Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idaho Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, after swearing I would wait for snow tires to drive in slick conditions (Tire Rack Model Y owners rate the stock Continentals as "awful in snow, they shouldn't be selling these") I decided to drive the Y up to the ski area this morning anyway. Fresh snow overnight, that slick temperature too close to 30. Friends told me they weren't sure that they were going to make it up in their cars but they did.

Anyway, I drove like grandma. It still kicked out the rear 3 times at stop signs and the stop light when turning. I didn't like that even though it self corrected and probably didn't go out more than an inch or so. I think snow tires, especially with studs, will solve that problem.

I could also see that the rear tires were throwing snow at least 5 feet in the air behind me and that the cars following grandma were hanging back a long way. Probably means the wheels were spinning madly to maintain steering but it maybe scared the folks behind me.

So, mud flaps. Yes, they will make packing worse. On the other hand, I don't want to kick snow and gravel at the cars behind me. There's enough Tesla hate out there. Maybe it won't be as bad with snow tires. I ordered yet another set of flaps with rears included and will try them. If the packing is awful I might take them back off, especially since in a week I will have Hakkapeliitta 10 SUVs and the story may be different.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
Thoughts about the wiper tray heater that I didn't get because of that AMD chip thing.

Guess what? You can't pull the wipers all the way away from the windshield like you do to keep them from fusing to it no matter what. The wiper tray heater may help solve the problem, but maybe it's not perfect. If you leave them in service position when you park at the ski area during a powder dump, I am thinking the defrost will blow right on them and loosen them up just as well as the park wiper heater. Will give it a try.

Thoughts about the wiper tray heater that I didn't get because of that AMD chip thing.

Guess what? You can't pull the wipers all the way away from the windshield like you do to keep them from fusing to it no matter what. The wiper tray heater may help solve the problem, but maybe it's not perfect. If you leave them in service position when you park at the ski area during a powder dump, I am thinking the defrost will blow right on them and loosen them up just as well as the park wiper heater. Will give it a try.
I think there is a thread on the forum somewhere that has a fix for this

Reactions: DrGriz
I just saw the tesla delivery truck passing 10th mile exit... a few white msm and blue... I'm 99 percent certain that msm is mine
Nice!!! I'm 99% sure my Blue MYP is on that truck! Scheduled pick-up for Saturday 3/5 at noon. Just ran to bank and got a hefty cashier's check for payment. Then I get a text from Tesla asking about my payment, asking me to schedule a delivery appointment (already booked), and telling me they may reach out if car comes in earlier than planned. Almost there!

2Rew7BF.jpg

I just saw the tesla delivery truck passing 10th mile exit... a few white msm and blue... I'm 99 percent certain that msm is mine
SA told me they had 3 trucks come in today! Great news for 24 people!

It is good to know that Idaho is getting more Teslas. Hopefully they'll put a supercharger midway between Boise and C'dA, or maybe more of them!

It is good to know that Idaho is getting more Teslas. Hopefully they'll put a supercharger midway between Boise and C'dA, or maybe more of them!
Yes, the road north through Stanley (popular tourist) and Salmon and up to Missoula and Montana, basically the routes north through the mountains toward Montana, are the deadest spots it seems, other than south through Wyoming over toward CO. Also sparse there. Heading to Cali, WA, etc., pretty well covered. Would be nice to fix that. I kinda figured I might have to plan a camp over at a place with RV camping/charging, if I wanted to go that way.

Reactions: DrGriz
Yes, the road north through Stanley (popular tourist) and Salmon and up to Missoula and Montana, basically the routes north through the mountains toward Montana, are the deadest spots it seems, other than south through Wyoming over toward CO. Also sparse there. Heading to Cali, WA, etc., pretty well covered. Would be nice to fix that. I kinda figured I might have to plan a camp over at a place with RV camping/charging, if I wanted to go that way.
Putting together a collection of adapters and a mattress for camp mode. :)

Definitely 3 trucks did come in. I was headed to Jackson Jet Center FBO this morning, and since it’s on the way, I just had to stop and see for myself. There were at least 24 Tesli parked behind the building. I quickly located my Blue MYP and verified the VIN. Picking it up Saturday. Gaps and paint looked perfect to me, although car is dirty and still needs detailing. Chat SA told me my VIN had pirellis, but she was dead wrong… Michelin A/S like I wanted!

Saturday can’t get here soon enough!

B8F94292-313D-40C4-8277-CF9892107A88.jpeg

7527AFA6-D5E8-482E-9400-36B79A1D4CE7.jpeg

186E320B-BAB8-42E7-AED8-A244A417615B.jpeg