in post #169 in that thread you linked. You can see a definite transition to the effect you're describing at about 30+ on the time axis. rather than dropping gradually at every application of the throttle, the voltage increases gradually at every throttle while current is tanked. very interesting and thanks for the data.

yes I see it very clearly in post #169 in that thread you linked. You can see a definite transition to the effect you're describing at about 30+ on the time axis. rather than dropping gradually at every application of the throttle, the voltage increases gradually at every throttle while current is tanked. very interesting and thanks for the data.
FYI, That graph was composed of just the data where I was at 100% throttle.